GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Its a bit unusual in the headlight department and the functional wing I guess is nesscesary since its most definantly functional. I still don't know what to think about this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
I don't mind it, but damn. get rid of that wing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Much of the McClarin uses Carbon fiber. Alot of the eliments on this car were invented first for racing not ricing. Rice cars stole these eliments and brainwashed us all. Its a pity!

OK So just to clarify this whole "RICE/RICER" Issue that thr Mustang GTR started, I did some research. The UrbanDictionary.com Defines RICERS as:

Ricer

Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain.

Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast.
Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension reguardless of appearance

This could easly apply to domestic vehicles as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
well, have to admit.. fast and looks good.. wing is overkill though. what purpose does this car have though? besides luring in people like xellow (no offense) to showroom to buy a production vehicles with a third of the power and looks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Apr 7 2004, 09:05 AM
well, have to admit.. fast and looks good.. wing is overkill though. what purpose does this car have though? besides luring in people like xellow (no offense) to showroom to buy a production vehicles with a third of the power and looks?
Hellow again IMPALAon20s.

I am still confused a little also about how I feel about the 05 Mustang. However Ive never really took them serious until I saw the 2005 model. I think the 05 model with its 300HP GT and good looks is the best thing since the 67-70 Stang that started it all, and so like many car enthusests I got Mustang fever. I still don't know what you mean by implying that the mustang is only going to have a third of the power (of this concept) unless you are talking about the affordable 300 HP GT. Speaking of power, Right now as a 04 model they already offer a 390 HP SVT for 35,000. They already confirmed a 500 HP for 06 or 07. Im sure they will have many diferent performance models at different specs inorder to nurture your need for speed. If you don't like the mustang because it's a Ford, Id reconsider my way of thinking. Its the kind of car we should thank our luck stars we still have IMO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,146 Posts
Can some of you people not read at all? The wing is functional or road and track racing. It is a 'concept' (read designed and built to show future posibitilies) car. That is a it's purpose. Read the other posts on the car if you can, and you'll see why the car is not a 'ricer'. This car has a 440hp crate motor for power so if you know math, a 300hp GT in production is not a third of the power. It's close to 75% of power rather than 33%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by swahili@Apr 7 2004, 04:33 PM
Can some of you people not read at all? The wing is functional or road and track racing. It is a 'concept' (read designed and built to show future posibitilies) car. That is a it's purpose. Read the other posts on the car if you can, and you'll see why the car is not a 'ricer'. This car has a 440hp crate motor for power so if you know math, a 300hp GT in production is not a third of the power. It's close to 75% of power rather than 33%.
xellow,

ya'll also have to take into consideration that this car went on a major diet, and is probably very lightweight compared to a production mustang. too bad they didnt release those details. but 1/3 was just my estimate in terms of power/weight ratio when compared to stock, maybe i did exaggerate.. but we wouldnt know unless we had curb weights to compare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
you know, rumor has it that they were actually going to start racing officially.

But back to the point; your right, Ford along with other companys has a way of getting your hopes up and then letting you down. But on the same note, Ford has suprised me alot lately with exciting product so well just have to wait and see what happenes for sure with the stang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
my only critizism is still that rear axle and boring v6, and the fog lamps(or whatever they are) look goofy on the grille. should have left them on the bumper. thought interior was great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Originally posted by xellow+Apr 7 2004, 04:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xellow @ Apr 7 2004, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IMPALAon20s@Apr 7 2004, 09:05 AM
well, have to admit.. fast and looks good.. wing is overkill though.  what purpose does this car have though? besides luring in people like xellow (no offense) to showroom to buy a production vehicles with a third of the power and looks?
Hellow again IMPALAon20s.

I am still confused a little also about how I feel about the 05 Mustang. However Ive never really took them serious until I saw the 2005 model. I think the 05 model with its 300HP GT and good looks is the best thing since the 67-70 Stang that started it all, and so like many car enthusests I got Mustang fever. I still don't know what you mean by implying that the mustang is only going to have a third of the power (of this concept) unless you are talking about the affordable 300 HP GT. Speaking of power, Right now as a 04 model they already offer a 390 HP SVT for 35,000. They already confirmed a 500 HP for 06 or 07. Im sure they will have many diferent performance models at different specs inorder to nurture your need for speed. If you don't like the mustang because it's a Ford, Id reconsider my way of thinking. Its the kind of car we should thank our luck stars we still have IMO. [/b][/quote]
Where did you get the information about 500Hp is confirmed??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Originally posted by xellow@Apr 7 2004, 08:11 PM
Much of the McClarin uses Carbon fiber. Alot of the eliments on this car were invented first for racing not ricing. Rice cars stole these eliments and brainwashed us all. Its a pity!

OK So just to clarify this whole "RICE/RICER" Issue that thr Mustang GTR started, I did some research. The UrbanDictionary.com Defines RICERS as:

Ricer

Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain.

Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast.
Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension reguardless of appearance

This could easly apply to domestic vehicles as well.
Hello Xellow, Cribbing my posts from Brad's Site are we? :rolleyes: I really don't care but thought it was Funny to see it Posted here. There is also alot more I posted here Have a Good Laugh!:D My Post on TheMustangSource.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
This concept if proven to become a real racer COULD possibly do well in the SCCA Trans Am series. Perhaps ALMS with significant front facia aero rework.

I'm not quite a Ford fan, but still love American muscle when I see it!

It would be great to see Ford Mustangs on those courses instead of the current Saleen makes in these racing series. Along side of current Dodge Vipers & Chevy Corvettes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Apr 7 2004, 10:13 PM
my only critizism is still that rear axle and boring v6, and the fog lamps(or whatever they are) look goofy on the grille. should have left them on the bumper. thought interior was great.
What car are you talking about? The GT-R has a 5 liter 500HP V8.

I'm in agreement with most here. That car is fantastic, except for that wing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Alright fellas, now I'm not really an american car nut, but I've always respected domestics because they've come out with some pretty nice cars, I'm honestly a bigger fan of ford then GM, except for maybe the Opels and other european sides that we don't get to see, but GT-R? I mean show a little respect to the other legend that is as old as the the Mustang, I'm talking about the SKYLINE GT-R, I'm pretty sure some of you have some idea about that car, now someone correct me if I am wrong, but I've never heard of any mustang being just GT-R, its an insult when other companys just start slapping on tags to there vechicals to make them sound sporty, not that this mustang isn't, I looks like a really nice car, the BMW M3 GTR is.. well its pushing it, and the VW golf GT-R, thats a just to much, and now this Mustang, its really just enough, would you like it if Nissan called there next skyline the SKYLINE Cobra, it just sounds stupid, or how about the SKYLINE Z06, or other such tags, know this post is outta place, probably going to get flamed, maybe even have the post deleted, but just wanted for people to think about it.


Nico
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top