GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please feel free to post your own lineup in here!

Here is my ideal Suzuki lineup. Suzuki is a relatively inexpensive, sporty brand with some nicer vehicles as well.

SX4 - $13,500-$19,000
SX4 as-is. Sedan and hatch, both recieve standard AWD.

Forenza - $10,500-$15,000
Upgrade the Forenza with all-new designing inside and out, making it look more sophisticated and sporty. It's a great low-cost/high-value option against the Civic and Corolla with more standard equipment and similar size. I4 2.2L and 2.4L stardard ranging from 150 hp to 180 hp.

Verona - $17,000-$28,500
Updated styling that adds a more sleek, edgy and sophisticated look to it. A stiffer suspension setup and more powerful engines adds performance. 2.4L 200 HP, while the 3.6L produces 260 HP.

XL7 - $22,000-$32,000
XL7 as-is for the most part. Concept interior returns, however. 3.6L good for 260 HP is the only engine avaliable.

Grand Vitara - $17,000-$22,000
Grand Vitara as-is for the most part. Upgraded, sportier interior however comes into play, as does two engines: 2.4L good for 200 HP and the 3.6L V6 good for 260 HP.

Motorcycles- Exactly as-is.

**NO MOTORCYCLE ENGINES:**
Engines Employed:
----------------------------------------
V6's:
Aluminum DOHC 3.6's: 3

I4's:
2.0's: 1
2.2's: 3
2.4's: 4

Platforms Employed:
----------------------------------------
Kappa's: 1
Delta II's: 2
Epsilon II's: 1
Theta's: 2

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Re: My Ideal Suzuki Lineup; axe Kia, Hyundia

you do know Hyundai/Kia is a seperate company with no connection to GM. Their closest ally is DCX and Mitsubushi... GM took over Daewoo, no the entire Korean auto industry!!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: My Ideal Suzuki Lineup; axe Kia, Hyundia

RWD60 said:
you do know Hyundai/Kia is a seperate company with no connection to GM. Their closest ally is DCX and Mitsubushi... GM took over Daewoo, no the entire Korean auto industry!!
Oh, I was thinking those two were working w/ GM... if not, nm, my bad...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My Ideal Suzuki Lineup (Update 1)

Updated...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: My Ideal Suzuki Lineup (Update 2)

Some minor updates and two new vehicles added!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

New vehicle... Any comments? Any suggestions for the name of the van?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

More updates!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Re: My Ideal Suzuki Lineup (Update 3)

The Wagon R also comes in AWD.

Here is a picture of the Concept S2 its the convertable version of the new swift that I heard would be introduced to Europe a year after the regular swift intro. www.globalsuzuki.com used to have complete pages for both the Concept S(swift) and Concept S2(Swift convertable), too bad I can't find it anymore.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

AmericanRevolution said:
Here is my ideal Suzuki lineup. Suzuki should be Asia's Chevy in that it is the value brand from Asia.

Verona - $19,000-$24,000
Exactly as-is.

I think that the Verona should get an update in power, maybe a larger V6, with the straight 6 as a base engine, or perhaps the J23A(Aerio 2.3 I4 engine) as the base engine with a larger V6 as the upgrade option. Also the SWT could be introduced to this car by adding a firmer suspension, the larger engine, and a light ground effects package(like a lip kit).There is actually a body kit made for the Verona that looks really cool, too much for factory option, but justs proves a point that the Verona can be a sporty looking sedan. You can view it here

What about the Jimny as a Samurai? Even the old ones are still popular.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Why would you want Suzuki to be the "Chevy" of Asia? Suzuki already has a good rep in Asia. If Suzuki can bring some of their Japanese models to the U.S. that would be a good thing. I'd like to see the Lapin on sale here and the new Swift in a GT version.

Philip

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Most cars have minor to major reworkings!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Suzuki Phil said:
Why would you want Suzuki to be the "Chevy" of Asia? Suzuki already has a good rep in Asia. If Suzuki can bring some of their Japanese models to the U.S. that would be a good thing. I'd like to see the Lapin on sale here and the new Swift in a GT version.

Philip
Well, I actually need to edit what this brand is meant to be like.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A couple cars gone, a car updated...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bravada said:
As concerns the "Jive" thing - isn't the Suzuki Reno the car you mean?
Nah, never liked the name. It's been renamed, it always reminds me of Rio, lol.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
I actuall ylike both Reno and Rio names - they fit in nicely with their respective brands, and with the cars themselves. Jive just does not sound good for me for this kind of car - perhaps something like Honda Jazz or Daihatsu Copen could be named Jive...

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
I wish to see the European Swift coming here, while the current Swift+ here could be renamed "Forsa"

The Verona line-up could be expanded with a 2-door coupe and station-wagon, add also a diesel engine as an option

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bravada said:
I actuall ylike both Reno and Rio names - they fit in nicely with their respective brands, and with the cars themselves. Jive just does not sound good for me for this kind of car - perhaps something like Honda Jazz or Daihatsu Copen could be named Jive...
Rio to me brings up a cheap, awkward Kia... Reno is a fine name, but to me it just reminds me to much of the Rio, and I already told you what that reminds me of... that's me though...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moved the Aerio to the Kappa and turned it into a youthful, hip, tech-packed performance coupe who's top price doesn't exceed $20,000

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GMPCC_Ryan said:
I would like to see a version of the Dune concept that utilizes solid axles and optional off-road specific equipment (selectable lockers, 4:1 transfer case, skid plates ect) for a value priced alternative to the over priced Jeep Rubicon.

-Ryan
I'll have to check into that, never seen that one... and feel free to create your own if you want... everything is 100% up to you. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts