21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: My/Your Ideal Saturn Lineup (Update 5)

DuSpinnst said:
What is "Mr Ideal Lineup's" obsession with Exotics. Mid-Engine cars are not something Saturn wants or needs. Who is going to buy a Mid-Engine Saturn? NO ONE.
lol... well... what can I say? My favorite car is a Diablo... need I say more? :p

Favorite car being an exotic and an addiction to HP does that to a man... :rotf:

·
Registered
5,182 Posts

AmericanRevolution said:
Storm $60,000-$71,000
A mid-engine NSX-level competitor, this car is extremely sporty. With 350 hp from the V6 (Redline pumps out nearly 400hp plus a race-tuned suspension and minor interior and exterior changes for a more aggressive, sporty design), this car is extremely quick. A stiff suspension setup helps it corner like a sports car.
Maybe they can ask Honda to provide the engine for this one too. Since it'll be an NSX competitor, Honda should have plenty of engines around.

MF

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Storm taken out.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
New model added: Universe (any better ideas for the name?) and the Aura has been slightly modified. Also, Ion renamed Ring, and minor changes to that, too.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Astra
- 2.4L 170hp Ecotec, 6-speed auto
- Needs to compete with Mazda3 so HIDs, LED tails, DVD sat-nav, leather, etc.
- $20k+

Aura
- 2.8HF 210hp, 6-speed auto
- 3.6HF 260hp, 6-speed auto
- Take the 3500/4-speed and drop it on a bean counter.
- $23k+

Antara - 4-door version already coming in '08 to replace Vue
Lutz: "Will be identical to the future Saturn VUE"
- Honda 3.5L, 6-speed auto
- $20k+

Sky
- turbo option down the road

Zafira (kill Relay)
- 2.0 Turbo 240hp, 6-speed auto
- $23k+

Corsa
- Various Ecotec options, 4-speed auto
- $14k+

Final step: rename Saturn to Opel. :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I think renaming Saturn to Opel would be a stupid idea, but I like your line-up except for the Corsa. That thing is ugly.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
gmhashope said:
I think renaming Saturn to Opel would be a stupid idea, but I like your line-up except for the Corsa. That thing is ugly.
Exactly. If Saturn should change it's name then the Brits should change Vauxhall to Opel. They are pretty much the same cars, even more so than Saturn.

Saturn is a good name. I agree it should stay.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
gmhashope said:
Agreed... and for the Corsa... remember, Saturn is now the import-fighter... and the higher end ones at that (Acura/new VW/etc)...

Though why the Honda engine? Ya, it's nice, but GM has some good engines...

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
I'll Add to Proetus Lineup..

ION
- 2.4L 170hp Ecotec, 6-speed auto
- Needs to compete with Mazda3 so HIDs, LED tails, DVD sat-nav, leather, etc.
- $20k+

Aura
- 2.8HF 210hp, 6-speed auto
- 3.6HF 260hp, 6-speed auto
- Take the 3500/4-speed and drop it on a bean counter.
- $23k+

Antara - 3-door and 5-door version
Lutz: "Will be identical to the future Saturn VUE"
- 3.6HF 260 hp, 6-speed auto
- $20k+

Sky
- turbo option down the road

Zafira (kill Relay)
- 2.0 Turbo 240hp, 6-speed auto
- $23k+

ORB aka Corsa
- Various Ecotec options, 6-speed auto
- $14k+

MERIVA (A Small MPV to fill the gap between the Zafira and the ORB)
- Various Ecotec options, 6-speed auto
- $18k+

Outlook
* Saturn's first Xover
- 3.6HF 260 hp, 6-speed auto
- $35k+

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Updated the VUE... I've fallen inlove with the Antara... lol

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Updated!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That lineup looks awesome. Saturn would be a good Acura competitor. With a little nicer interior and more options(maybe the RL will fix this) the Aura would be a nice alternative to the TL.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Bump for a number of big updates!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hmm, where's the Corsa? Tigra? Meriva? Zafira? Vivaro? Saturn is the NA Opel, AmRev. I'd suggest putting in more Opel models (except the Agila).

Also, if you're thinking the "Universe" would be like an Zeta-based Opel Omega, then that's erroneous, since Buick will have WM as the Statesman, and Pontiac/Chevrolet will have VE as the G8 and Impala, respectively. However, if this "Universe" were on something like FIAT's Premium Epsilon, then that would be okay. In that case, however, drop the "Universe" name and just call it the Saturn Omega.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Dan, I thank you for your input but I'm tryin to aim Saturn more towards Acura/low end Lexus/upper-end VW than simply "America's Opel", thus I'm not incorporating all their products. Remember, this is what the creators want, not what GM makes it. You should create one, btw. :)

EDIT: Also, the Universe is basically Acura TL/RL competition.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
why in the world would you have the astra and aura at the same price? the astra should start at 16K and go to 24k, while the aurs starts and 22K and goes to 29k, the universe SHOULD BE AWD:clap: ! don't bring RWD into saturn, the price should be 28K to 35K and yes I agree with you, the name is a little off, what about SIGNUM, stolen from Vauxhall's larger car.

throw in the corsa from 14K-20K the tigra and the Zafari too.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
lol my bad, price on Astra was typo. Corsa added, Universe name changed. Tig and Zaf wont be added.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
AR, still not sure about your pricing - the spread seems a bit too broad & there are a couple 'holes' (betwn Corsa[]Astra & Aura[_]Signum). Don't you think the fully loaded version of one should overlap a touch on the base price of the next-size-up?

Also can Saturn have that 'Signum' (is it larger than Aura too?) without crowding Buick?
In case this came across as too much criticism, just want to say again how much I appreciate your Ideal Lineup threads & the dedication to keep them going.

Here's my latest thinking in chart form

yeah - considering One mid-range domestic division,
& this doesn't show the cuv-suv-whatevers or GMC.
I used the term 'Pkg' to address offering a version of another "sub-brand's" car. At this point I'm thinking they'd be badged with just the model/Pkg name - not sure if there'd be a name for the div/super-brand, tho with GMC, maybe GM-Connection conveys the idea... hmmm, does anyone use 'connection' yet?

I'll prolley post in your NA Market thread later (really like that you're doing a BigPicture thread).

21 - 40 of 60 Posts