·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post your ideal Dodge lineup here!

My Ideal Dodge Lineup:
I would keep it the same aside from the following changes:
Charger
Exactly as-is, except offer a coupe variant as the main car.

Stratus
Enlargen the coupe/sedan by a couple of inches in length, and an inch in width. Redesign to go with the new look of Dodge's cars. Offer more powerful engine options, ranging from 180 hp I4 to 220 hp V6. R/T model would gain 260 hp V6, track-tuned suspension, minor interior and exterior changes for a more sporty and aggressive look, standard AWD, and new 18" chrome rims.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think my ideal dodge lineup would pretty much be the same, except i would like to see a charger coupe as the main model, and offer it as a sedan for the family guy. challenger coupe, hemi powered. a 6.1 hemi SRT8 model of that as well. hehehe. ummm also bring back the coronet or dart. the dart should be something like a compact car that can be modified to ones taste, but have a engine that puts out like 240-250hp.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
ok im not talking numbers but heres mine:

Charger:as is with a coupe variant offered

Shadow:stratus replacement.it would share no desogn with the charger/magnum.coupe and convertible would be offered.

Rebel:i read somewhere that dodge would offer a sedan version of the caliber called "rebel".of course thats just a rumor.

Caliber:as is

and everything would have a hemi!!! :D :hyper:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Offer coupe version of current Charger with a 6 Speed manual tranny. Replace Stratus with Challenger. Replace Neon with Dart, (slightly bigger). Engine power increase. 6.1 HEMI should be 450 HP.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I like what I see, more or less. My main concern is with the Stratus replacement, as the mid-size sedan it's probably the most important car. I'm hearing that it will be something other than a simple sedan, maybe a 5 door. That would be okay as long as they get the lines exactly right. The Mazda 6 is a great example of a 5 door sedan that has the right look. I do hope the new car is a little sleeker than some other Dodge products, it definently needs to be better looking than the Avenger concept ppl are now talking about as the replacement vehicle.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
everything as-is, except for:

new avenger- for the tuner crowd (stratus replacement, on stretched crossfire platform) :D
new challenger- for the muscle crowd :hyper:
new stealth- on viper's platform, but around $30,000 and turbo V6/V8 :yup:
new SRT4- 'based on' EVO X, it should fit dodge's new image ( :cool: )

-camaroman22

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wanna play...

Charger- Keep as is, but change the front end so it doesn't resemble a truck.

Challenger- 2 door that looks like nothing like the Charger. Offer it in three trim lines- base/Special Edition (basically the SXT version, but with leather)/ R/T with the Hemi and of course a SRT-8 version. Keep the price low and price it similar or slightly under the Mustang. Make it a convertible model as well.

Stratus- AWD as an option, offer a V-8 like the Impala or give it the Mexican 2.4 turbo as an option.

Rebel- the two door version of the Caliber. Give it AWD and an R/T and SRT-4 or SRT-6 version.

Caliber- drop the station wagon version and stick with the sedan. Give it AWD and an SRT-4 version.

Razor- the under 20K roadster similar to the Solstice and Miata

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Caravan - Needs redesign, but I mirror my comments for T&C in the Chrysler thread - change the sheetmetal some.

Dakota - Introduce a hybrid to compensate for the truck's horrid mileage. Give it the 3.7 6 cylinder and accompany it with a 70hp electric motor with combined mileage of at least 23 mpg.

Durango - Drop the 3.7 6 cylinder as its underpowered for a truck of this size.

Magnum - styling could use a little jazzing up - it does not look mean enough, especially the headlights. This is especially necessary on lower line models as they look downright cheap.

Charger - As is.

Challenger - Coupe version of the Charger. Eight cylinder only.

Caliber - Needs a sedan version since Americans are so anti-hatchback despite their extreme practicality.

Ram - Fine for now.

Stratus - Complete redesign on the Galant platform like the Sebring, but shares no sheetmetal. Have an R/T model with the 3.5 V6 and at least 280hp.

Avenger - Re-introduce the Avenger as the new Stratus Coupe. It would be based off the Eclipse platform. Have an R/T model with at least 280hp.

Viper - As is.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Minor changes to Stratus.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmm...I see some potentially awesome things above.

-Charger: As is, but offer an ACR version of the SRT-8. The ACR would be lightened by a bunch, with few if any changes to drivetrain.

-Challenger: As is, convertible option, SRT version offer more power for less money than Mustang and all other competitors.

-Caliber: Offer a sedan version, shortened hatchback version, and maybe a coupe version. Also, offer SRT versions with ~240hp.

-Viper: Offer multiple performance packages- 450hp, 550hp, and the rumored 700hp. Outrageous, attractive looks- not toned down for the elderly.

-Dakota: Make it not hideous. Offer SRT version. Maybe.

-Ram: Facelift to nullify current facelift.

-Magnum: Maybe offer a truck version to compete with the SSR. Even though that catgory really dosen't rake in that much money at all.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
BrickTamland said:
Stratus - Complete redesign on the Galant platform like the Sebring, but shares no sheetmetal. Have an R/T model with the 3.5 V6 and at least 280hp.

Avenger - Re-introduce the Avenger as the new Stratus Coupe. It would be based off the Eclipse platform. Have an R/T model with at least 280hp.

Viper - As is.
actually, the galant and eclipse are on the same platform :D .

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would anyone like to take a stab at a re-structured Dodge?

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
There:

2012 Dodge Omni

A Dacia Sandero equivalent (cheap to build, buy and own, resistant to the conditions found in emerging markets), built around Fiat's new "emerging markets" platform replacing (and combining the elements of) the "178" Fiat Palio platform and the "188" Fiat Punto II.

Popular especially in emerging markets, such as Latin America or China (Fiatsler would have to revive e.g. Beijing Jeep), but also sold in developed countries.

Not sure about the name, other propositions welcome

2012 Dodge Aries or Dart

A larger, sedan version of the Omni platform, a la Dacia Logan. Tetrafuel and all. Fiatsler's runaway success in many markets.

2012 Dodge Duster

Omni-platform-based pickup, with 4x4 options, primarily for Latin America.

2012 Dodge Hunter

Wagon version of the Aries/Dart with 4x4/off-road option.

Dodge Avenger

The Mitsubishi platform is all moved to Toluca, and the Avenger is merged with Journey (yes DuSpinnst I know not gonna happen), using interior bits and other stuff. The kink is cancelled and front and rear remodelled, as well as ride height lowered to make it look longer and sleeker. A wagon is introduced to boost sales in Europe and other markets, especially with fleet customers.

Dodge Journey

As is, but with a front and rear update as well as new instrument cluster.

More coming... You can comment in the meantime ;)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
There has to be a C-class sedan in between the Romanian Renaults and the Avenger. Rely on B-class products alone is a recipe for disaster. Just ask Suzuki. You might also want to give the B-class Hatch and sedan the same name and shy away from Omni. I don't know how its remembered in Europe, but mention the name here and you'll here a few chuckles.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
for me what should be number one on Chryslers priority list is a new mid sized sedan. The Mid size market is one of the biggest car markets around and so far Chrysler has completely failed to deliver a decent mid sizer. Ford did it with the new Fusion, GM with the new Malibu whats stopping Chrysler from doing the same. they have the Sebring and the Avenger but those have completely failed at just about everything except for garnering hordes of recalls. I know I'm sounding repetitive every time i say this but it's the truth and the truth hurts sometimes

1 - 20 of 34 Posts