Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My & Your Ideal Dodge Lineup 2.0​

Feedback, Thoughts Wanted!

And here is Dodge :D

Spectrum $11,700-$17,100
Platform: Fiat Mini
Engine: 99 HP 1.4L; 133 HP turbo 1.4L, 200 HP turbo 1.4L, 94 HP/150 TQ Diesel 1.3L
The Spectrum is based off the Fiat 500's Mini platform, but offering a Dodge interior and exterior design. Aimed as a low-priced subcompact, this car targets the likes of Chevy, Ford, Honda, and Toyoto compacts in price. A sport-tuned SRT-4 model offers up 200 horsepower from a turbocharged 1.4L, complete with a sport-tuned suspension, Brembo brakes, sport seats, ground effects, and a tighter steering.

Dart $16,400-$28,600
Platform: Fiat Compact
Engine: 160 HP 2.0L, 185 HP 2.4L, 200 HP Turbo 1.4L, 260 HP Turbo 2.0L
The Dart concept, pretty much as-is. SXT and Rallye gets the 2.4L, while the R/T recieves the turbocharged 1.4L with a sport-tuned suspension, tires, and seats. The SRT-4 receives the turbo 2.0L and standard AWD, an option on the all others except the SE, which is not available. SRT-4 receives special ground-effects, a very aggressively tuned suspension, upgraded steering, Brembo brakes, and SRT sport seats.

Monaco $19,995-$29,800
Platform: Fiat C
Engine: 200 HP Turbo 1.4L, 260 HP Turbo 2.0L, 290 HP 3.6L, Turbo 1.4L/Electric Hybrid
Based off Fiat's Bravo, the Monaco name returns, replacing the much-maligned Avenger. Featuring three hard-hitting engines and a hybrid option, the vehicle is priced a bit on the value side of things. However, it offers one of the class-best interior qualities and plenty of features. Uconnect is standard on the R/T and Limited model, optional on the SE, SXT, and Rallye. The Limited offers a comfort-oriented ride with plush appointments, such as heated and cooled leather seats, faux leather dash, xenon projectors, and a fantastic Bose sound system. the R/T model, meanwhile, offers sport buckets, a sport-tuned suspension, and more aggressive ground effects.

Challenger $25,995-$72,800
Platform: LX
Engine: 325 HP 3.6L, 390 HP 5.7 HEMI, 470 HP 6.4L HEMI, 575 HP 6.4L HEMI "392"
An all-new Challenger comes out based on a heavily updated LX platform. Slightly smaller and with lower weight, the new Challenger is better adapted at competing with the Mustang and Alpha-based Camaro. The styling is evolutionary, offering very clearly Challenger design inside and out, but also very clearly updated as a new generation. The chassis has been tuned for better performance, and mixed with a lower weight allows it to better tackle the drag strip and corners.

Charger $26,995-$69,800
Platform: LX
Engine: 325 HP 3.6L, 390 HP 5.7 HEMI, 470 HP 6.4L HEMI, 575 HP 6.4L HEMI "392"
The Charger receives some smaller updates and a new engine lineup. The SRT-8 & Super Bee receive a more powerful version of the 6.4L, being bumped up to 575 horsepower. Meanwhile, the R/T gets the "old" 6.4L previously used in the SRT-8 which puts out 470 horsepower. The stout 5.7L is used as an optional engine in the SXT Sport and Rallye models.

Journey $17,995-$37,800
Platform: JC
Engine: 200 HP Turbo 1.4L, 260 HP Turbo 2.0L, 290 HP 3.6L, 325 HP 3.6L, Turbo 1.4L/Electric Hybrid
The Journey received a very nice update, however an all-new generation brings out much a more striking design. The vehicle is very slightly smaller to help differentiate itself from the Durango and Grand Caravan. A low base price with the turbo 1.4L gives the base SE a very easy entrance to the low-end seven seat market, however one has to move up to the SXT or higher to get features such as AWD, heated and cooled leather seats, xenon headlights, and other nice features.

Durango $29,995-$48,450
Platform: ML
Engine: 290 HP 3.6L, 325 HP 3.6L, 390 HP 5.7L HEMI, 3.6L/Electric Hybrid
Pretty well setup as it is.

Grand Caravan $21,495-$42,950
Platform: RL
Engine: 290 HP 3.6L, 325 HP 3.6L, 3.6L/Electric Hybrid
The Grand Caravan is all new, and getting based off the RL platform, a new platform replacing the RT chassis that underpinned the 2008+ Chrysler vans. Offering a slightly more aggressive, much sleeker design. The Grand Caravan grows to become the largest van in its class leading to more space and comfort. Capable of being heavily loaded up in features such as xenon projector headlights, radar-based cruise, continually adjusting suspension, and so forth gives this vehicle serious credentials against other minivans. A Citadel version is the high-end luxury version, while an R/T version offers a reworked suspension tuned a bit more for performance, while receiving basic ground effects, sportier tires, lighter wheels, and the 325 HP V6.

Stealth $34,995-$56,800
Platform: M145
Engine: 380 HP Turbo 3.6L
An all-new RWD/AWD sports car platform co-developed with Fiat allows Dodge to bring back the Stealth name. Standard AWD, a twin-turbo V6, and a 2-seat setup aim to take on the likes of the 370Z Nismo and other midrange sports cars. Offering goodies such as Uconnect and leather heated sport seats, the car can come well-equipped, but still offers a relatively low weight for an all wheel drive sports car.

Viper $89,995-$148,800
Platform: M150
Engine: 650 HP 8L V10, 750 HP Turbo 8.0L V10
Based off the all-new M150 Fiat/Chrysler platform, the Viper makes a return with an all new 650 HP V10. In design it is very clearly a Viper, but all new as well in its design being on the far edge of evolutionary. Inside, the cabin takes a huge step forward with high-quality material and good egonomics. In keeping with the Viper tradition, it comes standard as a very base-bones model. However, one can option up the vehicle with Uconnect, heated/cooled seats, leather-wrapped dash, among other high-end features like radar-base cruise control.
SRT-10 model turns this already capable track vehicle into an absolute monster build specifically for the track, and bumped power to 750 horses.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The full lineup is now up :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
My ideal Dodge lineup is Dart, Charger, Challenger, and Grand Caravan period.
Jeep should have all the crossovers and SUV's. I would replace the Journey with the next generation Jeep Liberty and the Durango with the Grand Wagoneer.
Chrysler should have 200, 300, and Town and Country. I do not favor a compact Chrysler.
Fiat should have the 500 and the Ellezero and should be sold in Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealerships. I have my doubts about Alfa Romeo returning to the U.S. market.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Don't like the Spectrum name, reminds me of somewhat crappy Geo's. Don't like the Dart name, but I'll have to live with it as it is being used. Don't like the Monaco name either, just reminds me of older cars that, in my memory, were not that appealing. I can get behind the Stealth name though.

One thing about Dodge is I always liked some of their more "modern" names. Daytona was a good name for a car. So is Stealth. I really thing Avenger is one of the better names out there (with not much history of a good car to back it up.)

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
Subcompact

Dart

Avenger

Charger

Challenger

Nitro

Journey

Durango

Grand Caravan