GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post your ideal Chrysler lineup here!

Mine would be as-is, exactly, aside from the following changes...

Sebring
Based on a FWD platform, this coupe and convertable is a rather luxurious car. Sleek, semi-bold design. Real wood trim. Standard leather and a softer suspension. However, options can be made to stiffen up the suspension, add aluminum instead of wood trim, and other minor performance-oriented changes. V6's ranging from 220 HP to 280 HP.

Pacifica
Exactly as-is, aside from more powerful engines, a sportier suspension, and an all-new interior design.

Firepower!
Add in the Firepower! concept, exactly as-is.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Yeah, that would be good, being different would probaly allow it to sell more, since the rear is the weak point of the car.
And AmericanRevolution, how did you get so many posts? You joined like a week after me, and yet you have four times as many as I do.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yip, I agree... it's definately aging now...

And, umm... I'm really active? Particularly in the first month or so, I was on like 24/7, hehe...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree that the Sebring needs a revamp, but in my opinion, it should have an all new name, it should be FWD, and it doesn't need stupid power. They need to concentrate on the ride, the interior, the stereo, the seats, and designing it for long distance travel.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wefakr said:
I agree that the Sebring needs a revamp, but in my opinion, it should have an all new name, it should be FWD, and it doesn't need stupid power. They need to concentrate on the ride, the interior, the stereo, the seats, and designing it for long distance travel.
More luxury over performance huh?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yay for my first post...

i disagree on the sebring being the 300 coupe/convertible.. the midsize vehicle shouldnt be simply a shortened version of your full size vehicle...

put the new sebring on the stretched lancer platform DCX was taking from Mitsu.. make it really classy and not as polarizing as the 300... make it similar to the airflite concept, but more sedan-ish... 2.7 w/4spd auto or spd manual for base and fleet, 3.5 5spd auto for the top model... do a coupe with the same options and similar design styling...

everything else would be fine... altho if you must, you can add in a "chrysler aspen" durango-based SUV as long as it's not just a durango with an egg-crate grille and more luxury...

·
Registered
36 Posts
AmericanRevolution said:
Post your ideal Chrysler lineup here!

Mine would be as-is, exactly, aside from the following changes...

Sebring
Completely rebuilt on the 300's platform. It would be the 2-door version of the 300 (like the Solara is to the Camry). Same engines, slightly different rear-end design. Aside from that and that it is two-door coupe and 'vert, unchanged from the 300/300C/SRT-8.

Pacifica
Exactly as-is, aside from more powerful engines, a sportier suspension, and an all-new interior design.

Firepower!
Add in the Firepower! concept, exactly as-is.
I think your lineup sucks.

You need a viable FWD midsize sedan in the lineup. There is too many Chrysler fans who do not like the LX styling or the RWD that the 300 has.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
My Chrysler Lineup:
Sebring: Heavily Revised FWD Platform based on current Sebring Platform, Sedan and Convertible, 2.7L 200 HP V6 on sedan, 4-Speed Automatic with Autostick, Traveller's Display, available Nav System etc. Standard on Sebring Convertibles and Dodge Stratus Sedan/Coupe would be a 3.5L 235 HP V6 (engine comes from Intrepid) with a 5-Speed auto w/Autostick.

300: As is

T&C: GONE

PACIFICA: 3.8L 260 HP V6 from Mitsubishi

Crossfire: As is

·
Registered
436 Posts
Why would you get rid of the T&C, one of the few successful luxury minivans on the market? The only change I'd make is to eliminate the lower-end T&C that is supposed to compensate for the loss of the Voyager.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
300 - Drop the 2.7 V6, it is underpowered for such a large car.

Crossfire - Ideally, it should be moved to the new SLK platform, but that would not happen because the car is only two years old. Chrysler is kind of stuck in a rut with this one.

PT Cruiser - Needs a redesign for '07 with an increase in power for each engine. Perhaps they could drop the naturally aspirated 2.4 Four and use the 180hp turbo version for non-GT models.

Pacifica - As is

Sebring - Complete redesign. The sedan and convertible could be put on the Galant platform, but no shared panels. The coupe could be put on the Eclipse platform.

Town & Country - Needs a redesign, but will not happen with the big update last year. They could bide their time and give the T&C a restyle that changes the sheetmetal some before a full redesign for '09.

Firepower! - Introduce it as is, but drop the exclamation point.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
flagship said:
I think your lineup sucks.

You need a viable FWD midsize sedan in the lineup. There is too many Chrysler fans who do not like the LX styling or the RWD that the 300 has.
I guess we had been overexposed for FWD for too long, althought it have lots of advantages in the snow belt and Canada, however in the Southern states, it's another thing http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
tuxmelvin said:
Why would you get rid of the T&C, one of the few successful luxury minivans on the market? The only change I'd make is to eliminate the lower-end T&C that is supposed to compensate for the loss of the Voyager.
I hate minivan's, besides, they have the Pacifica, what's the point in having the T & C as well.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
They have it because it is a van and the Pacifica is a crossover SUV. They are in different classes. They also have it for people who want something a step above in image, if not features, from a Caravan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IAMCANADIAN said:
My Chrysler Lineup:

T&C: GONE - T&C Cannot Go! It needs some improvements and refinements - and a new powerplant - but its already underway. New minivan platform is well under development

PACIFICA: 3.8L 260 HP V6 from Mitsubishi - Nope, Chryslers got a new 4.0L V6 up its sleeve.

Crossfire: As is - Drop it
Crossfire: As is - Drop it

PACIFICA: 3.8L 260 HP V6 from Mitsubishi - Nope, Chryslers got a new 4.0L V6 up its sleeve.

T&C: GONE - T&C Cannot Go! It needs some improvements and refinements - and a new powerplant - but its already underway. New minivan platform is well under development

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sebring completely revamped!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts