GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My & Your Ideal Cadillac Lineup 3.0​

Feedback, Thoughts Wanted!

Hey, sorry it took so long to get the Cadillac one out, but alas... here it is! :) Go ahead and give input, as well as post your own ideal Cadillac lineup.

CUE
In My Ideal Cadillac Lineup, CUE is upgraded from it’s current form. Like in the Ciel concept, the CUE's screen is hidden until ready to be used, at which point it is electronically raised out of the dash allowing a cleaner, uncluttered dash design.

Sync & Connect Connect directly to your iTunes account, in which you can sync your account directly to your car. This will allow you to access photos, videos, music, and so much more from your iTunes account.
Wirelessly sync your iPod, iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows Mobile devise to access music, apps, and videos.
Connecting via CUEtooth Bluetooth, you can send and receive calls and texts.

CUE App Store CUE comes standard with a number of built-in apps, such as the CUE Calender, which can be edited and synced with your iOS/Android/Windows Mobile calender wirelessly. Likewise, the CUE Scheduler handles notifications, such as reminders and to-do's and can sync such things from your phone as well into your CUE Scheduler. Other built-in apps include weather and traffic alerts. In addition, download other apps at the CUE App Store, hosted by iTunes.

CUE App CUE offers a computer application - available for Windows, Apple, and Chrome OS's - which will allow your internet-connected computer to wirelessly be synced up to your CUE to access files on your computer such as documents, pictures, videos, and music in your car.
A CUE app is also available for your iOS/Android/Windows Mobile devise.
On both the CUE program and app, it will give you information on your car – location in the event its stolen, up-coming, currently needed, or past due maintenance, needs such as gas, oil, or air in its tires, your cars VIN number, and so forth. You will also be able to schedule a maintenance.

Turn Your Smart Phone Into Your Key CUE also works with your Cadillac smart key, in which it will sense your nearing the vehicle. A simple reach for the door will unlock and slightly open the door, removing the need for a typical door handle. When CUE is setup on your phone and registered to your particular car, your mobile devise can double as your smart key, thus with the CUE-enable mobile devise you will be able to turn on the car and so forth.

Communicate With Your Cadillac You have the ability to completely skip the touch-screen. Voice interaction will allow you to easily and quickly navigate CUE without ever taking your eyes off the road and hands off the steering wheel. CUE will response quickly and communicate with you. In addition, CUE will let you know about upcoming appointments, reminders, and so forth.

Blazing Broadband CUE offers an encrypted WiFi network with 4G LTE speeds. The hardware for internet speeds can be upgraded over time at your Cadillac dealership.

Advancing CUE Should you decide to upgrade (standard on Ciel, XLR, Cien, and Sixteen) to an even more advanced version, CUE takes it a large step beyond that, an almost fully-interactive CUE system in which will greet you, control things such as turning on or off the car, selecting drive, reverse, or park gears, control the windows, and so forth.
CUE also offers cloud services, called the CUE Cloud, which can back up everything in your CUE hard drive to your CUE Cloud account. This is instantly synced, so that you can access anything on your CUE when you change cars. Likewise, if you own multiple Cadillac's, you have setup your CUE account on all your Cadillac's to have access to your CUE across your multiple Cadillac's.

CUE presents, in this form, unmatched in-car technology; an infotainment system no other auto maker can rival.

ATS $37,900-$84,000
Platform: Alpha
Engine: 270 HP turbo 1.8L, 360 HP 3.6L HO, 500 HP LS3, 200 HP/300 TQ diesel 2.3L, 2.5L/Electric Hybrid
The ATS, pretty much as-is. However, a few changes and additions are made. The base 2.5L is dropped, while the V-series is a real killer. CUE is standard, along with a whole host of other goodies such as adaptive cruise, xenon projectors, heated/cooled leather seats, and more. AWD is optional on all models, including the V.
V-Series offers the 500 HP LS3, while massive brakes, MagneticRide Control, reworked steering, aggressively bolstered seats, and a very aggressive design help round out this M3/RS4/AMG 63 killer.

CTS $58,995-$129,950
Platform: LWB Alpha
Engine: 360 HP 3.6L HO, 420 HP turbo 3.6L, 480 HP 4.8L Northstar II, 650 HP 6.3L LXX, 3.6L/electric hybrid
The new-generation CTS offers direct competition for the 5-series/A6/E-class/M crowd with its larger, class-correct size and tremendous amounts of features, power, and style. Slightly biggest than its competitors, the Sigma II has been put on a weight-loss plan to put it in the middle, weight size. Meanwhile, its powerful lineup of engines out-powers its group. Offered in sedan, coupe, and wagon. AWD optional on all models including the V.
V-Series builds off of the huge success and performance of the second-generation CTS-V, and still includes all three body styles - yes, the cult-hit CTS-V Wagon is back! Powered by 650 supercharged American V8 ponies, this car outpaces its competition on the straight line, while tuned on the track allows it to out-handle the best the competition has to offer, including the Euro-only RS6.

XTS $48,495-$66,995
Platform: LWB Epsilon II
Engine: 360 HP 3.6L HO, 420 HP turbo 3.6L, 3.6L/electric hybrid
The XTS, pretty much as-is. It's an AWD, luxury-focused full-size Cadillac sedan. Copious amounts of quality, luxury, and features put this car on the map. After this vehicle runs its course, however, it will be axed with the CTS moving upmarket and the ATS covering the 3-series.

XLR $82,495-$130,995
Platform: Y-Body II
Engine: 480 HP 4.8L Northstar II, 575 HP 5.5L Northstar II
The XLR returns, and returns with a fiery. An edgy, front-engine/rear-drive, long-nose/short-deck take on the modern Arts & Science Cadillac design, this two-seat roadster is a road-burner, its base engine offering more power than the previous generation V-series. Filled with all the modern Cadillac wizardry, such as the advanced version of CUE, heated/cooled/massaging seats, adaptive cruise, the most advanced version of MagneticRide Control, and so forth mixed with an interior unrivaled by the Germans makes this a truly world-class roadster.
The V-series, meanwhile, is powered by a modified version of the 5.5L Northstar II engine is tuned for more performance than in the Ciel. Offering a more aggressive exhaust tone, the car not only destroys dragstrips, but its chassis is ready to take on the corners, the steering offering good feedback and sharp turn-in, and the massive brakes will haul the two-seater to a stop in no time.

Ciel $102,495-$221,995
Platform: Emperor
Engine: 480 HP 4.8L Northstar II, 550 HP 5.5L Northstar II, 670 HP turbo 5.5L Northstar II, 4.8L/electric hybrid
Pretty much the Ciel concept. Offered in sedan and four-door convertible. Cadillac's S-class hunter, this sedan blows its competition out of the water. This massive execu-liner is unmatched in style, luxury, interior materials, comfort, and features. And while there's no official V-series, the turbo 5.5L produces a punch unmatched by any of its competitors. Offered in four and five seater setup. Standard AWD. Enjoy such standard features as the most advanced MagneticRide Suspension yet, multi-color ambient lighting, auto-sensing doors, infrared night-vision assistance, heated/cooled/massaging seats, heated and cooled steering wheel and shift gear knob, 1TB on-board hard-drive, the advanced version of CUE, four-zone climate control, four throne-like seats, and much more.

Cien $370,495 +
Platform: Cheetah
Engine: 750 HP 5.8L Ultra V12
Cien concept, pretty much as-is. It's Cadillac's super car. Featuring a free-revving, passionate, and very powerful 5.8L V12, this car is meant to take on the world's best super cars - however, even with incredible performance, the car still offers plenty of luxury such as the advanced version of CUE. Limited to 250 fully customized builds per year.

BRX $39,900-$69,550
Engine: 270 HP turbo 1.8L, 360 HP 3.6L HO, 420 HP turbo 3.6L, 2.5L/Electric Hybrid
This rear-drive compact crossover is based on the renowned rear-drive Alpha platform with the X3 in its sights. Focused on luxury and performance, this small crossover offers plenty of style, mounds of luxury, and class-topping interior quality. But the performance cannot be overlooked, with three powerful engines, topped by a twin turbo 3.6L putting out 400 horsepower. While there is no V-series, the BRX Turbo will leave the X3 and most other crossovers in the dust thanks to its relatively low weight. Meanwhile, thanks to a three-setting chassis control with MagneticRide Control, the suspension and steering are game to tango in the twisties.

SRX $55,900-$124,450
Platform: LWB Alpha
Engine: 360 HP 3.6L HO, 420 HP turbo 3.6L, 575 HP 5.5L Northstar II, 3.0L/Electric Hybrid
In its third generation, the SRX returns once again to a rear-drive setup, atop the Sigma II platform. Targeting the likes of the Porche Cayenne and X5, this midsize crossover offers plenty of luxury, but should you so chose the SRX Sport, it'll offer a large scoop of performance. All the usual Cadillac goodies cover your luxury bases - adjustable chassis control with MagneticRide Control, adaptive cruise, CUE, and so forth. The Sport model, however, tunes everything more towards performance.
V-series sets the tone for performance crossovers, out-muscling even the ragging Cayenne Turbo by 75 horsepower. This car is not quite raw-edged performance, but like every Cadillac V-series, you know you're buying this for performance, not ultimate comfort. Ready to rip apart asphalt and straighten the corners, this vehicle is well-loaded as one would expect for upwards of $110,000, but plenty of money has gone into cutting weight, thus leading to even better performance numbers.

Escalade $86,900-$134,550
Platform: GMT-950
Engine: 500 HP 6.3L, 560 HP 7.0L, 640 HP supercharged 6.3L, 5.7L/Electric Hybrid
The Escalade takes things up several notches with its base 500 horse 6.3L, a masterpiece of an interior, jaw-dropping style, and a mountain of luxury. Aimed as the likes of the Mercedes GL and the Range Rover, this big, brash, luxurious SUV offers no apologies, nor do its owners. Class-leading in power and features, there is a reason this SUV is so expensive, and so sought after. CUE is standard, with the advanced version being optional/
Platinum version gains the supercharged 6.3L standard, tuned for usage in an SUV instead of the Corvette, while plenty of seemingly out-of-reach features are standard - as they should be with scratching $135,000. Advanced version of CUE is standard on the Platinum.

Sixteen $1,900,000 +
Platform: Sixteen
Engine: 1300 HP quad-turbo 13.4L V16
We all know about this car. Nothing else really needs to be said, besides it'll smash every Rolls, Bentley, and Maybach ever built. Unparalleled luxury, features, and quality no other car the world over can compare to. Advanced version of CUE is standard. Limited to a maximum 100 fully customized builds per year.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Cadillac Engine Lineup
  • Mightytec 2.3TD (1)
    Cadillac ATS​
  • Ecotec 1.8t (2)
    Cadillac ATS​
    Cadillac BRX​
  • LFX2 HO 3.6 (5)
    Cadillac ATS​
    Cadillac CTS​
    Cadillac XTS​
    Cadillac BRX​
    Cadillac SRX​
  • LFX2 3.6t (4)
    Cadillac CTS​
    Cadillac XTS​
    Cadillac BRX​
    Cadillac SRX​
  • LX5 7.0 (1)
    Cadillac Escalade​
  • LX3 6.3 (1)
    Cadillac Escalade​
  • LXX 6.3s (1)
    Cadillac CTS-V​
  • LX4 6.3s (1)
    Cadillac Escalade Platinum​
  • Northstar II 4.8 (3)
    Cadillac CTS​
    Cadillac XLR​
    Cadillac Ciel​
  • Northstar II 5.5 (2)
    Cadillac XLR​
    Cadillac Ciel​
  • Northstar II 5.5t (1)
    Cadillac Ciel​
  • Ultra 5.8 (1)
    Cadillac Cien​
  • 16 13.4t (1)
    Cadillac Sixteen​

Cadillac Platform Lineup
  • Alpha (2)
    Cadillac ATS​
    Cadillac BRX​
  • LWB Alpha (2)
    Cadillac CTS​
    Cadillac SRX​
  • Emperor (1)
    Cadillac Ciel​
  • LWB Epsilon II (1)
    Cadillac XTS​
  • GMT-950 (1)
    Cadillac Escalade​
  • Y-Body II (1)
    Cadillac XLR​
  • Cheetah (1)
    Cadillac Ciel​
  • Sixteen (1)
    Cadillac Sixteen​

·
Registered
43,953 Posts
Nice lineup, but frankly, I think you've under-priced each and every single one of those cars!
I think Sixteen theway you've equipped it, should be $850,000 base.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was kinda disputing with myself the prices... lol rather they needed to go up or not. I envision Cadillac truly being "The Cadillac of Automobiles" again...

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I like many of your ideas.

A couple of comments though:
-Making the CTS larger just to compete with the five series doesn't help. The current CTS sells well at the size it is and growing it "just because" does nothing for the customer by itself. Believe it or not, 99% of the CTS owners don't drive around fretting over that their car is larger than a 3, smaller then a 5. They just love their car and just don't care about 3s and 5 size comparisons.

- The current SRX is a success and shows no sign of slowing down. It’s better to take an evolutionary approach that builds on that success.

-Your price increases sound like the same marketing plan as BMW's $300 oil change. Rarely does a price increase increase sales. Despite what a small, vocal, contingent trumpets here the truth is that sane, rational households with 6 figure incomes still have a budget. They are not going to pay extra just because they can.

Otherwise a very interesting plan

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The SRX and Escalade are priced too close together. You need to decrease the price of the SRX, at least on the top end.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not bad. I think you have all the bases covered, with the exception of the S-Class/7-series competitor. That car needs to be in place before we talk about "shooting the moon" with an over the top Sixteen. Isn't this "Omega" platform some of you have mentioned supposed to be the "S-Class" Cadillac?

I am not wild about another Corvette-based XLR. Call me an old geezer (which I am not), but I don't think a car like the Vette translates well into a luxury car worthy of the Cadillac badge: too low of a seating position, high cowl, etc. I think the XLR should be more on par with the SL Mercedes.

In keeping with GM's stated desire to reduce the proliferation of platforms and engines, I don't think you still need a Sigma platform. We know it is heavy. What about an "Alpha LWB"? I am guessing GM was smart enough to consider that option. Then you have one basic platform that covers the ATS,CTS,SRX and BRX. As for engines, I have had a hard time too with GM not building a "modern" V-8. Don't get me wrong: the current small block V-8 in all of it's current configurations is one heck of an engine. I thought at one point GM was considering a DOHC variant of the small block for the next generation. Maybe that could work.

XTS: I think if GM is serious about taking Cadillac to the next level, the XTS has to go away. With Buick moving up the ladder, a big, cushy Epsilon-II sedan is at home with the Buick brand.... and Buick already has that with the LaCrosse.

Escalade: Ugh. I have mixed emotions over this thing. GM makes boat loads of $ on it. That is good. People who buy them love them. That is good. BUT... I can't help but think that this is the same frame, same basic sheetmetal, painted in the same booth, as a Tahoe. The Tahoe PPV that my local police use went down the assembly line with Escalades. My thought is.... could you take the Omega platform and build a Uber-SUV off of it? Then you have true differentiation between the Tahoe/Yukon and the Escalade.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
The next CTS is known to be built on the Alpha platform.

There is also the larger "Omega" sedan in the works.

Sigma dies with the current CTS.

The Sixteen isn't necessary, or even a good idea. Ask Daimler how Maybach worked out for them.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
CUE
In My Ideal Cadillac Lineup, CUE is upgraded from it’s current form. Updates include the ability to connect, over the internet, with your iTunes account, which will allow you to play music in your iTunes account and sync the music, apps, and videos you have directly onto your cars hard drive. You’re also able to watch movies and access the apps in your iTunes account when in park. In addition, you’re able to wirelessly sync your iPod, iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows Mobile devise to access music, apps, and videos, as well as your contact list for making Bluetooth wireless calls.

If you download the CUE program on your PC, Chrome, or Apple computer, this will also allow your internet-connected computer to wirelessly be synced up to your CUE to access additional things, such as documents, in your car. Add to that, the CUE program for your computer and the CUE app for your iOS/Android/Windows Mobile devise will give you information on your car – location in the event its stolen, up-coming, currently needed, or past due maintenance, needs such as gas, oil, or air in its tires, your cars VIN number, and so forth.

CUE also is a WiFi hot-spot with 4G LTE speeds.

CUE presents, in this form, unmatched in-car technology; an infotainment system no other auto maker can rival.
I think an absolutely killer infotainment system is key to attracting younger (and more) buyers.

They need to keep two words in mind: INTUITIVE and REVOLUTIONARY

They should include iPads or Droid tablets for each passenger (preferably iPads for the image/if they could ever get such a deal with Apple) in the flagship models (Escalade/cars). They'd piggyback off of CUE's 4G that and would enable you to use something like airplay between the tablets and main CUE system so you'd be able to listen to music from the iPads that come with it. They wouldn't be specifically tethered to the car either, so basically when you buy the flagship you get 3-4 iPads (standard, it'd only be another $2600 on a flagship and under $5k on an Escalade which, at that price range, shouldn't even matter) to do with what you please, as well. CUE would have a built-in encrypted network (to share the connection) that you'd use for the included iPads or a newer model (since there's a new one like once every six months), or even a laptop or netbook if you really insisted. The voice control needs to be top notch. Like Siri. She would recognize everyday speech and control most of the car. She'd also recognize who is speaking and from which seat it's being said. For example, while cruising in the fast lane with both hands on the wheel, you'd say, "Siri, roll my window down a little bit?" She'd roll it down an inch or two. You'd ask her, "A little bit more?" You get the picture. She'd greet you when you got back in the car. It'd be like having a friend in the car. You could ask her how she's doing. If it's cold out, but the car has been running and the heat has been on, she'd say something like, "It's cold out, but at least I'm warm in here." Using a suite of cameras and analyzing data, she'd recognize that you're stressed or frustrated and suggest taking a break. I don't want a therapist, just unprecedented interaction with your vehicle. Bring your car to life. Maybe even name your system/car. So, if you name your car Sparkles, you can ask Sparkles to roll your window down. You could also change the voice so it's male or female.

A list of proposed CUE system capabilities:
•Short range, encrypted 4G network connection to connect mobile devices to the internet
•A completely revolutionary in-car screen system. No center screen in the middle of the console. A system like in the Ciel concept. Check out the thread if you don't know what I mean.
•Siri-like voice control over just about everything, recognizing everyday speech patterns to execute various tasks (verbal interaction system?)
•Calender system, compatible with syncing dates and appointments from your smartphone to CUE. VIS would read out the day's agenda if there was one if you asked her to
•VIS would live up to its name, i.e. provide verbal interaction
•Bluetooth connectivity as usual
•HUD based GPS
•Mark Reuss sings you lullabies while stuck in traffic?
•More that I haven't thought of?

There'd be apps for Blackberry, Windows Phone, iOS and Android in the vein of Audi's app with additional remote start, unlock, and climate control ability. A laptop/desktop app is pointless, since it wouldn't be as mobile as a smartphone/tablet app. Personally, I have my iPhone with me significantly more often than I do my Macbook Pro... I dunno about you, but I find it more convenient to carry around. The app could possibly be read by the car's network within a few feet so that when you reached for the handle, a sensor would pick it up and the the door would unlock/open slightly for you. It'd also detect when you moved more than a few feet (let's say 15 feet, so that the phone would have enough time to register the network before you reached the door) away from your car and lock it for you.

A list of proposed CUE app capabilities:
•General car info (oil life, gas, battery charge, range, location, VIN, maintenance, etc.)
•Ability to schedule maintenance appointments
•Individual app recognition
•Remote start
•Remote lock/unlock
•Remote climate control (seats/steering wheel included)
•Perimeter ID that'd permit the sensors to unlock and slightly open the door for you when you reached for the handle/lock it when you left the area
•It'd work in place of a smart key, allowing you to turn the car on and drive without the key near you
•Airplay-like features
•Ability to control in-car media system features
•With individual recognition, multiple drivers of the car would be recognized by Siri. She'd greet each specifically. So if Tom and Suzy both have their apps on, Siri would greet them together.
•More that I haven't thought of?

ATS $35,900-$59,000
Engine: 270 HP turbo 1.8L, 330 HP 3.6L, 500 HP LS3, 200 HP/300 TQ diesel 2.3L, 2.5L/Electric Hybrid
The ATS, pretty much as-is. However, a few changes and additions are made. The base 2.5L is dropped, while the V-series is a real killer. CUE is standard, along with a whole host of other goodies such as adaptive cruise, xenon projectors, heated/cooled leather seats, and more. AWD is optional on all models, including the V.
V-Series offers the 500 HP LS3, while massive brakes, MagneticRide Control, reworked steering, aggressively bolstered seats, and a very aggressive design help round out this M3/RS4/AMG 63 killer.
Ace. 500HP would turn it into a ROCKET. It has to have the right performance, though. Too much power can be very bad. AWD should also be standard on all V's.

CTS $41,995-$76,950
Platform: Alpha+
Engine: 330 HP 3.6L, 400 HP turbo 3.6L, 460 HP 4.8L Northstar II, 650 HP 6.3L LXX, 3.6L/electric hybrid
The new-generation CTS offers direct competition for the 5-series/A6/E-class/M crowd with its larger, class-correct size and tremendous amounts of features, power, and style. Slightly biggest than its competitors, the Sigma II has been put on a weight-loss plan to put it in the middle, weight size. Meanwhile, its powerful lineup of engines out-powers its group. Offered in sedan, coupe, and wagon. AWD optional on all models including the V.
V-Series builds off of the huge success and performance of the second-generation CTS-V, and still includes all three body styles - yes, the cult-hit CTS-V Wagon is back! Powered by 650 supercharged American V8 ponies, this car outpaces its competition on the straight line, while tuned on the track allows it to out-handle the best the competition has to offer, including the Euro-only RS6.
It should remain Alpha+ for costs. My dream Cadillac lineup is financially viable. It shouldn't be significantly bigger. Nothing worth mentioning, but at least the same size with the same care taken to weight reduction and distribution as the ATS. It should be one of the lightest in its class if not the lightest. Again, standard AWD on the V.

XTS $45,495-$60,995
Platform: LWB Epsilon II
Engine: 330 HP 3.6L, 400 HP turbo 3.6L, 3.6L/electric hybrid
The XTS, pretty much as-is. It's a FWD, luxury-focused full-size Cadillac sedan. Copious amounts of quality, luxury, and features put this car on the map.
It's a little cheap. A few thousand extra on the base sounds right to me. Also, all Cadillacs should be luxury-focused :). AWD should be standard here, too.

XLR $45,495-$60,995
Platform: Y-Body II
Engine: 460 HP 4.8L Northstar II, 575 HP 5.5L Northstar II
The XLR returns, and returns with a fiery. An edgy, front-engine/rear-drive, long-nose/short-deck take on the modern Arts & Science Cadillac design, this two-seat roadster is a road-burner, its base engine offering more power than the previous generation V-series. Filled with all the modern Cadillac wizardry, such as CUE, heated/cooled/massaging seats, adaptive cruise, the most advanced version of MagneticRide Control, and so forth mixed with an interior unrivaled by the Germans makes this a truly world-class roadster.
The V-series, meanwhile, is powered by a modified version of the 5.5L Northstar II engine is tuned for more performance than in the Ciel. Offering a more aggressive exhaust tone, the car not only destroys dragstrips, but its chassis is ready to take on the corners, the steering offering good feedback and sharp turn-in, and the massive brakes will haul the two-seater to a stop in no time.
Wayyy too cheap. This should be starting at LEAST 90k. Anything less and it'll suffer from the same de-balled ****ty existence that the old XLR did. People can say they should undercut the competition in price, which they should and probably can with a weak dollar, but there's only so much you can undercut before cutting feature content and quality. Anyway, it should come as a ragtop as well as a coupe. It should offer similar performance to the base/4S 911. RWD standard, optional AWD. V option. Maybe drop the XLR designation and make it part of the Omega lineup below?

Ciel $61,495-$121,995
Platform: Omega
Engine: 460 HP 4.8L Northstar II, 550 HP 5.5L Northstar II, 670 HP turbo 5.5L Northstar II, 4.8L/electric hybrid
Pretty much the Ciel concept. Offered in sedan and four-door convertible. Cadillac's S-class killer, this sedan blows its competition out of the water. This massive execu-liner is unmatched in style, luxury, interior materials, comfort, and features. And while there's no official V-series, the turbo 5.5L produces a punch unmatched by any of its competitors. Offered in four and five seater setup. Standard AWD.
Again, far too low on the price. At the very least the sedan should be about 85k if not 90. An $85-185/195k price range sounds good. The flagships also need to be on a standalone platform. It should only be offered as a 4 seater. When I was in 4th grade I could never fit in the middle seat in an S-class, so I don't think any "clients" or anyone else would fit and have a quality experience, either. If you have more than two kids, buy a minivan. Not a full on flagship luxury sedan. It's a statement, not a tool. I don't think most people in the bracket for this car would have more than two, anyway. Use the middle seat to create a more enriching experience for the backseat passengers. The Ciel should also only be a convertible. It's called the Ciel, so it has to live up to the name. If anything, it should be available in 4 and 2 door versions. There should also be two more Omegas, a coupe and sedan that also share similar styling as each other but slightly different than the Ciel, and under a different name. Another possibility is to have the same styling and name on a sedan, coupe, 4 and 2 door convertibles. If it's going to be called Ciel, the sedan and coupe should have full length glass roofs that extend the length of the car and integrate seamlessly with the rear window. Preferably, I'd like multiple Omega models, each with different styling and names. Same lineup and price, though. Sedan, 4-door vert, coupe, 2 door vert... The 4 door sedan should represent the pinnacle of Cadillac styling, as well as industry technology and luxury features.

Cien $230,495-$274,995
Platform: Cheetah
Engine: 650 HP 5.8L Ultra V12
Cien concept, pretty much as-is. It's Cadillac's super car. Featuring a free-revving, passionate, and very powerful 5.8L V12, this car is meant to take on the world's best super cars - however, even with incredible performance, the car still offers plenty of luxury.
The Cien was pretty much a hideous beast, but with a design overhaul it'd probably be a beautiful car. It should also be available as a spyder, like the R8, and utilize a vast amount of carbon fiber. I'm all for a monster, mid-engined Cadillac, but only so long as a 650HP V12 engine right behind you doesn't adversely affect your the luxurious experience of the car. It should be priced more in line with the R8.

ARX $36,900-$49,550
Engine: 270 HP turbo 1.8L, 330 HP 3.6L, 400 HP turbo 3.6L, 2.5L/Electric Hybrid
This rear-drive compact crossover is based on the renowned rear-drive Alpha platform with the X3 in its sights. Focused on luxury and performance, this small crossover offers plenty of style, mounds of luxury, and class-topping interior quality. But the performance cannot be overlooked, with three powerful engines, topped by a twin turbo 3.6L putting out 400 horsepower. While there is no V-series, the BRX Turbo will leave the X3 and most other crossovers in the dust thanks to its relatively low weight. Meanwhile, thanks to a three-setting chassis control with MagneticRide Control, the suspension and steering are game to tango in the twisties.
Not my cup of tea, but sounds good. Platinum option should be available. The 400HP should be in that.

SRX $45,900-$109,450
Platform: Alpha+
Engine: 330 HP 3.6L, 360 HP Turbo 3.0L, 400 HP turbo 3.6L, 575 HP 5.5L Northstar II, 3.0L/Electric Hybrid
In its third generation, the SRX returns once again to a rear-drive setup, atop the Sigma II platform. Targeting the likes of the Porche Cayenne and X5, this midsize crossover offers plenty of luxury, but should you so chose the SRX Sport, it'll offer a large scoop of performance. All the usual Cadillac goodies cover your luxury bases - adjustable chassis control with MagneticRide Control, adaptive cruise, CUE, and so forth. The Sport model, however, tunes everything more towards performance.
V-series sets the tone for performance crossovers, out-muscling even the ragging Cayenne Turbo by 75 horsepower. This car is not quite raw-edged performance, but like every Cadillac V-series, you know you're buying this for performance, not ultimate comfort. Ready to rip apart asphalt and straighten the corners, this vehicle is well-loaded as one would expect for upwards of $110,000, but plenty of money has gone into cutting weight, thus leading to even better performance numbers.
Sounds good. Alpha+ platform, though. With the V, even then should they offer unparalleled comfort. The Cadillac of crossovers sacrifices nothing.

Escalade $76,900-$114,550
Platform: GMT-950
Engine: 500 HP 6.3L, 560 HP 7.0L, 640 HP supercharged 6.3L, 5.7L/Electric Hybrid
The Escalade takes things up several notches with its base 500 horse 6.3L, a masterpiece of an interior, jaw-dropping style, and a mountain of luxury. Aimed as the likes of the Mercedes GL and the Range Rover, this big, brash, luxurious SUV offers no apologies, nor do its owners. Class-leading in power and features, there is a reason this SUV is so expensive, and so sought after.
Platinum version gains the supercharged 6.3L standard, tuned for usage in an SUV instead of the Corvette, while plenty of seemingly out-of-reach features are standard - as they should be with scratching $115,000.
Sounds good, again. Not sure about the platform, though.

Sixteen $660,900-$789,000
Engine: 1300 HP quad-turbo 13.4L V16, 330 HP 3.6L, 2.5L/Electric Hybrid
We all know about this car. Nothing else really needs to be said, besides it'll smash every Rolls, Bentley, and Maybach ever built.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at over 1000HP it should be a loooot more. Look at the Veyron. It should be a smaller engine, though. Way more than 330 in the other engine. At least a 500HP one. It should also offer a Voltec system, only with a lot more power :yup:. I say four electric motors, one per wheel, etc...

I think everything on each of these cars needs to be beautiful. From the engine compartment to the inside of the glovebox. Set a real standard. Nothing can be ignored. It should all be tailored for the finest luxury experience possible.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I am not wild about another Corvette-based XLR. Call me an old geezer (which I am not), but I don't think a car like the Vette translates well into a luxury car worthy of the Cadillac badge: too low of a seating position, high cowl, etc. I think the XLR should be more on par with the SL Mercedes.
I think the very fact that you know a Corvette shouldn't be a Cadillac makes you very un-geezerly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You forgot the ELR.
$35,900-$49,000
Engine:1.4-liter 4-cylinder internal combustion engine, (optional) 217hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder diesel/ non-diesel engine Voltec system
CUE is standard with HUD, along with a whole host of other goodies such as adaptive cruise, xenon projectors, heated/cooled leather seats, and more.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
You forgot the ELR.
$35,900-$49,000
Engine:1.4-liter 4-cylinder internal combustion engine, (optional) 217hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder diesel/ non-diesel engine Voltec system
CUE is standard with HUD, along with a whole host of other goodies such as adaptive cruise, xenon projectors, heated/cooled leather seats, and more.
Isn't ELR on Delta II?

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Small ATS - Sedan, coupe, wagon, convertible

Midsize CTS - Sedan and wagon

Full size Seville or Deville - Size of LS460/7-series/S-class with optional extended wheelbase

Sixteen - Six-figure Bentley-level sedan

Escalade

Eldorado - Four seat no-compromises six-figure luxury convertible like the Ciel
Cien - Audi R8 competitor

Engines:
2.0T
3.6 DI
3.6 TT
Ultra V8
Supercharged Ultra V8
V16

As for the XLR detractors, drive one. It feels like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input all, Alpha+/LWB Alpha is something I completely spaced on. sfbreh, love most of your suggestions, especially on CUE.

And yeah, I did forget the ELR. I'll edit this lineup with some changes, as well as price adjustment.

Jesda - any further detail?

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
ATS- renamed CTS, the entry car for Cadillac, not really changed from the official 2013 car. When the 2.5L eAssist engine is ready I'd like that to replace the base 2.5L. Ditto an 8-speed automatic and 7-speed manual. A coupe would follow later, as would a convertible. A wagon would work for the Euro market if they can penetrate it with diesels and the former three body styles first.
CTS: $30,500 2.5; $33,000 2.0T; $38,000 3.6 (+2K for AWD on the 2.0T & 3.6), $55,000 ATS-V
2.5L I-4, 200 hp/180 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD
2.0T I-4, 270 hp/260 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD, AWD
3.6L V-6, 318 hp/267 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD, AWD
5.5L V-8, ~450 hp/425 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD

CTS- 2014 redesign renamed STS and is the mid-luxury, midsize sedan at Cadillac, battling the likes of the A6/5/E crowd. A hybrid could bow later.
STS: $42,000 2.0T, $45,000 3.6, $55,000 6.2, $75-80,000 ATS-V
2.0T I-4, 270 hp/260 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD, AWD
3.6L V-6, 318 hp/267 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD, AWD
5.5L, ~450 hp/425 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD, AWD
5.5S V-8, 600 hp/575 lb-ft | 6MT, 6AT | RWD

DTS- the fantasty-driven Ultra project at Cadillac, constructed heavily of aluminum as with the XJ and A8.
$70,000: 3.6L eAssist V-6, ~350 horsepower
$80,000: 5.5L eAssist V-8, ~465 horespower
$125,000: 5.5L supercharged V-8, 600 horsepower
$175-200,000: 7.0L twin-turbo eAssist V-16, 750 horsepower

I'll add more later, perhaps.

Sixteen $660,900-$789,000
Engine: 1300 HP quad-turbo 13.4L V16, 330 HP 3.6L, 2.5L/Electric Hybrid
We all know about this car. Nothing else really needs to be said, besides it'll smash every Rolls, Bentley, and Maybach ever built.
A 661K sedan with a "lowly" LFX???

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Amph - Whoops! lol I donno how I got that in there. It'd only have the sixteen cylinder engine. Good catch.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
Maybe there should be two...

Bentley-level car with competitive/superior horsepower

Veyron-killer? Just for attention... It'd be a really low volume car in the 850k price range like mgescuro suggested. Just to break records and get a name out. Personally I've never heard of a Bugatti until the Veyron. I know it was revived specifically for it, but it's all the same. It's an insane car that garnered a lot of attention. It'd also be good for marketing, beating the Bugatti. It's also appease the Sixteen fanboyz. Use the 1300HP engine you suggested. 2 seater coupe. AWD.

They don't need old nameplates. Seville/Deville are dad cars. My dad's had both. They were great, but I would never want a dad car. My dad's also had S-classes. Those aren't dad cars. Eldorado is a tired nameplate. It wouldn't fly as well as a new one. It's not something that means anything to most young people, and quite frankly the name is too clunky. Ciel is a much more beautiful name. It's a new age for Cadillac. Cadillac is finally taking off, why drag it down with old baggage?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sfbreh, as partial as I must admit I am to the DeVille/etc nameplates, I too much say I've come around to that thinking. To note, I'm 26. I can see those names making returns possibly in the future as a nod to the past. But right now? Agreed. Need to go with something that would better fit the younger crowd Cadillac HAS to bring in to succeed and prosper now and into the future. In a few decades, who knows... our kids will probably be saying that about the "CTS" or "Ciel"... lol

·
Registered
43,953 Posts
First and foremost, Cadillac MUST get their flagship out on the roads. They've suffered for far too long without one.

Once Omega is out, then Cadillac needs to flesh out the flagship lineup -- Coupe and potentially a convertible and CUV.

After that point, the Cadillac needs to focus on the Super sedan -- a Flying Spur and possibly Ghost competitor and possible Pullman (depending on where Mercedes decides to align it in their lineup). This can sit on Omega or Omega+. This should be a no-excuses full-sized sedan and full-sized extended sedan.

A supercar? It might sound frivolous, but what luxury brand DOESN'T have one?? Audi has R8. Mercedes has SLS. Lexus has LF-A. Jaguar has C-X75 coming. Porsche has 918 coming. And BMW has i8 coming.

Cadillac needs one without a doubt. A modernized Cien is what is needed -- in the 500-800HP range. The thing is, these supercars are either hybrids or electrics or offer a hybrid/electric version. Cadillac will need at least a performance oriented Voltec to play in this arena. And guess what, this car will probably supplant Corvette as the performance benchmark for GM.

These cars aren't really "nice to haves" at this point. They're a necessity.

As for the names? An argument can be made for and against them. I understand why the letters can be more successful globally. The problem with Cadillac is that they aren't consistent with the letters. And they need numbers. personally, I wouldn't complain if the names made a reappearance in the lineup. And if only 1 name reappeared, my vote is for "Eldorado."

·
Super Moderator
21,407 Posts
Cadillac, if you really want to think about it is really only missing five things.

1.) Flagship
2.) Mid Size SUV
3.) Super Car
4.) Mid Size Car
5.) Electric Car

These are all really easy to rectify, and really the hardest part is making them into coupes, wagons, etc. A super sedan can wait, or it can be spun off into a whole new brand. It's not as important as a S Klasse fighter for Cadillac. That will be the defining vehicle in the lineup. The XTS and especially the ATS has given me confidence that Cadillac can do it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts