GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick question I'd like to get your opinion on. When would be the best time for me to by a my new Colorado, or Equinox? Obivously you don't want to buy them right when they come out because they have no incentives on them at that time. But would August or September be a good time to by? I talked to a friend from CA last week who got his 2003 Ram for $19k because they had 04's on the lot. When can I get the best deal?

Thoughts?
Ryan

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
The Colorados have been out for some time - dealers are always eager to get old inventory off of their lots.

If it was me I'd get a crew cab Colorado. Get a matching painted camper top later and you've got a "Blazer" of sorts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the Colorado's, especially the crew cabs! Get me one with 4 doors and the I5 and I think I'd be set.

Ryan

·
Registered
56 Posts
The best incentives usually start about now and run into September to sell current model year. The ringer here is you are already buying a vehicle that's one model year old. So most of your savings disappear at trade in unless you keep it a long time. I just realized I don't know what model year they're calling those two trucks, if they're '05's, incentives will continue, buy when you're happy you're getting a good deal. Bear in mind, incentives usually drive down trade in values and the value of your trade is almost literally going down as you read this. Waiting and waiting for the "best incentive" may not be that profitable. Buy when you're happy, then don"t worry about it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bladon,
Very excellent points, thank you for your post. I truely hadn't thought about it from a resale value point of view. I believe the Colorados are '04s and the Equinox are '05s.

Ryan

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Equinox - definitely --- I hate the Colorado (don't know why...)!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing I don't like about the Colorado, it LOOKS bigger than it acutally is. In all the press, and ads they always seem to take pictures from the ground pointing up at the truck. Which plays a trick on the eye I think. When I when and saw one in person I was surprised how small it was. But it's still bigger than the S10 and I'm leaning towards it at this point...

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@May 6 2004, 04:09 PM
The only thing I don't like about the Colorado, it LOOKS bigger than it acutally is. In all the press, and ads they always seem to take pictures from the ground pointing up at the truck. Which plays a trick on the eye I think. When I when and saw one in person I was surprised how small it was. But it's still bigger than the S10 and I'm leaning towards it at this point...
Same here, I couldnt believe how small it was!! I was expecting Dakota.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have parked my S10 next to them before.
The dimensions are not really different, but
the design make it look so much bigger. It
looks like a full-size next to my S10. Weird.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by giagastormer+May 6 2004, 03:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (giagastormer @ May 6 2004, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rme8494@May 6 2004, 04:09 PM
The only thing I don't like about the Colorado, it LOOKS bigger than it acutally is.  In all the press, and ads they always seem to take pictures from the ground pointing up at the truck.  Which plays a trick on the eye I think.  When I when and saw one in person I was surprised how small it was.  But it's still bigger than the S10 and I'm leaning towards it at this point...
Same here, I couldnt believe how small it was!! I was expecting Dakota. [/b][/quote]
Same here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts