GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to abandon my former thread and start a new one and put only the bigger drawings I am doing now to here. I will keep adding to this post, until the max number of pics allowed gets posted here, in which case, I will add a reply. How many is the max number of pics allowed per post btw?

These are my new ones, though they are bigger, they still have some perspective problems among other problem here and there, but I think these came out a bit better than the smaller drawings I've done so far.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Better.

Pretty much all of your cars seem to have that wheelbase that makes the rear door end and the rear fender begin far before the rear wheels start. But on pretty much all cars except vans, full-size SUVs and crossovers, and long wheelbase fullsize luxury cars, the rear wheels cut into the space where the rear door would go, causing the rear door to be curved around the wheel well.

Now that you're trying to draw bigger, you're really just adding a trunk, in addition to stretching the wheelbase of the car, worsening the above mentioned effect. I'd guess your wheels are all still the same, size right? Front end still the same size as in the other drawings?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah those are huge B-pillars. That's kind of undesirable in car design lately.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some of my new ones. I actually studied the proportion while drawing these. ('10 Mercedes in the recent magazine was the guideline I used). Still have lots of problems here and there I think, but I hope you like these better.

I tried to draw everything bigger(not just extend the wheelbase, as some of you pointed out) in more detail, and tried to give different grills for them to make them not look the same and boring, though I am not sure If I succeeded in that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts