GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
20,210 Posts
I don't recall seeing any TV ads at all. I think they have the actual car "right" this time and pricing is spot on. Do you remember seeing any tv ads for the CT4 or even the CT5? If these cars fail it will be the fault of GM's marketing arm.
Zero Zero Zero ads
I'm going to keep my eyes open, I do tend to tune out ads...
I just another Hummer Ad, does that count!? :fall:

I kid, I kid; I won't go mucking up your CT4-V thread, the car looks great!

:drive:

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
There was a deluge of combined CT4 & CT5 ads on the business channels pre-Covid, but I haven't seen one in months since.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Interesting, I wonder if they pulled back on advertising to conserve cash.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Can’t believe I am seeing this just now.

Beautiful car, great review. I love the Sangria! It looks more luxurious than the ATS. The design manages to take on an air of sophistication that is unmatched in the segment, I love the much more upright look to the front fascia compared to the ATS.

Great choice!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if they pulled back on advertising to conserve cash.
Probably. But it looks like they have also shifted their advertising to online videos where they can better target people they think would be interested.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Can’t believe I am seeing this just now.

Beautiful car, great review. I love the Sangria! It looks more luxurious than the ATS. The design manages to take on an air of sophistication that is unmatched in the segment, I love the much more upright look to the front fascia compared to the ATS.

Great choice!
I was wondering what happened to you :D

Thanks, yes, definitely more luxurious than the ATS, I'm having a hard time putting into words the different feel of how they drive, even though this, being a V is much more sport oriented, it somehow feels more isolated and coddling as far as driving dynamics than my ATS did. I think the ATS's steering and chassis were to communicative - a good thing if you are love driving, but not necessarily a luxurious feeling. I think GM really nailed it with the CT4, both the regular versions and with this V. Even more so that they made the regular versions softer as I suspect that's what more people want and why BMW went that route.

And I think the looks of this is really appealing, very aggressive. I do think my ATS looked more elegant with sexier lines, but the CT4 styling is much more attention getting.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Probably. But it looks like they have also shifted their advertising to online videos where they can better target people they think would be interested.
I've definitely seen online ads, I guess I have to get out of 20 years ago and realize that tv is no longer the primary advertising medium :D

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The back end doesn't photograph well, in 2D photos it is hard to capture the curve in it. I tried to take angles where that curve is visible in pictures. I find the back end to be my favorite side, though the front from straight on is really cool too! That's my message to those not liking the back end - take that trip to the dealer to see it in real life. And same with the engine - give it a test drive, it's a blast with all that torque.
Then the internet automotive experts will need to find something else to complain about!

Did you have the 2.0T or the 3.6 in your ATS? If the 2.0T, how do you think it compares to the 2.7T?

Edit: Never mind. I see you addressed that earlier.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

You?

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Then the internet automotive experts will need to find something else to complain about!

Did you have the 2.0T or the 3.6 in your ATS? If the 2.0T, how do you think it compares to the 2.7T?

Edit: Never mind. I see you addressed that earlier.
hahaha! yes, a reminder to myself to not have an overly strong opinion of something without experiencing it in real life.

I did have the original 2.0T - I think in '15 they upped the torque about 15 foot lbs.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
In the flesh! I was facetiming a friend who wanted to check out my car. The missus took a picture of me, she was inside the house. And I don't look like an owl :D :D :D

Actually, if interested, the owl is a picture I took at an annual birds of prey event. Was really cool, the owner let me give the owl a couple of gentle pets.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Totally disappointed you are not an owl. But I guess the missus is very relieved to know that.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Did you purchase your car at Loehmann-Blasius? I see they have a red and blue CT4-V listed at $48,432 on cars.com which is the best advertised offer in the northeast.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,355 Posts
Nice! Fun to have a car that for once in my life that half the review isn't spent complaining about shortcomings!
The fun to drive nature of CT4-V, especially its amazing chassis tuning, makes it easy to overlook the car's shortcomings. Every review I've read of CT4-V - both from professional reviewers as well as your own personal review BlackGTP - suggests that the car has plenty of road racer attitude that driving enthusiasts will appreciate.
:drive:

61 - 80 of 104 Posts