GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I knew Evergreen came with Sangria as an option but it turns out Shadow and Satin Steel do as well. Congratulations and here's to many safe miles! How many reasons so far have you found to justify taking it out for drives?

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Congratulations!

Here's a couple of guys really having fun with their CT4-V test drive. Nothing really new, but they way they enjoy the torque starting at about 8:15 is hilarious.

Those two cracked me up! Loved them getting slammed back into their seats at 9:40! I'm going to have to see more of their reviews.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You're quite welcome and AWESOME!....I'm a bit jelly over here,but love it when people get the car they want!. It's like bringing home a new baby,but with less poop and screaming. ;)
Hahahaa! Hopefully no poop and screaming in my car! If you find yourself in CT, look me up and I'll let you take her out for a spin!

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the heads-up. I knew Evergreen came with Sangria as an option but it turns out Shadow and Satin Steel do as well. Congratulations and here's to many safe miles! How many reasons so far have you found to justify taking it out for drives?
So far I've been lucky I've needed to go out every day. Though today I just drove up and down the street - my father-in-law wanted a face-time look at my car during lunch (I'm working from home), so I had to back it out of the garage. I decided to it was "easier" to turn around in the cul-de-sac vs. just pulling back into the garage.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Oh, crap - no, I didn't even realize I typed CTS-V. Not sure I can fix the title :D
CTS-V!? WTHeck :think:

You can fix it, go to the first post, edit then "Go Advanced" and you can change it from there.

(If you notice I just fixed mine)

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yes! And throw in my $4,500 GM card cash plus another $200 from my Cadillac loyalty program - really took a bite out of the price of the car!

I was concerned about the black (actually dark satin - more of a dark grey), I'm loving them more and more!
One of the best parts of the dark satin is it does not show brake dust like chrome. Brembo's shed.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
One of the best parts of the dark satin is it does not show brake dust like chrome. Brembo's shed.
Mine also has the performance liners, which I believe I saw somewhere that they create even more dust.... Though my car gets washed at least weekly, so brake dust wont be an issue!

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
CTS-V!? WTHeck :think:

You can fix it, go to the first post, edit then "Go Advanced" and you can change it from there.

(If you notice I just fixed mine)
Ha! Yes, don't know where that came from. FenwickHockey65 fixed my error, but now I know going forward! Same as my slip the other week when I wrote "Hyundai Genesis" - I think one thing and type something else (which is why at work I like to let things sit a day before sending - stuff like this is more obvious to me when I give it a day).

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Nice. Congratulations!

·
Registered
20,211 Posts

And, last but not least, it passed the car wash test. The owner and a customer both gave it the thumbs up!

And a last goodbye to my 2013 ATS, still looked good at 109,000 miles:

A nice upgrade!

So now that the ink is dry, how much did you pay OTD, for both your: 2013 ATS and 2020 CT4-V?

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
A nice upgrade!

So now that the ink is dry, how much did you pay OTD, for both your: 2013 ATS and 2020 CT4-V?
CT4-V - The total cost with taxes, registration, etc. was $58,673. Discount was $(6,968), GM Card $(4,267), Cadillac Points $(100) and trade in $(8,000). So that gives me an out of pocket of $39,388. Then I have another $8k in other credit card reward $$ that I've been building up for years and will cash them in to offset the car purchase as well. So when all is said and done, about $31k out of my pocket.

ATS - Total cost $44,469. Discount of $(5,000), supplier pricing $(3,493), GM card $(3,058), Malibu trade in $(7,500) - out of pocket was $25,418. I tried to get supplier pricing with the $7k discount on my CT4, but they wouldn't let me do both, was worth a shot.

Yes, definitely a nice upgrade! Though I really did love my ATS - very enjoyable drivers car. As I said above, the ATS gave more feedback to the driver, a little more visceral - not sure how to describe it. Where the CT4-V, while having a lot more performance feels more luxurious as far as the driving experience (not talking about the greater level of equipment, I'm talking about steering feel and how the chassis communicates). Probably part of why the ATS failed - to driver oriented at the sake of luxury.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I dig the interior color so nice to see something other than tan or all black. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I'm jealous! Congrats on the new ride! When the new Turbo motor came out in the truck, my first hope was that they would put this in the Camaro and hopefully other cars as well. With all that useable torque she must be a blast out of the hole!

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm jealous! Congrats on the new ride! When the new Turbo motor came out in the truck, my first hope was that they would put this in the Camaro and hopefully other cars as well. With all that useable torque she must be a blast out of the hole!
Yes, this engine is all about torque! The car mags might complain about a low max rpm and it tapering off at the top - this engine isn't about that. If a high winding engine is what you want, this isn't it. Unlike the car mags, I don't think that makes this a bad engine, it's just different - very American. Since 99.5% of my driving is in the lower rpm ranges, I like this approach. Very American like the big V8's Cadillac used to use - they were all about low end torque, not a single one screamed to 8,000 rmp's.

Though it will never happen, it would be nice if they offered two engines in this range - this engine plus one that is all about high rpm's - give people a choice. Certainly the V Blackwing will be that screamer - but that is more car than I will buy.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I dig the interior color so nice to see something other than tan or all black. Congrats!
Thanks! It is unique! I can't think of any other make that offers dark red like this (though I haven't really looked). I had the dark red on my ATS too, though it was a little brighter red than this.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Congratulations, your new car is gorgeous!!!

I usually do not like dark colored wheels, but the "Satin" finish on these look great!

Most black/dark colored wheels look like someone stole your hubcaps, but not this one! (Yeah, I'm dating myself with that one)

I recently sat in one of these with the Sangria interior and loved the color in person. The color combo of Black with the Sangria interior, Satin wheels and red calipers really looks great. :dro:

Best wishes on many happy miles to come! :)

21 - 40 of 104 Posts