1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just introducing myself and my new ride
it's an 08 Chevy Malibu LS with the V6 option
Coco on Cashmere interior.

I'm happy as could be...thought I'd share.
The Sirius is in already and more on the way
The HID Kit is in the kitchen staring at me - install is this week whatever day is best weather wise and tint will be in a week or so.

I have pix - but I cant post em up yet for some reason

Get up soon though

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! I hope the car does really well for you and your family. Welcome to GMi too!! Can't wait to see those pics.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
im new here - but no noob to forums...whats the rule here for postin pix - gotta have so many posts first??

thanks and thanks lol
No rules that I'm aware of as far as when you can post pics, but you must show your car in all of it's naked glory inside and out:D. I've seen many more new bu's in the wild as of late. They look so much more substantial than their predecessor. Oh and ugh.....welcome to GMI.:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have several pix...but I get this on each upload - Upload of file failed.

They are all on My Cardomain now anyway if anyone wants to see em

This is the interior I have

and this is the grill I am debating over

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
I, too, thought the LS trim was 4-cylinder-only, and it looks like the mirror caps are body color (maybe it's just the lighting), which isn't something the LS has. Is this a "spring special" sort of car?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
not aware of a v6 option either for the LS. the wheels look like the 1LT standard wheels. good lookin car though. congrats!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it is the LS trim.. with the 3.5 v6
It has to be special ordered as I said.

It's not something you will just come across at the dealership....later on I will pop the hood and take a pic for everyone

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
As did I. 2LT is the first model you can get with teh V6. That is unless you got the 3.5?

Ahh...didnt respond fast enough. 3.5 is a fleet only option hrmmm

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
I still can't believe they're putting the 3.5L in there.

Why did you choose that option, and how'd you get it ordered? Did you have to go through fleet? How much did that option cost?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
They are only putting it in for fleet use, and as we found out, thats how he orderd it. IMO, the 3.5 is a heck of an engine. I enjoyed it in my Maxx, and Its pleny of power for every day for those that dont want a 4cyl.
But between a 2.4/6spd auto vs a 3.5/4spd auto...I think Id take the 2.4/6

Welcome to GMI fellow and welcome another Jersey member! Beautiful car either way!! One thing GM did right is that the car looks good in any trim level, not just in LTZ. Problem in the past is that a base model had cheap plastic parts that destroys the look of the car. This car looks good at all angles.
Congrats again!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts