GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,957 Posts
I just got this car, needs some work but its primarily going to be used to teach the kids how to row.

View attachment 63475
View attachment 63476
View attachment 63477

Its a 1991 Celica , Single owner in relatively solid state.

I will definitely put the OZ TTE wheels on it on a minimum, and perhaps a used TRD supercharger kit
Good for you, and the kids. The fist half dozen vehicles I owned were all sticks. I still think it ought to be part of the driver's ed. curriculum too, this learning how to drive them :).

·
Registered
779 Posts
At least your kids will look cool driving into the High School parking lot. If it has the Fujitsu Ten OEM soundsystem, the better.

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
At least your kids will look cool driving into the High School parking lot. If it has the Fujitsu Ten OEM soundsystem, the better.
I will be putting back the original souNd system and an amp plus new speakers

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
A good choice Mbuk. Should be able to absorb the punishment it will receive lol. I still like those 90's Celicas and MR2s, they stood the test of time.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You should have no problem selling it, how much you want for it?
I wanted 15000 EUR but I do have problems selling it and I reduced it to 11000 EUR - amount I invested in it.
It's hard to sell any 'toy' during pandemic, lots of people save more than they used to. Also so-called enthusiasts are stupid - I often hear they would rather have a 98-02 WS6 fo this price. But the truth is the last time I saw a facelifted WS6 for this price was 3 years ago and it was a piece of junk. Those cars already cost in Germany (so without so-called Polish excise 18.6% tax) 20+ thousand in fair condition and automatic tranny, rare manual-equipped cars cost even more.

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
449 Posts
coming back to Celica, I am also very nostalgic about it. We used to have an European rally champion back in the 90's who drove it. All the kids who were petrolheads wanted to be like him.

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
coming back to Celica, I am also very nostalgic about it. We used to have an European rally champion back in the 90's who drove it. All the kids who were petrolheads wanted to be like him.

Growing up in Kenya, I grew up with Safari Rally, man oh man.. I had died and gone to petrol heaven...

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cool! Good luck modifying this classic beaute and teaching your kids how to drive.
I think I will keep it simple, Get it clean inside, work on the interior and make it clean, Everything I look at from wheels to turbo kits, superchargers, etc. are more expensive than what I paid for the car. So, Its painful to spend. I think I will try keep it bone stock.

I am looking at a factory radio, perhaps add a sub woofer and throw in Bluetooth to stream, and, those White OZ intergrale wheels , those are really tempting, but all in its over $4000.00, for a car I paid less that $300.00 for, so the option is to go used on everything. Get a Buick Supercharger attached with an intercooler, try and see if I could get used WRC rally wheels for cheap, etc

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
^^^Wow, your initial euphoria dissipated quickly which is typical once fiscal reality sets in. ENJOY!!

This is my $750 late winter project truck:

I currently have about $1200 total into it and it's now roadworthy once again. And...it's a stick!!

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
^^^Wow, your initial euphoria dissipated quickly which is typical once fiscal reality sets in. ENJOY!!

This is my $750 late winter project truck:
View attachment 63489

I currently have about $1200 total into it and it's now roadworthy once again. And...it's a stick!!
This is sweet! is it manual? You can sell it to me and we will be both happy :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
This is sweet! is it manual? You can sell it to me and we will be both happy :)
Yup. 2000 Silvy RCSB 4.3 V6, 5spd manual, 4x4 with 214k miles. Still runs well, no smoke but a bit crusty.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts