GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I taught my daughter to drive stick in this cute little '98 S10 4.3 5 speed quite a few years ago. Insurance was cheap. She did OK but much preferred driving our 2014 Volt. She took over the cheap Volt lease payments(then leased her own 2017) and I still own the S10 with 188k miles.

·
Premium Member
33,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I taught my daughter to drive stick in this cute little '98 S10 4.3 5 speed quite a few years ago. Insurance was cheap. She did OK but much preferred driving our 2014 Volt. She took over the cheap Volt lease payments(then leased her own 2017) and I still own the S10 with 188k miles.

Its very important to pass on tribal knowledge to the next generation. She may prefer the Volt now but that green ’uncool' truck will always have a special place in her heart

·
Premium Member
33,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, looking at prices for those superchargers and the likes and perhaps I should ask Carid to sponsor a video for the install.
Lots of parts and pipes, etc.. and quality is expensive.. then with that much power.. better engine internals, perhaps an AWD system to put the power down, this can get out of control fast...

·
Premium Member
33,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Though, bare minimum, the vehicle is getting oz wheels, and perhaps the factory radio system plus Bluetooth.. I might re Upholster, with quilting of course

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can't support any Toyota purchase. You must not like your kids. ;)
My bird is for sale. I am a little far away on the other side of the pond but everything is doable these days. GM checked, manual checked. ;)

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I learned to drive a stick on a 1989 Merkur XR4Ti in radiant red, I would do almost anything to have it back.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I learned to drive a stick on a 1989 Merkur XR4Ti in radiant red, I would do almost anything to have it back.
I learned how to drive stick in a 1975 Cosworth Vega which my Dad purchased new, #1410 of 1500. It too is long gone.

·
Registered
17,294 Posts
I learned on my Dad's 1975 Chevy Monza with a 4-speed stick and base 4 cylinder engine putting out a whopping 68 horsepower. Talk about nail-biting car to learn on - barely had enough power to get going when I had to stop on a hill, I remembered a few times I had to let dad drive when someone stops on the hill close behind me!

·
Premium Member
33,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I learned on my Dad's 1975 Chevy Monza with a 4-speed stick and base 4 cylinder engine putting out a whopping 68 horsepower. Talk about nail-biting car to learn on - barely had enough power to get going when I had to stop on a hill, I remembered a few times I had to let dad drive when someone stops on the hill close behind me!
68 horses, I bet you some had escaped by the time you were learning. This Celica has over 240K miles, The barn is probably empty

·
Registered
17,294 Posts
68 horses, I bet you some had escaped by the time you were learning. This Celica has over 240K miles, The barn is probably empty
Very possible! Though it was 10 years old, it was relatively low miles, I think around 60,000. But it had so few to spare - could barely make it up hills, especially if I had my friends in it!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts