GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT My Ideal Lineup 2.0 THREAD

I started a series of "My Ideal Lineup" threads, starting with Chevy, and carrying on through other GM or GM partnered brands.

I'd like to get input from people on what they think of these, and I will update them accordingly (some parts of the lineup I may not change, but other parts I'm willing to work on...)

**Note: ADDED 1/12/06 Scroll below the My and Your Ideal Lineup links and view the engines and platforms!

These lineups will continually be updated, and more lineups will be added, so check back periodicly!

*EDIT* I've added designs that I'm drawing to this thread. My list of drawings will continue to grow, and I'll update accordingly.

Lineups: - My lineups I made...
My Ideal Chevy Lineup GM
My Ideal Pontiac Lineup GM
My Ideal Cadillac Lineup GM
My Ideal Saturn Lineup GM
My Ideal Buick Lineup GM
My Ideal Saab Lineup GM
My Ideal Suzuki Lineup GM
My Ideal GMC Lineup GM
My Ideal Hummer Lineup GM
My Ideal Daewoo Lineup GM
Your Ideal Ford Lineup FMC
My Ideal Mercury Lineup FMC
My Ideal Mazda Lineup FMC
My Ideal Lincoln Lineup FMC
My Ideal Volvo Lineup FMC
My Ideal Dodge Lineup Chrysler
My Ideal Chrylser Lineup Chrysler
My Ideal Jaguar Lineup TTG
My Ideal Lamborghini Lineup
My Ideal International Lineup
My Ideal Audi Lineup
My Ideal Honda Lineup
My Ideal Acura Lineup
My Ideal VW Lineup
My Ideal Ferrari Lineup
--------------------------------------------
Your Ideal Lineup threads: - Threads I've made for other people to post their ideal lineup in
Your Ideal Chevy Lineup GM
Your Ideal Suzuki Lineup GM
Your Ideal Hummer Lineup GM
Your Ideal Pontiac Lineup GM
Your Ideal Cadillac Lineup GM
Your Ideal Buick Lineup GM
Your Ideal Daewoo Lineup GM
Your Ideal Ford Lineup FMC
Your Ideal Mercury Lineup FMC
Your Ideal Mazda Lineup FMC
Your Ideal Lincoln Lineup FMC
Your Ideal Volvo Lineup FMC
Your Ideal Dodge Lineup Chrysler
Your Ideal Chrylser Lineup Chrysler
Your Ideal Jaguar Lineup TTG
Your Ideal International Lineup
Your Ideal Lamborghini Lineup
Your Ideal Audi Lineup
Your Ideal Honda Lineup
Your Ideal Acura Lineup
Your Ideal VW Lineup
Your Ideal Ferrari Lineup
Ideal Lineup's Created By Other GMI'ers
Your Ideal Oldsmobile Lineup - IAMCANADIAN
My Ideal Engine and Platform Lineup: - Combination of My Ideal Lineup threads listed above...
For General Motors vehicles sold in America and Caddy Global:

Engines Employed:

Diesel's:
DI Duramax Turbo 8100's:
DI Mighytec Turbo 1600's:

16 Cylinder's: (Caddy Exclusive)
Ultra16's:

12 Cylinder's: (Caddy Exclusive)
Ultra V12's:

V10's:
Ultra V10's: (Caddy Exclusive)

V8's:
Ultra V8's: (Caddy Exclusive)
Wildcat 402's: (Buick Exclusive)
LS3's:
LS7's:
LS9's:
5.7's:

V6's:
DI DOHC 3.0's::
DI DOHC 3.6's::
DI Supercharged DOHC 3.6's::

I4's:
DI Ecotec 1.4's:
DI Turbo Ecotec 1.4's:
DI Ecotec 1.8's:
DI Turbo Ecotec 2.0's:
DI Ecotec 2.4's:

Platforms Employed:

Kappa's: (compact RWD)
Alpha's: (compact-midsize RWD/AWD)
Delta II's: (compact FWD/AWD)
Epsilon II's: (midsize FWD/AWD)
Zeta II's: (midsize-large RWD/AWD)
Ultras': (Caddy Exclusive)
GMT900's: (RWD/4WD truck)
GMT350's: (RWD/4WD truck)
Theta II's: (small-midsize crossover)
Lambda II's: (midsize-large crossover)

Don't go and rant at me if you don't like it... just make suggestions or make your own lineup(s)... :)

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: My Ideal Lineup

All of my lineups have been updated recently, most of them today.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Updated! I've added a list of my designs that'll continually grow over time...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts

hehe - pretty cool thread American Revolution - you should be a GMI staff member with all the work you put into it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

gmsickofan said:
hehe - pretty cool thread American Revolution - you should be a GMI staff member with all the work you put into it.
:D lol thx

Glad ya like the work! :cool:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

GMC Lineup has been added...

·
Registered
633 Posts

My comments are on the drawing only.

Your line quality need a lot of work, the lines should be free and loose. Draw from your shoulder not your wrist.

The wheelbase should be 3 wheels at least for any car, use this rule a minimum.

You need more tumblehome in the greenhouse of most all the cars.

I would suggest on a lot of practice in side views. Draw your wheels first, make them 3 wheels widths apart. Then start laying down loose, lines drawing with you shoulder and drawing through with nice continuous lines.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

geronimo66, thanks for the tips on the drawings... :)

Do you have any constructive criticism on my lineups?

Also, just added: My Ideal Hummer Lineup; Your Ideal Mazda Lineup

·
Registered
633 Posts

IMO GM need much less in its line up than it has. GM is hurting bad, best would be to focus rather than be diverse.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

geronimo66 said:
IMO GM need much less in its line up than it has. GM is hurting bad, best would be to focus rather than be diverse.
True. I just sometimes get a little overexcited and get so many ideas.. plus, there's so many great old names to bring back! lol

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Audi and Lamborghini have been added!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Also added are Honda and Acura... from www.Honda-Acura.net Check out their replies...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

Don't mean to rant but...

My goal is to have GM come up with innovative pieces of technology that will put them ahead. My goal is to have GM build hybrid engines for all their SUVS to improve fuel economy. It is the only way we can slow down global warming.
This is what I wrote for my ideal Chevy lineup. And, I'm standing by it because the ideal lineups for Chevy and other automakers have all been about *performance*. That's not what it's all about though. Success for GM is innovation, technology, efficiency, and strategy. With new technological advances, GM can be successful and perform better in tests. Who said that a truck and SUV can't have 30 mpg? Who said that a 400 horsepower V-8 engine can't be a hybrid? Who said GM can stride for innovational and technological advancements instead of just worrying about performance?

Why hasn't GM revolutionized safety? Side-curtain airbags are important, but what about rollovers? What about HEAD CURTAIN AIR BAGS (a push made by Hyundai), a big safety innovation? Why hasn't GM revolutionized GPS and Driver Safety when pushing buttons? GM needs a revolution to win out. I'm disappointed with you and I'm saying this not as a rant but for you to think better. Is cars all about how much RPM? HP? I'm not saying these things aren't great, but what's more important when driving a car....safety, perhaps? GM has never perfectly succeeded...NO car automaker has devoted themselves to safety (Volvo is a bare exception)...why can't GM?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Bump! Please check out the engine and platform work I had done!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone wanna comment on my lineup of engines and platforms?

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
I'll always want to :D AFAIAC, this is far tooo much for a today's car company. As I see that there are only two locomotive-type diesels here, I understand this is to be an American-only lineup. With 20-something engines, it would be hard for GM to realize any cost savings they currently need. Moreover, most of these engines are probably of little use to any other GM's region.

As concerns super-ultra-what-not multi-cylinder engines, I would be very cautious about building them when the future of petroleum-based internal-combustion engine's future is still in flux. I'd rather focus on replacing historical monuments in some cars (3800 anyone?) with modern engines.

EDIT: OMG, you drive an Accord :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bravada said:
I'll always want to :D AFAIAC, this is far tooo much for a today's car company. As I see that there are only two locomotive-type diesels here, I understand this is to be an American-only lineup. With 20-something engines, it would be hard for GM to realize any cost savings they currently need. Moreover, most of these engines are probably of little use to any other GM's region.

As concerns super-ultra-what-not multi-cylinder engines, I would be very cautious about building them when the future of petroleum-based internal-combustion engine's future is still in flux. I'd rather focus on replacing historical monuments in some cars (3800 anyone?) with modern engines.

EDIT: OMG, you drive an Accord :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:
Thanks for the input, I'll be lookin at how to simplify that... I was actually considering using some of those engines outside the US as well, tuned for foreign regulations...

And, haha, yip, I drive an Accord. Shocker, huh? :p

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
OK, looking forward to it. Still, I would think that it would be very hard to turn a pushrod OHV V6 or V8 into something appealing in Europe - as long as the oil prices will stay so high (remember that they're so high in Europe not only due to increased demand for oil worldwide, but also excise taxes). Besides, European drivers are quite accustomed to the way DOHC engines perform, so I believe they might not embrace those engines.

I've just read my previous post again and I realized one of the sentences has little to do with syntax or grammar. Not going to correct it, as you already quoted me, but sorry for that.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bravada said:
OK, looking forward to it. Still, I would think that it would be very hard to turn a pushrod OHV V6 or V8 into something appealing in Europe - as long as the oil prices will stay so high (remember that they're so high in Europe not only due to increased demand for oil worldwide, but also excise taxes). Besides, European drivers are quite accustomed to the way DOHC engines perform, so I believe they might not embrace those engines.

I've just read my previous post again and I realized one of the sentences has little to do with syntax or grammar. Not going to correct it, as you already quoted me, but sorry for that.
haha, no worries.

And yes, that's true... perception is always key... and unfortunately, perception tends to work AGAINST GM these days...

However, Northstar=DOHC, does it not? And as you can see, I've got both pushrod and DOHC V6's as well... thus we could use those DOHC engines in Europe and Asia, and use pushrod and DOHC engines in the America's... wouldn't that work?

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
OK, but what for would GM keep DOHC and OHV engines at the same time - it would be cheaper and more flexible in the long run only to keep the DOHC. Then you could export vehicles between markets (specifically - from US to Europe and other countries).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts