1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Standard of the World
2010 Lineup

A few of the many highlight goodies offered:
•Ultra8, Ultra10, and Ultra12 engines are a new engine exclusive to Cadillac. Quick-revving, high RPM, smooth and refined, fuel-efficient, and powerful with an astoundingly great sound.
•All Cadillacs recieve Direct Injection.
•Transmissions are 8-speed dual-clutch manumatics that shift within one 800ths of a second from a tap of the paddle shifters as well as being able to shift using the shifter in manumatic mode, or 7-speed manuals. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•All engines (LS-series aside) used in Cadillacs are DOHC (Dual Overhead Cam) design with AVVTDL (Advanced Variable Valve Timing, Duration, and Lift) technology on both intake and exhaust.
•CPIS - Cadillac Personal Identification System. You can speak into the key fob your seat position. It will identify by your voice and will adjust your seating presets, including the temperature of the seat. ON VIP, Sixty Special, LaSalle, Fleetwood, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•CIC - Cadillac Infotainment Center. Voice-activated. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CCAS System - Cadillac Complete Adjust Suspension. Instead of having 3 buttons (Comfort, Middle, Sport) as the competition does, this system takes it even further. On the CIC screen, you can adjust the suspension to be firmer or softer along a bar. You may also set it to what is called the "Perfect" setting, which will keep the car completely level while going around corners and bumps alike. Suspension adjusted to the changing road conditions every 800ths of a second. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CPES - Cadillac Personal Entertainment System. Each rearseat gets its own screen (for DVD's and navigation to see where they are) as well as radio/CD player that also has 8 400 GB harddrivers (can install upto 16 more) for MP3, etc that can be setup for accounts for different people. Also, each radio/CD/screen gets its own Bose noice-reducing headphones. CPES is set up so that if any one of the seats - front or back - are not tuned to the same station or same DVD, the minority would be required to use their headphones. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CPCS - Cadillac Personal Climate System. Each person is able to have their own climate, adjusting the temp to what they want on them. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated/Cooled, massaging, and adjustable seats/headrest. Can be set to certain temp, and depending on surface temp on the seats, it'll warm up or cool off to the perfect temp. Also, small round pieces inside the seat roughly an inch and a half in diameter fill the seat, and each one has the ability to heat up or cool off so that the entire seat is the perfect temp, not just a certain spot. You can also adjust the firmness of the seats as well as where to add or subtract support at. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Rear adjustable seats. In the rear, you can have the seats lean back, raise, lower, and if the vehicle is equipped with the footrest, kick back with your legs in the air. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CVDS - Cadillac Virtual Driver System. The computer is able to recognize speedlimits, and should the system be turned on, it would drive the speedlimit posted. It also will come to a complete stop should it recognize a red or yellow light, or a stop sign. It also uses laser technology to travel at a certain distance from the car infront of it. Should the car speed up, it will speed it - until it reaches the speedlimit. Should it slow, or come to a stop, the Cadillac will do so as well. It also recognizes the lines on a road, and thus, using that knowledge, will steer its self. NOTE: This is NOT to completely replace driver! Rather, a more advanced cruise control. ON Sixty Special, El Dorado, LaSalle, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•CSS - Cadillac Stability System. Cadillac's version of StabiliTrak. Settings are 'Safe', 'Spirited', 'Track', and 'Off'. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Eighteen speakers upgradable to twenty six on four+ seaters. Ten speakers upgradable to eighteen speakers on two seaters. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Dual-Beam HID Projectors. Two low-beam projectors per headlight (four total). The bottom of the two (stacked-style like current headlights) swivals during turning. Upon activating highbeams, a third HID (not-projector) light below the two projectors comes on. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated and cooled steering wheel and armrests. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated mirrors, lights, and windows. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Ambient lighting throughout cabin. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated, cooled and massaging footrests. ON Sixty Special, LaSalle, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•WiFi enabled. ON VIP, Sixty Special, LaSalle, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•Autodimming mirrors will cut down on the glare from reflections, lights, and the sun. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Autodimming windows target areas of extreme brightness, be it from reflections, the sun, lights, or anything else. ON VIP, Sixty Special, LaSalle, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•Autotint windows allow you to adjust the window tinting to whatever percentage you want it to be, whenever you please. ON Sixteen ONLY.
•Carry out a deal with an outside tuner company such as Mallet or Lingenfelter.
Much more!

CADILLAC LINEUP:

GTS/GTC/GTH - MARKET: Europe, Asia
PRICE: $24,000-$33,000 USD
The GTS/GTC/GTH is an entry-level luxury car. Taking aim at BMW's 1-series and the Audi A3, it is sport-oriented. Engines offered are a 170 hp/350 tq 2.0L I4 diesel engine, as well as a 200 hp DI 2.4L and a 260 hp DI 2.8 V6 or 240 hp/420 tq diesel 3.0L V6. Standard RWD with optional AWD. Based on a short-wheelbase Alpha flatform. Coupe, sedan, and hatchback models. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
V-series adds 450 HP DI LS3, lower ride with taunter suspension that current model, sportier interior and basically keep the same V-series exterior as the current model. RWD, optional AWD. $38,000

BTS/BTC - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $30,000-$40,000 USD
The BTS/BTC a direct competitor to the 3-series, G35, and so forth. Very similar in size to the 3-series. Powered by a 260 HP DI 2.8L, this Sigma-based vehicle have ample power. However, for those wanted more power, a 320 HP DI 3.6L is avaliable on the up-model. Also available is a 240 hp/420 tq diesel 3.0L V6. RWD with avaliable AWD. Coupe, sedan, and convertible. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
V-series adds 550 HP DI LS7, lower ride with taunter suspension that current model, sportier interior and basically keep the same V-series exterior as the current model. AWD optional. $48,000

CTS/CTC - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $46,000-$62,000.
The CTS and CTC using the current designs. CTC is coupe as well as convertible versions. Standard features, such as DVD entertainment system, power rear shades, autodimming side view mirrors, and power reclining rear seats with power footrest, and so forth put its targets - the A6, M45, 5-series, and so forth - to shame. Offers a 320 HP DI 3.6 and supercharged DI 3.6L good for 380 HP as well as a 280 hp/450 tq diesel 3.0L V6. RWD with optional AWD. Sedan, Coupe, and convertable. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
V-series adds 600 hp performance DI LSA, race-tuned suspension, 285/35/19 front and 335/35/20 rear tires, slightly more aggressive exterior and much more sporty interior. Optional AWD. $60,000

Fleetwood - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $85,000-$136,000
This is the ULS concept with the design you saw in Motor Trend. Set to compete with the supersedans such as the S-class. RWD with optional AWD. The standard engine is a 450 HP DI 5.0L Ultra10 engine, upgradable to a 525 HP DI 5.6L Ultra12. Four-seater ultra-luxury four-door sedan (optional rear bench cutting down on price as well as taking away the frig and wine "chiller" that are offered on top models). Fleetwood Brougham is the extended version. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 600 hp DI 6.0L Ultra12, Bose suspension, quieter and more comfortable interior, 21" chrome low-profiles or 19" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
•Sixty Special includes exclusive, exotic leather, wood, and material as well as colors of your choice; heated all-around windows; far more comfortable and quieter cabin with nothing "sport" about it; reclining rear seats; Four captians chairs all around; small frig and wine "chiller". Two-mode hybrid system available as an option. $165,000

El Dorado - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $175,000-$180,000
Cadillacs uber-coupe powered by a DI 6.0L Ultra12 pumping out 600 hp. Build to take on the Bentley Continental. Standard AWD. Coupe, convertible. 4-seater. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.

Continue on next post!

Compare to My Ideal Buick Lineup
Post your ideal lineup here!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: My Ideal Cadillac Lineup (2nd Ed.)

LaSalle - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $355,000-$390,000
Directed at the Rolls-Royce Phantom and Bentley Flying Spur, this car slots in above the Fleetwood Brougham Sixty Special but below the Sixteen. Good for 600 HP from it's DI 6.0L Ultra12 engine, this beautiful car can be custom tailored by the factory to be purely for luxury or to have a more sporting style. 20" or 22" chrome rims can be had with this car, as well as standard Bose suspension. Four captains chairs with exotic, top-grade leather, everyone can ride in comfort. Custom tailored to the owners exact tastes and preferances. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.

Sixteen - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $475,000-$560,000
Keep it exactly as the concept has, aside front maybe a few minor additions you can wedge into this ultra-luxury Maybach fighter. Offers a strong, smooth 1100 hp DI 9.0L 16-cyl engine, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 24" chrome low-profiles or 22" chrome smooth-riding "luxury" wheels and a packed house of features. Custom-built and custom-designed at buyer's discretion. Choice of wood. Choice of leather/suede. Choice of carpet. Every single option you can think of. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
V-series adds 1450-hp as displacement is bumped to DI 9.4L's of 16-cylinders plus sport-tuned suspension and sportier interior and exterior. Overkill? Yes. But aren't all super/ultra-luxury sedans overkill?

XLR - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $85,000-$115,000
Very similar to the current model but with an all-new luxurious yet sporty interior. Similar but updated exterior. 525 HP DI 5.6L Ultra10. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
V-series adds all the performance upgrades including the 600 HP DI 6.0L Ultra12.

ZSR - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $400,000-$460,000
Cadillac supercar oriented towards some of the top supercars in the world. All carbon fiber body shell with a mix of carbon fiber, suede, and leather on the interior. Extensive usage of aluminum in frame. Engine is a DI 6.8L Ultra12 good for 800 HP and 650 TQ to all four wheels.
V-series gets 900 HP and 900 TQ from a worked over DI 7.0L Ultra12, cutting the majority of the extreme amount of creature comforts for weight saving, adds a race-tuned suspension to replace the adjustable MagneticRide II setup, and bigger, wider, grippier rubber (365/30/20.) The adjustable stability control, however, stays.

BRX - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $27,000-$36,000
The BRX concept you've seen. Same engine choices as seen in the B-series. AWD standard. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
V-series adds same engine and performance specs in B-series V.

SRX - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $37,000-$53,000
Progression in design over the current model. Slightly lower-riding and wider body than current model. To compete with the X5 and M-class. AWD standard. Same engine choices as in the C-series. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 450 hp Ultra8, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 20" chrome low-profiles or 18" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
V-series adds same engine and performance goodies as C-series V model. $75,000.

Escalade - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $65,000-$105,000
New Escalade styling. Update "rough-edges" of the Escalade - replace plastics with satin nickel trim or nickel plated, replace faux wood with real wood trim, etc. 450 HP DI 5.0L Ultra10 with optional 525 HP DI 5.6L Ultra12. RWD, optional AWD. Two-mode hybrid system available as an option.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 600 hp DI 6.0L Ultra12 standard, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 26" chrome low-profiles or 22" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
•Sixty Special includes exclusive, exotic leather, wood, and material as well as colors of your choice; heated all-around windows; far more comfortable and quieter cabin with nothing "sport" about it; reclining rear seats; Six captian chairs all around; small frig and wine "chiller". $140,000.

Engines Employed:
----------------------------------------
Diesel's:
Cleantec DI 2.0L's: 1
Cleantec DI 3.0L's: 5

16 Cylinder's:
DI 9.0L Ultra16's: 1
DI 9.4L Ultra16's: 1

12 Cylinder's:
DI 5.6L Ultra12's: 3
DI 6.0L Ultra12's: 4
DI 6.8L Ultra12's: 1
DI 7.0L Ultra12's: 1

V10's:
DI 5.0L Ultra10's: 2

V8's:
Ultra8's: 1
LS3's: 1
LS7's: 2
LSA's: 2

V6's:
Aluminum DOHC S/C DI 3.6's:: 2
Aluminum DOHC DI 3.6's:: 4
Aluminum DOHC DI 2.8's:: 3

I4's:
Ecotec DI 2.4's: 1

Platforms Employed:
----------------------------------------
Alpha's: 3
Sigma's: 2
Ultras': 4
Y-body's: 2
GMT900's: 1

Compare to My Ideal Buick Lineup

·
Registered
2 Posts

I like the Sixteen but I don't think it would cost $350,000-450,000, it would probably be more like $600,000-800,000 (I think the Bugatti Veyron costs 1 million). The Sixteen is America's answer to the Bugatti, but the Sixteen V will leave it biting the dust Ha Ha!!!:worship:

It would also be nice if there was a hybrid version of the CTS/C, STS/C, DTS, FTS (Fleetwood), ETC (El Dorado).

V-Series=Hi-Po
H-Series=Hybrid

Also maybe an awd CTW wagon to compete with the 5 series wagon?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Fast Man said:
I like the Sixteen but I don't think it would cost $350,000-450,000, it would probably be more like $600,000-800,000 (I think the Bugatti Veyron costs 1 million). The Sixteen is America's answer to the Bugatti, but the Sixteen V will leave it biting the dust Ha Ha!!!:worship:

It would also be nice if there was a hybrid version of the CTS/C, STS/C, DTS, FTS (Fleetwood), ETC (El Dorado).

V-Series=Hi-Po
H-Series=Hybrid

Also maybe an awd CTW wagon to compete with the 5 series wagon?
Ya, I'm still workin on the price for that... and for your other ideas... i'll consider them... ;)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My Ideal Cadillac Lineup (2nd Ed.) Update 2

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: My Ideal Cadillac Lineup (2nd Ed.) Update 3

I have updated this, adding alot more of the highlight features!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Cien also added.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

LaSalle model added between the top-level Fleetwood Braugham and the nearly $500,000 Sixty Special aimed directly at the Bentley and Rolls-Royce flagship sedans.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

Why?!?

Keep the existing line-up but make the Interiors better and more cohesive. Add and SRX-V, a ULS type car, and the BRX (Theta based SUV).

Cadillac needs to focus on refining the STS, DTS, XLR and the V Series to be best in class. After that focus on the ULS, and a ULS-V. If that can all happen I'd say move upmarket with a 16-like car. Just make sure it costs $400k and deserves to cost that much.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

DuSpinnst said:
Why?!?

Keep the existing line-up but make the Interiors better and more cohesive. Add and SRX-V, a ULS type car, and the BRX (Theta based SUV).

Cadillac needs to focus on refining the STS, DTS, XLR and the V Series to be best in class. After that focus on the ULS, and a ULS-V. If that can all happen I'd say move upmarket with a 16-like car. Just make sure it costs $400k and deserves to cost that much.
This wouldn't be done all right this minute. This would be done over the next 3-4 years... CTS, SRX, STS, and XLR's over the next couple years updated or all-new, while the following 1-2 years the new models come out...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Bumping for people to see and comment! Apparently it's pretty well perfect since not many are commenting??

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Quad over head cam = dual over head cam.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

avro206 said:
Quad over head cam = dual over head cam.
QOHC=gives off a more advanced sound to the consumer. ;)

·
Registered
6,830 Posts

wow,...just WOW;if 1/10 of that lineup became reality, I'd be happy. To be honest with you though, if GM hadn't fuKKed up Cadillac, this is where they would have been. Heck, its M-B but Caddy style, and thats what it should have been. GM should be kicking their as$es for letting this slip. Hopefully this stuff becomes reality. I think your engine chioces and hp ratings are little out of reach (actually very) but, good Ideas. Send it in to GM. I support it winkwink.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

lol, glad you like... though I dont think they screwed Caddy up, Caddy's doin good, and going from Grandpa's ride to one of the premier brands for youth in about 6 years is pretty dang good... they just need to continue to improve more and more... ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts

how many of these do you plan to do with the same ideas every time with one update, enough is enough

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

forsbach427 said:
how many of these do you plan to do with the same ideas every time with one update, enough is enough
Huh? Sorry, are ya asking how many times I'll do just 1 minor or what? I'm a bit tired...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Updated! Most models got minor updates, some got major revisions, and the DTS is gone!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: My Ideal Cadillac Lineup (2nd Ed.) Update 4

Some updates done to pricing and engines.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts