GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm bored, and the news feed has been slow, so...

CUVs/SUVs
Granite
$23,995 - $35,495

I'd keep the styling pretty much in line with the concept, adding the new C-Clamp LED signature, give it the 1.6T instead of the 1.4T for added grunt, a 2,500 lb. towing with the available 2.0T, FWD/AWD setup, and a Denali trim that tops off around $35K.

Graphyte
$26,995 - $38,995

A 5 seat MPV based on the new mid-size CUV platform. Optional rear-facing jump seats in the middle row. Standard rear bench slides, reclines and has armrest. Sized between a mid-size CUV and a minivan. 2.0T standard, V6 optional, 3,500 lb. towing capacity. Work tables in armrest of rear bench on Denali trim.

Terrain
$27,995 - $47,995

Move it to the Canyon/Colorado platform, available with either the V6 or the diesel. Give it suicide rear doors since it won't have a removable roof, and a beefed-up off-road package like the ZR2 Concept for an All-Terrain package. V6 and Diesel available in Denali or All-Terrain trims.

Acadia
$34,995 - $59,995

Grand Cherokee competitor w/optional 3rd row and LF3 availability in Denali trim.

Yukon/XL

What they are now.

G2500 - G3500
$60,995 - $120,995

Return of the G-Van nomenclature to replace the Savanna. Just some bad-boy conversion vans available with V8 or Diesel engines, aggressive styling with the C-clamp lights etc., and all the interior amenities conversion vans are known for. Try to take business from the MB Sprinter.

Boulder
$75,995 - $120,995

GMC Hummer. 6.2L standard, Duramax optional, standard with 33" tires, locking rear diff., skid plates etc. Available with more stuff to make it the ultimate off-roader. Compete with low-end G-Wagen or Range Rover.

Trucks
Sprint
$27,995 - $64,995

Alpha-based ute with blocky, yet aggressive GMC styling, fat fenders, C-clamps, hood vents, 20" wheels standard. 2.0T standard, V6 optional is all SLE-SLT packages. Create a new SLS trim (SomeLetterSport) with the 6.2L. Denali can also get the 6.2L. Top of the range will get a new 7.0L...or the LT4 if they don't bring out the LS7 replacement...

Canyon

What it is now plus Denali and All-Terrain trims. All-Terrain would be like ZR2.

Sierra

What it is now, but with every cab available with every engine. (6.2L Regular Cab)

What else would you add?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Love the lineup except the Terrain moving to the truck platform. It needs to be unibody to be refined enough to compete with the Jeeps and even the Land Rovers( when they are working) of the world.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
How about an ultimate F-you vehicle. Call it the GMC-Hummer Denali. Only sold in Denali trim, borow one of Cadillac's upcoming turBo diesels, an turbo 5.3L and have that as their flagship

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Using your lineup as a template, I made some changes:

Granite
$19,995 - $33,995

5 seat compact CUV. 1.4T standard on SLE and SLT, 1.6T standard on Denali, optional on SLT. 2.0T option for Denali only. FWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Jeep Renegade

Terrain
$23,995 - $39,995

5 seat small CUV that has a 1.6T standard on SLE and SLT, with a 2.0T standard on Denali and available on SLT. FWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Jeep Cherokee

Envoy
$31,995 - $59,995

5 seat midsize SUV that sits on a modified version of the Omega SUV platform that it shares with an XT_ SUV. 3.6L V6 standard on SLE and SLT, 5.3L V8 available on SLT. Denali has a 6.2L V8 with best in class power, torque, towing capabilities, and performance. RWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Jeep Grand Cherokee

Acadia
$39,995 - $57,995

7 seat CUV on Lambda II. 3.6L V6 standard on SLE and SLT, with a 3.6TT standard on Denali and available on SLT. FWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Infiniti QX60

Yukon/ Yukon XL

What they are now.

Boulder
$69,995 - $120,995

GMC Range Rover. 6.2L standard, 6.2SC V8 or Duramax optional, standard with 33" tires, locking rear diff., skid plates etc. Available with more stuff to make it the ultimate off-roader.

Tangential competitors: Range Rover and G Wagen

Canyon

What it is now plus Denali and All-Terrain trims. All-Terrain would be like ZR2.

Sierra

What it is now, but with every cab available with every engine.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I'm bored, and the news feed has been slow, so...

CUVs/SUVs
Granite
$23,995 - $35,495

I'd keep the styling pretty much in line with the concept, adding the new C-Clamp LED signature, give it the 1.6T instead of the 1.4T for added grunt, a 2,500 lb. towing with the available 2.0T, FWD/AWD setup, and a Denali trim that tops off around $35K.

Graphyte
$26,995 - $38,995

A 5 seat MPV based on the new mid-size CUV platform. Optional rear-facing jump seats in the middle row. Standard rear bench slides, reclines and has armrest. Sized between a mid-size CUV and a minivan. 2.0T standard, V6 optional, 3,500 lb. towing capacity. Work tables in armrest of rear bench on Denali trim.

Terrain
$27,995 - $47,995

Move it to the Canyon/Colorado platform, available with either the V6 or the diesel. Give it suicide rear doors since it won't have a removable roof, and a beefed-up off-road package like the ZR2 Concept for an All-Terrain package. V6 and Diesel available in Denali or All-Terrain trims.

Acadia
$34,995 - $59,995

Grand Cherokee competitor w/optional 3rd row and LF3 availability in Denali trim.

Yukon/XL

What they are now.

G2500 - G3500
$60,995 - $120,995

Return of the G-Van nomenclature to replace the Savanna. Just some bad-boy conversion vans available with V8 or Diesel engines, aggressive styling with the C-clamp lights etc., and all the interior amenities conversion vans are known for. Try to take business from the MB Sprinter.

Boulder
$75,995 - $120,995

GMC Hummer. 6.2L standard, Duramax optional, standard with 33" tires, locking rear diff., skid plates etc. Available with more stuff to make it the ultimate off-roader. Compete with low-end G-Wagen or Range Rover.

Trucks
Sprint
$27,995 - $64,995

Alpha-based ute with blocky, yet aggressive GMC styling, fat fenders, C-clamps, hood vents, 20" wheels standard. 2.0T standard, V6 optional is all SLE-SLT packages. Create a new SLS trim (SomeLetterSport) with the 6.2L. Denali can also get the 6.2L. Top of the range will get a new 7.0L...or the LT4 if they don't bring out the LS7 replacement...

Canyon

Sierra

What it is now, but with every cab available with every engine. (6.2L Regular Cab)

What else would you add?
Some great ideas!

Granite could be like the concept or Granite name used for a CUV based on Encore but with GMC style and compete with Renegade.

Like the Graphyte idea, something that could attract young buyers.

Prefer Terrain to stay FWD/AWD, but like the ideas for it.

Acadia can take on Explorer and GMC can use Envoy name for Grand Cherokee for (2) strong competitors in great segments.

Yukon/XL can stay pretty much as is, but really could use something in between size with WB closer to the MB GL.

Like the G2500/G3500 idea but thinking more of "land based" Buisness Jet, providing a mobile office or relaxing commuter with plenty of room and amenities.

Like the Boulder name and concept

Sprint sounds very interesting.

Canyon might want to add something like a H-3T

Sierra needs a Power Wagon competitor that can be made from Reg Cab 133" WB with Double Cab and 5.5' bed with improved angles of attack and a truck with enough size for most needs, yet short enough to be a decent off-roader.

Great work.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Using your lineup as a template, I made some changes:

Granite
$19,995 - $33,995

5 seat compact CUV. 1.4T standard on SLE and SLT, 1.6T standard on Denali, optional on SLT. 2.0T option for Denali only. FWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Jeep Renegade

Terrain
$23,995 - $39,995

5 seat small CUV that has a 1.6T standard on SLE and SLT, with a 2.0T standard on Denali and available on SLT. FWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Jeep Cherokee

Envoy
$31,995 - $59,995

5 seat midsize SUV that sits on a modified version of the Omega SUV platform that it shares with an XT_ SUV. 3.6L V6 standard on SLE and SLT, 5.3L V8 available on SLT. Denali has a 6.2L V8 with best in class power, torque, towing capabilities, and performance. RWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Jeep Grand Cherokee

Acadia
$39,995 - $57,995

7 seat CUV on Lambda II. 3.6L V6 standard on SLE and SLT, with a 3.6TT standard on Denali and available on SLT. FWD standard, AWD optional.

Main competitor: Infiniti QX60

Yukon/ Yukon XL

What they are now.

Boulder
$69,995 - $120,995

GMC Range Rover. 6.2L standard, 6.2SC V8 or Duramax optional, standard with 33" tires, locking rear diff., skid plates etc. Available with more stuff to make it the ultimate off-roader.

Tangential competitors: Range Rover and G Wagen

Canyon

Sierra

What it is now, but with every cab available with every engine.
More great ideas.

Agree pretty much 100% with Granite, Terrain and Envoy.

Interesting competitor for Acadia and the Acadia is more than up to the task.

Same thing with Yukon/XL, needs a model in between and 116" WB can offer a 2-Door or some rear suicide doors. Middle model WB perfect for new H2 that is much more livable.

Again, like the Boulder idea.

Canyon ideas good but still see room for more aggressive top end model.

Sierra can add a new cab/bed variant and agree with both of you on the every engine/model idea.

Again, great ideas that GMC should already be selling.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
CUVs/SUVs
Granite
$23,995 - $35,495

I would also add the Opal 1.6 TD engine

Graphyte
$26,995 - $38,995

is this a GMC Orlando? I could see it working but wonder if consumers will pay SUV money for a MPV

Terrain
$27,995 - $47,995

[strike]Move it to the Canyon/Colorado platform,[/strike] available with either the V6 or the diesel. Give it suicide rear doors since it won't have a removable roof, and a beefed-up off-road package like the ZR2 Concept for an All-Terrain package. V6 and Diesel available in Denali or All-Terrain trims.
I disagree as the penalty for a ladder frame truck SUV is to great IMHO GMC should do like JEEP and make a SUV grade unibody with OFF roading capacity in mind

Acadia
$34,995 - $59,995

IMHO a LWB version of the Terrain's SUV platform also a good place for the Opal biturbo diesel engines also used in the Terrain

Yukon/XL

What they are now.
IMHO needs more of a Hummer/ "MAN" design to increase the differentiation from the identical Chevy twins

G2500 - G3500
$60,995 - $120,995

Boulder
$75,995 - $120,995

I wonder if it is ONE car to far into the LUX market and would be a hard sell especially if it is NOT on a unique chassis like say the H1 HMMWV

Trucks
Sprint
$27,995 - $64,995

I will never say no to a UTE but wonder how well big and blocky will lend it self to a LOW sports car/El Camino

Canyon

I think like the Yukon a better more "non Chevy" look with squared of nose and a BIT of the H3T stirred in
and please NEW door pressings with lines that match the hood/box lines

Sierra

again more Hummer like design cues to "A" tie in with the GMC line up + to differentiate from Chevy versions

What else would you add?

I would add GMC should be a GOOD brand to increase GM's Diesel OPTION list using Opals 4 Cyl in the smaller products and the V6 Caddy may be working on OR one from some one else

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Sierra needs to add 4500 16,000 GVWR Chassis-cab with a de-rated (for longevity) Duramax Turbo Diesel and 7.0L Big Block gas V8 and 5500 Chassis-cab 19,500 GVWR with same engine options.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Sierra needs to add 4500 16,000 GVWR Chassis-cab with a de-rated (for longevity) Duramax Turbo Diesel and 7.0L Big Block gas V8 and 5500 Chassis-cab 19,500 GVWR with same engine options.
Big Block gas V8 is dead, anything 4500 and above would be a Duramax. I'm interested to see what GM announces for the refresh of the engine. 800-850 ftlb

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
This thread brings up a good point: GMC is moving upscale. The trend seems to be that GMC will be higher end light trucks and SUV's, while Chevy will become more orinted towards fleets and commercial vehicles. Notice the new City Express is offered as a Chevy only? I don't think this means there will not be any higher end Chevy trucks and SUV's, but I think for the most part the GMC brand will be developed into the primary supplier of higher end trucks and SUV's.

I have been hearing a few rumors of a coming GM push into commercial vehicle sales, I would not be surprised if Chevy will be the focus. Any serious attempt would require a line of class 4 and 5 cab and chassis models, and some sort of high output gasoline/alternate fuel V-8 would need to be available.

GMC represents something that Ford and Fiat do not have.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
I like the Boulder concept/idea and think it makes a fantastic name for suck a vehicle. Anyone out there able to cobble together a visual image of this, it would be greatly appreciated.:ponder:
I suck at photoshop, but I was picturing something extremely close to this:

With an interior similar to this:

Capable, powerful, and luxurious, all in one package. :dro:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I suck at photoshop, but I was picturing something extremely close to this:

With an interior similar to this:

Capable, powerful, and luxurious, all in one package. :dro:
Agree

GMC could make something like that using the Yukon XL 130" WB (same as the original H1) with short overhangs or use a 123" WB similar to the H2.

GMC needs a longer WB Yukon between the 116" Yukon and 130" XL anyway so why not make all three?

New 123" WB Yukon, 123" WB H2 (Yukon Alpha) and 130" H1 (Boulder).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.