GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, you've heard it before, yeah, GM makes rental cars. Unexciting boring ass rental cars.

Well, a few months ago I was in an accident. The car needed to be in the shop for about 2 weeks. We drive a 2005 Dodge Durango, a Full Size SUV, so we asked for a Full Size Suv. We got a basic black cloth interior non running board plain Jane black on black GMC Yukon.

Wow. For being basic, just in ride quality alone it is leagues above my Durango. The cloth seats are much more comfortable than the dodge's leather ones, the feel, the interior trim, much much nicer all around. Too bad they are 40k, but I can see why. Definetely NOT what I used to think of when I used to think rental car.

On friday, my wife was in an accident, she's ok thank god. Anyway I went to pick up the rental car today. THey had a Subaru FOrester wagon, or a Caddy DTS. The guy was trying to talk me into the Caddy after I said I'd take the Forester til he got a Full Size SUV. First he was like if you get the Caddy, your insurance pays 50 but it comes to 56, so you have to pay 6 a day and I'm like no, I'll just take the Subie. He said he'll drop the price for the caddy, so I said ok.

It's a 2007 DTS, Navi, sunroof, 50 buttons for the drivers seat including a massager, heat and AC. 17k miles on her, but it feels like new, no squeaks, no rattles, not a piece of trim out of place. Nothing faded, only a few lines in the leather (I'm guessing from the frequent Armor-All coatings). When people used to say "rides like a caddy" you need to get your butt in one every once in a while to realize what that means. I could SO see myself getting behind the wheel of one for a long road trip. I was looking for excuses to go for a drive today.

With resale prices the way they are, I am going to find myself adding these two cars to my list when I browse Autotrader...... I am just wondering, what else does GM have to offer that I would be overwhelmingly impressed with.

I used to think of a 90s pontiac sedan when the thought of a rental car entered my head. Now when I think of a rental car I am going to think of it as a treat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually had a GM rental experience that sent us to the dealer to investigate a new purchase.

Our 9-3 needed warranty service and it took a few days for the parts to arrive. As they were out of loaner vehicles, the local Enterprise put us in an Acadia. We'd never even considered a bigger vehicle, let alone a Lambda, but we were VERY impressed with nearly everything about it. We downsized into the Saab and realized immediately that we want the extra room back.

If we can sell the Saab outright and not get abused, we'll pull the trigger on a new Enclave. Good job GM of putting a really nice rental car out into the wild. It really can inspire potential customers.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I would have taken the Forester:cool:

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I dunno though, I've had a taste of traditional full size American luxury and the DTS would be hard to pass up too

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
I had an Aura for 2 weeks and it was great. Aside from the low rent plastics on the door panels and lower dash/console it was a really nice vehicle, which I'd consider buying.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the DTS more every day I drive it. I am looking for excuses to drive it.

I'm only 30, it's not an old person car, but it makes the drive relaxing.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Had a 2007 STS yesterday while my diff, and various parts installed on my car. Nice ride, sad I had to take it back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.