GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Yeah sure I know some people will look at this post and think of it as spam well, it's my dream so yeah. I just had to let out my idea some where.
You're right. There's no way it could match the 50,000 hp / 500 mph Mammoth Car, whether it was made out of the stolen gold or not.

Why doesn't GM build that? Other than the fact that it would melt...

Ghrank

· Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Nah, nah, that wasn't meant as a pick at you, just me being a smart-alek. I think your "dream" is actually quite feasable, and I'd really like to see and hear something like that in a concept.

Dodge builds an 8.2 liter production car, there's no reason why Chevy can't either. In the "so crazy it just might work" category, they showed us an 8.2 liter motorcycle that could practically torque itself on its side. Somebody's prolly got one of those 496 cid monsters in their S-10, Fiero, or whatever anyway, and I'm sure it's a hoot.

Just probably not as much of a hoot as driving The Mammoth Car.

Ghrankenstein

· Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Other then the totaly crazyness of the displacement, why? why make such a huge engine if its gunan guzzle gas and get like 4 mpg when you can make a 500hp 6.4, 6.6L motor and get like 24mpg? Yes, bigger is better, but in this case its called over kill.
Bigger is better, and too much is better than plenty. Craziness is cool, and wacky, excessive vehicles are cool. The Dodge Tomahawk was very very cool. Another recent show car had a 13.6 L engine with 1000 horsepower, and it was -said- to be capable of 20 mpg. Maybe, maybe not, but it's also not 4 mpg. It's 6 mpg.

Ghrankenstein

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.