1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,367 Posts

Reactions: JimmyDiablo

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
Now I can see the pictures. Those trucks look like they have a lot of good stories associated with them!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I can see the pictures. Those trucks look like they have a lot of good stories associated with them!
The 1985 i bought used about 25 miles away and I made it about a mile from my house and it ran out of gas.
The 1987 i bought non running with a seized engine (original engine) I poured oil in the cylinders and dragged it down the road in 4low in 4th gear and it broke loose and runs pretty good now.
The 2004 Silverado i bought new (factory ordered) it had 4 miles on it when I took delivery.

·
Registered
628 Posts
hiluxxulih, those are some pretty awesome trucks.
Have you contacted GM about the lost paint? After all, it's only an 85, that's almost new.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Lovely ole trucks, fantastic absolutely love all of them must all be an appreciating classic assets thanks posting the photos you just made my day put a big smile on my face , is it faux patina paint or the real McCoy?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lovely ole trucks, fantastic absolutely love all of them must all be an appreciating classic assets thanks posting the photos you just made my day put a big smile on my face , is it faux patina paint or the real McCoy?
Its real patina I am not sure why the gray truck rusted the way it did the other truck was a contractors truck so it was pretty well used and dead (siezed engine) I dragged it down the road in low range and 3rd or 4th gear to break the engine loose it runs pretty good now.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
That's one way to put it............................

The 1985 i bought used about 25 miles away and I made it about a mile from my house and it ran out of gas.
The 1987 i bought non running with a seized engine (original engine) I poured oil in the cylinders and dragged it down the road in 4low in 4th gear and it broke loose and runs pretty good now.
The 2004 Silverado i bought new (factory ordered) it had 4 miles on it when I took delivery.
GTP you were right! Great stories!

1985 - How many gas stations did you drive past before it quit?
1987 - That is a new on me, wild - I always had good luck with WD-40, when I do that.
2004 - Did they make a mistake, or did you actually order a green truck?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's one way to put it............................

1987 - That is a new on me, wild - I always had good luck with WD-40, when I do

1987 - That is a new on me, wild - I always had good luck with WD-40, when I do that.
[/QUOTE]
The 85, i by passed all as the gas guage was not very accurate at the time and it was
The 87, I used marvel mystery oil to soak the cylinders.
The 2004, I ordered green i think its called dark green metalic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts