GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...wants to know what you have to do (button sequence, or code) to be able to watch DVD's in the front head unit while driving? Similar to my CTS if you push two specific buttons simultaneously, you can do this while driving! He and myself BOTH understand the safety reasons for not doing this, and perhaps the novelty will wear off, so no hate. Anyone no how to do this on GM's newer head units?

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Oh noes, that dangerous! :eek: ;)

I've played movies on my Kenwood 7" in-dash and survived just fine. Not even any close calls. I don't watch, I listen while passengers watch. And a lot of movies sound awesome with the subwoofer! :yup: I didn't know there was a simple button sequence. If you don't find it on here soon, I'd suggest a more GMT700 specific forum. Maybe just looking through one would find the asnwer. Good luck. :)

Oh ya, and nice truck he's got there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
...wants to know what you have to do (button sequence, or code) to be able to watch DVD's in the front head unit while driving? Similar to my CTS if you push two specific buttons simultaneously, you can do this while driving! He and myself BOTH understand the safety reasons for not doing this, and perhaps the novelty will wear off, so no hate. Anyone no how to do this on GM's newer head units?]

There is no button sequence on the new headunits. He will need the GM Lock Pick kit from Costal Tech to do this, http://www.coastaletech.com/gmlockpick.htm

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
And for some reason SUV drivers have a bad reputation...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
i hate tvs in cars there only like 2 inchs tall.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
There are many situations where there would be no possible to risk anyone else

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
There are many situations where there would be no possible to risk anyone else
Like being stuck at the US border for over an hour :rolleyes: Been there, done that... a couple times a month. :(

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And for some reason SUV drivers have a bad reputation...
I don't disagree.

glad im not the only one who thinks thats a stupid idea...perfectly good truck, hope i dont see it wrapped around a pole.
I told him to expect this from everyone!!

What makes your new vehicle so special to be on the news ticker? :p: :D
Hey I did not put it there?

BTW the novelty wore off on mine after attempting it about three times, and watching a 'less' than appropriate vid while going through a starbucks, it was a late night..... and I am not proud of it (LOL). To be honest I don't even remember the last time i used my nav?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
BTW the novelty wore off on mine after attempting it about three times, and watching a 'less' than appropriate vid while going through a starbucks, it was a late night..... and I am not proud of it (LOL).
You da man! :D :lmao:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because all drivers are not created equal, I can understand the restrictions on the DVD playing: deny the passenger all amusement just in case the driver cannot resist the temptation.

However, I don't understand why the passenger cannot access the navigation system. It's not particularly safe to pull over on the side of the freeway just to try and figure out where the next gas station or McDonald's restaurant is. Which is what we would have had to do if we took our Denali on our road trip to DC last year. Factory Honda navigation systems have no such restrictions at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like being stuck at the US border for over an hour :rolleyes: Been there, done that... a couple times a month. :(
If you are stopped, the DVD is viewable on the Nav screen, no modifications necessary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts