GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother entered the 21 Century yesterday. He traded in his 1999 Buick Regal LS with 150,000 miles for a new 2013 Buick Encore FWD Convenience.
With it being a 2013 and having 2,300 miles on the clock, he got a hell of a deal at about $18,000, a full $7,000 off the MSRP. The Encore was just what he was looking for but he couldn't find any that really fit into his price range. He couldn't wait for the Trax to come out so he started looking at the Encore and ended up buying the first one he test drove.
He loves it so far and is pretty happy with the power it has, especially after going from a 3.8 V6 to a 1.4 Turbo 4.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
Congrats.

For pictures:

1.) Go to www.tinypic.com
2.) Upload the picture you want from your computer
3.) It'll give you some options for some links/URLs that you want to use. Select the one that starts with . It'll say for forums and boards IIRC.
4.) Paste the link here, and your photo will show!

Reactions: 96RIV

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Congrats to your bro, nice little crossover.

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Best of luck to Your brother.

Nice ride

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
$18,000 for a year old car with 2,300 miles, are residuals falling that fast!?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you don't mind me asking... How old is your brother?
He's 30, this is his first brand new car.

$18,000 for a year old car with 2,300 miles, are residuals falling that fast!?
This is a new 2013, not used. They wanted it off the lot like no other, he looked at a 14, and they weren't gonna cut so much off.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
He's 30, this is his first brand new car.
Interesting choice, my first new car(s) were a 1996 GMC Jimmy 2-Door, and/or a 1997 Ram 1500 RC, I was 26.

This is a new 2013, not used. They wanted it off the lot like no other, he looked at a 14, and they weren't gonna cut so much off.
New/Used...... call it what you like, not trying to pick a fight, but its a 2013 (near the end of 2014 MY) with 2,300 miles on it, in 4 months it'll be a 2 year old car with +/- 6,000 miles on it.

Since the Dealer is considering it new, I wonder what the warranty in-service date is? For example, my Volt which was a part of the Dealer's Loaner Fleet (for 3 months), ends 33 months, from the time of my purchase, but with regard to mileage I'm covered to 39,000. (he'll be able to find that info on his OnStar Service/Warranty page)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm a bit surprised a 30 year old dude would seek out a car like the Encore. It looks a bit feminine and I don't think the 1.4T was the right engine choice for something that weighs more than the Cruze and costs as much as the 180 horsepower Verano. The 2.5L with start/stop would have been more appropriate for entry lux.

I'm hoping GM updates their small engines across the board when the next gen small displacement Ecotec turbos come out.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My brother entered the 21 Century yesterday. He traded in his 1999 Buick Regal LS with 150,000 miles for a new 2013 Buick Encore FWD Convenience.
With it being a 2013 and having 2,300 miles on the clock, he got a hell of a deal at about $18,000, a full $7,000 off the MSRP. The Encore was just what he was looking for but he couldn't find any that really fit into his price range. He couldn't wait for the Trax to come out so he started looking at the Encore and ended up buying the first one he test drove.
He loves it so far and is pretty happy with the power it has, especially after going from a 3.8 V6 to a 1.4 Turbo 4.

Congrats to your Brother nice vehicle.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
I can't help thinking that the side mirrors weren't designed to go with this vehicle. I like the rest but somehow the mirrors, well no. I guess that as long as they work well it wouldn't be bad.

·
Premium Member
6,925 Posts
That's a pretty nice small crossover SUV. I remember taking pictures of it at the Detroit and Chicago auto shows a couple of years ago. I like it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts