GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend and i wanted to race each others I4 engines and we went to the local Drag strip and he was trying to be cool cause he thought his S10 was better so he tried to burn out in front of me That MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD! we got to the light and i was revving about 4000 he was about 6000 and i wasted him with an et of .860 vs his 1.24 then all i saw was his front lights in my rear view mirror needless to say he was mad cause his s10 lost are ET's were John Force Speed hahaha mine was 16.70 @ 84mph his was 18.24 @ 80 mph so there is a good win for Ford with nothing on it

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
This sounds like it should have been a contest to see who was slower, not who's faster. The 2.2L OHV S-10 is the slowest vehicle I've ever driven. Blast-freezer AC, but slow slow slow.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah i got a 2002 sonoma with a 5 speed...slow as hell that is for sure..didnt buy it to go fast though. that is what the camaro is for hehe

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by BBcamaroSS@Jan 2 2004, 05:04 AM
Ok..........What are you doing on a GM website?
He wants to show off to his ford buddies that he can go to a GM website and show off... He should race the Sy/Ty. see what he says then

Just a sudjestion

Forn :plasma:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
He's a closet GM freak, I've seen him on other GM sites.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
We've got a 99 Ranger, regular cab, long bed, 2.5 at work. Has 147K miles. It sucks. It's the slowest vehicle i've ever been in. We Gtech'd it at like 20 seconds in the 1/4.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a 2002 Chevy S10 with the 180 HP Vortec V6, butIm not stupid enough to race a stupid truck. whats the point? buy a small car and actually get osme performance out of it. I like Fords, but I detest idiots.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Re: My 98' Ranger Vs 2000 S10

How'd you run a 16.70 with a 2.5? Are you single cab or extended? Because I'm pretty sure my truck would've been right in line with the s10 you raced, but I'm extended cab 2.3 lima.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts

ain't no 4.0L though

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Retard.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts

I have a 2002 Chevy S10 with the 180 HP Vortec V6, butIm not stupid enough to race a stupid truck. whats the point? buy a small car and actually get osme performance out of it. I like Fords, but I detest idiots.
why are you guys so upset he raced it? he was just screwing around. his friend wanted to see whose was faster so he went to a local track. now if he did this on the street id understand being upset, but he did it in a safe and controlled location. my friend and i were thinking about doing the same thing. my corolla (like ive said before, i didnt buy it) vs his element. not race cars, but just having some fun.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Oh, yeah? Well I got in my 2000 Aveo and decided to race my buddy's 1998 Aspire. I went really slow but he went slower. I went 1/4 mile in 2 days, and it took him 2 1/2 days. Chevy owns the night!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I meant the ford guy and his retarted comments about how his Ford was just so much faster.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Awesome thread revival! It was even caught!....those are the best ones! ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
This reminds me of back when I had my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8. I was visting my hometown and this local clown claimed he could hook up a log chain to the rear end of my Jeep and to the rear end of his 2wd 4cyl S10 and if both of us were pulling the opposite direction that his S10 would pull the rear end out of my Jeep. Idiots make me laugh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts