GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Not surprising. Even certain sports cars fail this test.
Well, watching the video below and it makes a lot of sense. A lot of ppl who like performance cars like cars that kick the rear out when you are cornering, and that is what causes problems on this test.

·
Registered
9,049 Posts
It's actually very surprising to me. With typical CG being super low in most EV vehicles they usually do very good in these types of maneuvers despite the weight.

In fact they couldn't even get the Tesla to roll over in their roll over test because of the low CG. Without watching all those videos I would guess it is partially tires and a suspension set up too soft for this type of test.

·
Premium Member
36,183 Posts
Unless the damned thing goes 🥶 over the hood and through the windshield into your lap because they're such long legged things.😱
Hitting a moose is an excellent way to get killed.

·
Premium Member
36,183 Posts
Certainly.

But compare it with running head on into traffic.

Hit the moose.
Jumping into a wrong-way crash is just about a 100% guarantee of getting graduated to the Next Plane. A moose might not kill you, if Bullwinkle's antlers somehow don't come through the windshield. Maybe our onboard state trooper can toss in his experiences. Though I don't think there are lot of meeses in Florida.
Mooses, mooses. Meeses is something else.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,276 Posts
Jumping into a wrong-way crash is just about a 100% guarantee of getting graduated to the Next Plane. A moose might not kill you, if Bullwinkle's antlers somehow don't come through the windshield. Maybe our onboard state trooper can toss in his experiences. Though I don't think there are lot of meeses in Florida.
Mooses, mooses. Meeses is something else.
True like I did say above the goll-durned things because of their long legs have a natural tendency to land in your lap. 😱 🥶

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's actually very surprising to me. With typical CG being super low in most EV vehicles they usually do very good in these types of maneuvers despite the weight.

In fact they couldn't even get the Tesla to roll over in their roll over test because of the low CG. Without watching all those videos I would guess it is partially tires and a suspension set up too soft for this type of test.
It's probably the stock narrow (for its size/weight) 225-width tires.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts