GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/08/rendered-speculation-ii-production-chevy-volt-closer-but-no-ci/

So let's talk renderings of what the production Chevrolet Volt might look like since they seem to be popping up a few places now. We know for a fact that it will look different from the concept that debuted in January 2007 at the Detroit Auto Show. Will it look like the image above or more like the one we showed you earlier today from another site? From what we know it will almost certainly be closer to this red car, although probably not exactly the same. As we learned last fall, the concept was not particularly aerodynamically efficient nor did it meet the requirements necessary to meet pedestrian safety standards. Since low drag is paramount in order to maximize the amount of kinetic energy recaptured during regenerative braking, the nose has to be much more rounded when viewed from above and the windshield needs more rake. The rendering above comes much closer on both counts and is also closer to what was seen on the wind tunnel model earlier this spring.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I can't wait to see this thing.

The details on this car are going to be very very important. Not only does it need to look unique and futuristic, but it also needs to look very expensive. No one is going to buy a $45k car if other people can't see how much they spent on it.

I like the second render better. Even though we know for a fact the front doesn't look like that. Something about that car looks more like an Electric car.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I just hope it looks edgy and futruristic

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Not even close....

It doesn't look anything like the spy shots. :D

;)
Now if that is really the Volt..........

It will be in my driveway.

Unless of course it is one thin penny over $39,999.99
Then GM can go to hell.
I'll buy an Tahoe Hybrid, Corvette, Escalade or SRX but will never ever pay more than $39,999.99 for a Volt.
Period.
End of story.
Talk to the hand.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

Then GM can go to hell.
I'll buy an Tahoe Hybrid, Corvette, Escalade or SRX but will never ever pay more than $39,999.99 for a Volt.
Period.
End of story.
Talk to the hand.
I agree, it looks great (hope its the real deal).

Just out of curiosity, are you including the possible tax credit in that price (i.e. maybe a $44,999.99 car with a $5000 tax credit)?

I'm hoping it will be under $40k BEFORE the tax credit.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts

Then GM can go to hell.
Period.
End of story.
Talk to the hand.
If you like that; then you may like this.....

;)

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I can't believe we're actually talking about the design of those first two chops. They don't even incorporate the front end changes, especially the grille. Now Monaro SS' chops, I could've mistaken for the real deal although I hope he's got the rear and sides all wrong. GM needs this car to look very dinamic and not look like an econobox. Great job Monaro SS!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.