GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
As we've seen with the ATS, it doesn't matter how great the car drives, it just won't "click" with buyers if the styling isn't right. I feel that styling, both interior and exterior, will adversely affect XE sales.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
The only way I woukd drive this thing is if it was a company car. That back end is awful, reliability will be typical british, and the interior is just terrible.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
So despite the nice-but-nothing-special styling and generic upscale interior, the actual mechanical aspect of the XE seems to be quite good. The ATS will be due for its update, at which point I hope they go techier on the design and refine the engine choices (along with changes like the 1.6T replacing the 2.5L), while making the 8AT the automatic of choice for all engines. The ATS is just these refinements away from being the solid winner of the segment aside from the well received new C-Class. The XE is a nice choice but I will say the Jaguar reliability reputation might keep me from buying one right away (to see how well this one holds up). So it drives quite nicely but I'm interested to see how well it sells in the NA market. In the US specifically, there are numerous successful vehicles already, not just the BMW and Benz.

·
Registered
44,433 Posts
The closeups of the interior show a pretty high quality and detailed craftsmanship for this class.
Info screen seems a bit small.
Glove compartment has a lock and doesn't have the touch sensor.

As expected, ATS and the rest of this class is gonna have considerable competition.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The negativity here is perplexing. The XE looks good, I love the muscular proportions it's much nicer than in the first pictures released. And after giving the 15 C Class a thorough look this last weekend, it's clear the XE is superior in both interior and exterior styling. The C Class looks like complete shyte, the interior in particular is a bad joke that will age quickly. Those who criticize the ATS for shiny black plastics or excessive bling should sit in a C Class, they will quickly apologize to Cadillac. This may well bemy next car since im due to return to South Africa shortly and there are no RHD Cadillacs to be bought for love or money! Never thought I'd ever own an Indian car!

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Traditionally this near luxury sedan market is very conservative and even though jaguar is also following that misguided path...at the very least it has the smooth balanced styling represent ice of the beautiful jaguar xf...

I don't care for the BMW 3 , Mercedes c class or Cadillac ATS styling...while the Audi S4 is nice it's long in tooth..

The new jaguar again although a bit too derivative of the XF at least that's a pretty sedan...

With 340 hp and AWD...I'd buy one for my wife if she wasn't so enamored with going back to a cuv next time around....(SRX give away or diametrically opposed Porsche Macan with a six month waiting list and no discount)

Jaguars new f pace will surprisingly be the volume leader for the brand in short order and the XE will barely match its volume....leaving room for a possible AWD deal..on purchase...

I also like the f type v8 coupe and convertible...I like what jaguar is doing..Tata s throwing a ton of money at these two brands...land rover and jaguar and it's showing...

Reliability is way up as well..

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,314 Posts
What has the Fusion ever done to you? Don't be so disrespectful. :lmao:
They ripped off the styling of my Aston Martin!!
The similarity of those interiors is quite disturbing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts