GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok i do like the second one better but hte first is still goo no matter how impor fairy u think it is (yea i no the wing has to go)

TAfreak we got it u dont like the new gto no matter what they do to it i admit i wish it was at least generally shaped like the old one but its not gonna happen and we should rejoice over what we have

·
Registered
475 Posts
I DON'T WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE AN OLD GTO.

A good example, is the 4th Generation Trans Am.

Nothing in its styling was retro, yet it still looked like an over the top aggresive car the T/A had always been... except modern.

They could do the same with the GTO, if GM wasn't run by wannabes, instead of innovators like it was in the 60's. And before any of the import fairies on this board show their ignorance, I don't think the GTO should look as aggresive as the T/A. It should be somewhere between where it is now and ultra-aggresive T/A styling. After all, we can't have any the aforementioned import fairies running away scared.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck@Dec 3 2003, 06:00 PM
The Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am are fun cars. They are not perfect. The seats could be better. The interior is cramped, unless you are short.
Cramped? Jeez, how tall are you? I'm 6' and I sometimes feel it's a bit big. If you want to talk cramped, hop in a 94+ Mustang.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I like the styling on GTO Judge #2, but "Judge" should not be their first choice for the name of the package. To fit with the new Pontiac, it should be called the GXP.
And, no pinstripe down the side/"Judge" decals. Maybe put a "Pontiac" label somewhere on it, as well as a "GXP" emblem, but keep it subdued. Nothing like Pontiac during the 90s...:kama:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I dont agree with TA much, and his outlook on the GTO is very bleak, but I will say that if you like that crap car and driver crapped out onto a page and called it the judge, you are an import fairy. The wing, lights, all of it is crap. Now, the Autocross concpet, thats a fuggin car. The exhaust, the side skirts, the LS6... bingo. Thats what the Judge should be. The should use very big bold letters in chrome or polished steel that says Judge. If this is a modern GTO, lets not go retro. And if that is the case, why go with the "Judge" anyway? Why not keep it inline with the rest of Pontiacs line up. I know GTO GXP is way to many letters to group together and it sounds a bit confusing. A 400hp GTO along with that 05 rendering would make this cars image improve 100x more. I mean, it is a GTO. I know is fast now, but it should scare young children and old ladies off the street, know what I mean?

·
Registered
22 Posts
They can't make a car cool looking that ain't cool looking. It would be fine for a basic transport coupe like the current Monte Carlo but as some kind of attempt at a muscle car, the car sucks. Until they redesign the new GTO, it ain't no GTO. Just my opinion.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.