GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
If it were possible to slap someone over the internet, I would be slapping you right now.

That is terrible. Extremely terrible.

Then again, given the ratio of import fairies on this board, I wouldn't be suprised if it's a hit here.

The GTO needs to me more aggresive... cooler looking. Not more mad tyte looking. Those modifications do not flow well with the car, it's like a 16 year old molesting a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Now that's better.

I wouldn't want to see that become the exact production model, but it's a start.

Slightly too retro.

They need to some how magically make the GTO cool looking without being too retro.

·
Registered
475 Posts
SLP already announced that they plan on having 3 stages, the top one being the "421 Judge."

Although last I heard, GM and SLP were having disputes because of the Judge trademark.

I don't know what GM is doing internally, but my guess is it wouldn't be anything like a "421 Judge."

It would probably be more like the standard GTO, with a better body kit, some kind of new intake and a bunch of stickers.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good question, the last anniversary Trans Am has wild colours and graphics but that was then and this is now.
I'm not a huge fan the paint/stickers thing with the CE T/A;s, but at least the body styling went with the car.

You can tell the hoods scoops and spoiler were made specifically for that car, they flow. Hell, the WS6 hood doesn't even fit the camaro (I've seen pictures at LS1.com) and that's built on the same platform.

This GTO Type-R is not good in any way. Although, you seem to be an import fairy so I'm probably wasting my time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I DON'T WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE AN OLD GTO.

A good example, is the 4th Generation Trans Am.

Nothing in its styling was retro, yet it still looked like an over the top aggresive car the T/A had always been... except modern.

They could do the same with the GTO, if GM wasn't run by wannabes, instead of innovators like it was in the 60's. And before any of the import fairies on this board show their ignorance, I don't think the GTO should look as aggresive as the T/A. It should be somewhere between where it is now and ultra-aggresive T/A styling. After all, we can't have any the aforementioned import fairies running away scared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.