GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
A GTO like the Motor Trend rendering will happen and it will sell to people who want a Judge that is as close to a 69 Judge as possible. Stickers and all. I prefer a clean looking GTO but if you want to dress up a GTO go ahead. Will GM build one? Good question, the last anniversary Trans Am has wild colours and graphics but that was then and this is now. If GM doesn't have a GTO with this look someone else will.
Where was the picture of the yellow GTO taken. Nice job on a modern hoodscoop.
In one of the reviews of the GTO the author referred to the GTO as a blank canvas which will allow for customizing.
Finally the LS6 will be a great addition/option to the GTO.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
T/A I resent your accusation and it is childish to say the least. Since you seem to want to know about me? I own a 99 Firebird and a 96 GMC Sierra. I would love to purchase a 04 GTO but I live in Canada. I love GM products and enjoy driving my Firebird everyday. The Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am are fun cars. They are not perfect. The seats could be better. The interior is cramped, unless you are short. I could go on but why I love my car and would buy it again. GM should be proud the GTO took only 18 months to produce. So you don't like get over it. No one is making you buy one. Just because a large number of people who post on this site disagree with your opinion on the new GTO does not make them an import fairies. Name calling is sad. I think it is great you love your T/A and want GM to do more with the GTO. Expecting more from GM is a good thing because GM is capable of more. The GTO is not a replacement for the F Body and you are wrong to expect it to be. Yes they are both RWD V8 powered coupes. Could the GTO be worse? Yes, just look at the concept from the 80s (Grand Am and FWD) and the orange foam concept car from the late 90s.
Keep up the debate, disagreements make the site more fun to read but keep your comments intelligent you seem to know your stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.