GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
If it were possible to slap someone over the internet, I would be slapping you right now.

That is terrible. Extremely terrible.

Then again, given the ratio of import fairies on this board, I wouldn't be suprised if it's a hit here.

The GTO needs to me more aggresive... cooler looking. Not more mad tyte looking. Those modifications do not flow well with the car, it's like a 16 year old molesting a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by TAFreak@Dec 2 2003, 11:55 PM
If it were possible to slap someone over the internet, I would be slapping you right now.

Then again, given the ratio of import fairies on this board, I wouldn't be suprised if it's a hit here.

The GTO needs to me more aggresive... cooler looking. Not more mad tyte looking. Those modifications do not flow well with the car, it's like a 16 year old molesting a Honda Civic.
(knocked down by slap)
ouch
i still think it looks good even if its a little ricy

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like this one better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Now that's better.

I wouldn't want to see that become the exact production model, but it's a start.

Slightly too retro.

They need to some how magically make the GTO cool looking without being too retro.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think we'll see packages similar to the firebird, T/A, WS6 or Camaro, RS, SS, etc.
They will have to cover the mild to wild spectrum. The only difference for now is they will all have the LS1. My guess is that will change too. 350, 375 and 400. Call it stage 1, 2, 3 or GTO, Bobcat, Judge or whatever.

·
Registered
475 Posts
SLP already announced that they plan on having 3 stages, the top one being the "421 Judge."

Although last I heard, GM and SLP were having disputes because of the Judge trademark.

I don't know what GM is doing internally, but my guess is it wouldn't be anything like a "421 Judge."

It would probably be more like the standard GTO, with a better body kit, some kind of new intake and a bunch of stickers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am aware of the whole GM vs. SLP over the Judge name. SLP had better remember where their collective bread is buttered. I'm sure they will resolve that matter.

As far as the stickers go. Please god no. I don't believe that GTO target market is pro-sticker.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by TAFreak@Dec 2 2003, 11:55 PM

I guess you mean cliche but I did it on purpose, but I really like it B)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Jesus no. Take off the lancer wing, remove the paint, take off the badge. Only thing I like(and wish it came as the base engine) is teh LS6.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
A GTO like the Motor Trend rendering will happen and it will sell to people who want a Judge that is as close to a 69 Judge as possible. Stickers and all. I prefer a clean looking GTO but if you want to dress up a GTO go ahead. Will GM build one? Good question, the last anniversary Trans Am has wild colours and graphics but that was then and this is now. If GM doesn't have a GTO with this look someone else will.
Where was the picture of the yellow GTO taken. Nice job on a modern hoodscoop.
In one of the reviews of the GTO the author referred to the GTO as a blank canvas which will allow for customizing.
Finally the LS6 will be a great addition/option to the GTO.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good question, the last anniversary Trans Am has wild colours and graphics but that was then and this is now.
I'm not a huge fan the paint/stickers thing with the CE T/A;s, but at least the body styling went with the car.

You can tell the hoods scoops and spoiler were made specifically for that car, they flow. Hell, the WS6 hood doesn't even fit the camaro (I've seen pictures at LS1.com) and that's built on the same platform.

This GTO Type-R is not good in any way. Although, you seem to be an import fairy so I'm probably wasting my time.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
T/A I resent your accusation and it is childish to say the least. Since you seem to want to know about me? I own a 99 Firebird and a 96 GMC Sierra. I would love to purchase a 04 GTO but I live in Canada. I love GM products and enjoy driving my Firebird everyday. The Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am are fun cars. They are not perfect. The seats could be better. The interior is cramped, unless you are short. I could go on but why I love my car and would buy it again. GM should be proud the GTO took only 18 months to produce. So you don't like get over it. No one is making you buy one. Just because a large number of people who post on this site disagree with your opinion on the new GTO does not make them an import fairies. Name calling is sad. I think it is great you love your T/A and want GM to do more with the GTO. Expecting more from GM is a good thing because GM is capable of more. The GTO is not a replacement for the F Body and you are wrong to expect it to be. Yes they are both RWD V8 powered coupes. Could the GTO be worse? Yes, just look at the concept from the 80s (Grand Am and FWD) and the orange foam concept car from the late 90s.
Keep up the debate, disagreements make the site more fun to read but keep your comments intelligent you seem to know your stuff.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Dont worry about it, he called me an import fairy, despite my car being more of a pure pontiac then his. :rolleyes: Eitherway I agree with Cannuck no one is forcing you to buy it, so stop trying to force us not to.

Besides we all know....TAFREAK.....is a closet......gto lover....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaadmit it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hate to break this to you, but my 98 isn't my only T/A.

It's funny that you think your 84 Firebird is more Pontiac than my 98. :mf_boff:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts