GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
First Test: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

2009 Cadillac CTS V

Cadillac wants its "Standard of the World" slogan back. Toward that end, the brand is mounting sort of a "wreath-and-quest" global crusade to convert the heathen masses currently worshipping roundels, three-pointed stars, linked-rings, and the like. Its arsenal of enticements includes a small car (the Swedish-built BLS), diesel engines (including a new state-of-the-art 2.7L V-6), and even a sleek and slinky CTS Sport Wagon due next year. But it needs a big-dog halo car-something to run with the Ms, AMGs, and RSs, capable of laying down big bragging-rights numbers at the Nrburgring. This CTS-V aims to be that car.

Review at Link: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0811_2009_cadillac_cts-v_first_test/index.html

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Wow, the ZR1 and the new CTS-V have been getting great reviews. It shows what GM can do with an all out commitment to a product. They are not perfect, but are quickly moving to the head of their respective classes.

Someone with a Motor Trend login needs to tell the "expert" known as "superb4" that the CTS-V is NOT based on an Australian chassis. The CTS is on Sigma II, not Zeta.

Not to slight our Aussie cousins, but sometimes I think it would would literally make some people's head explode if they had to admit that an American car company and American engineers were capable of designing a great product without gigantic amounts of outside help.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
The King.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Wow, the ZR1 and the new CTS-V have been getting great reviews. It shows what GM can do with an all out commitment to a product. They are not perfect, but are quickly moving to the head of their respective classes...
Yup. When GM delivers vehicles like this, I grow more convinced that all the necessary resources to re-establish GM's preeminence are already in hand.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I love this car, and now i can finally get one!!! Well.....a used one anyway, but I will still have a V. :D

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
i wish i had 60k.....

and heres the question...what will it take to make the LSA as powerfull as the LS9? few engine mods and its even faster.

and when does this go on sale? this is what gm should do with every car, i havent heard a peep about this car since the ny auto show i think- and then all of a sudden its here in its m3 smokin glory

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
i wish i had 60k.....

and heres the question...what will it take to make the LSA as powerfull as the LS9? few engine mods and its even faster.
It would take a call to Magnuson to get the 2.3L Radix four-lobe blower that's on the ZR-1. That or maybe a new pulley to overdrive the supercharger that's already on there. Add a little methanol injection and you're ready to break drivetrain parts with ease.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.