GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
$10 on the Genesis, unfortunately. The GT-R is nothing special. A great car is obligatory at $70k+.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Genisis is good, but so far its reviews were meh.
Acura TSX. Car and Driver's fap-fest Acura is bigger, full of technology, and handles and performs just as well as the last one.

Mazda 6 would be my 2nd pick.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I'd like the Challenger to win. But I think they'll give it to the GT-R.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
GT-R will probably end up with it though the challenger and the Jaguar XF are two potential wildcards this year. I just hope MT learned their lesson from the Truck Of the Year debacle last year and compare each contender more throughly. I still remember all of the people that were upset when the Tundra won TOTY (despite having two very serious recalls)

·
Registered
8,971 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The GT-R will win.

Even though I am not a big Nissan fan, I don't see why the GT-R won't win.
The GT-R wont win

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't see the GT-R winning. The winner typically has some level of practicality. I think that the Genesis (that's GenEsis) has a good chance due to its significance for Hyundai and value.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Genesis is a good car, but the reviews were not as glowing as I expected it to be. Lots of reviews talked about the ho-hum design, talked about the good performance but soft and floaty ride...to me, not COTY ready.
We are looking for a glowing review, and so far the 6 has it, its better then last year, it has more power and better design, enhancing it over the last gen by a lot.
The TSX has improved to a true entry level sports luxury sedan, with additional technology and a massive interior upgrade, the new TSX also doesnt have the new Acura nose to the extent of the other cars like the RL and TL.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree that the Genesis is good, but it's really just a copy. If there where no badges on it would you know what kind of car it was?? If they injected some uniqueness to it I think it would have a better shot.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think when you factor in the reality of car of the year needing to promote Motor Trend more than the car, they'll lean toward models that will advertise heavily and promote the magazine.

I suspect it will be between Mazda 6 (my bet to win), Corolla, MKS, Maxima, and Genisys. I think the smaller volume units are out due to advertising and Challenger is out due to being too much like the 300/Charger.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The new Maxima, Mazda6, the G8, or the Audi A4 will win. I am banking on the A4 however. The G8 has a good shot though but probably not...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm not sure who MT will pick, but I'd say that I'd like the (1)XF or the (2)Mazda6 to win.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts