GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Motor Trend Poll: Executive Privileges
Once you’ve earned your keys to the executive washroom, which of these luxury sport sedans would you prefer to drive to work?

- Audi A6
- Cadillac STS
- BMW 545i
- Jaguar S-Type
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Cast your vote here!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
1:10 PM EDT

Poll Results
Total Votes: 1142

Once you’ve earned your keys to the executive washroom, which of these luxury sport sedans would you prefer to drive to work?

Audi A6 : 15%
Cadillac STS : 72%
BMW 545i: 7%
Jaguar S-Type: 1%
Mercedes-Benz E-Class: 2%

---
I'm in with an STS vote! B)

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
I find that poll refreshing (albeit very surprising). It seems skewed in an unnatural way...

With the exception of the S-Type, I wouldn't mind driving any of those cars.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by tgagneguam@Jul 2 2004, 09:31 AM
I find that poll refreshing (albeit very surprising). It seems skewed in an unnatural way...

With the exception of the S-Type, I wouldn't mind driving any of those cars.
I think it is skewed, and even before it was mentioned here at GMI. The MT headline that takes you to the poll mentions the STS, so most readers who end up at the poll got there because they wanted to read about the STS to begin with, and likely already had a favorable opinion.

Anyway, skewed or not, it seems pretty likely that the STS will serve its role well as a truly competitive answer to the BMW 5-series and the MB E-class.

Of course, I thought that was pretty well true of the current generation STS (when compared with the previous generation 5-series and E-class), but I might be a bit biased. B)

·
Registered
439 Posts
you know you don't have to buy GM but face the fact that they are back,and with each new model that just erks more and more GM haters.Once the niche cars and even the g-6 or cobalt hit the market ,the momentum will build ...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Originally posted by delmarjohn@Jul 2 2004, 06:17 PM
you know you don't have to buy GM but face the fact that they are back,and with each new model that just erks more and more GM haters.Once the niche cars and even the g-6 or cobalt hit the market ,the momentum will build ...
The Cobalt is the most important car to come from GM in a long time. Chevy needs a true competitor to the Civic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's also probably skewed because you can vote more than once. Try to keep it to one vote guys so as to not make it look too bad for the competition.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Obviously a lot of GM loyalist got together on that one. I love the new STS, but Given the choice I'd take the new 5 series over it any day of the week.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So that you can pay more money and get less car? Wise choice my friend. American consumers are the smartest. :lol: 5-series is nice, but I would think choosing between any of these cars would be a difficult thing to do.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
No, so I could pay more money and get more car. I like the STS, but I think given the choice, most people would pick the Bimmer over it though. I really never gave a rats azz about what a poll on MT said, but if you are not one of the people who hates the styling of the BMW, it is a better built car with more gizmo's and gadgets. Esspecially to the young people whom are computer savy, although I admitt it might be a problem for some of the older guys who have never touched a keyboard before.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How do you know the BMW has a better build quality? ever taken both of them appart to check? (me eaither, and I'd be scared too.. I'd end up scratching something and getting whooped by the owners goons ^_^)

·
Premium Member
35,292 Posts
Originally posted by logansowner@Jul 2 2004, 09:42 PM
Obviously a lot of GM loyalist got together on that one. I love the new STS, but Given the choice I'd take the new 5 series over it any day of the week.
Most car Magazines think the STS is by far better than BMW, here is what Edmunds has to say.

"In fact, after driving several preproduction versions of the STS, we think Cadillac may have been saving the best for last. Unlike the previous Seville STS that lacked the refinement, performance and aesthetic appeal necessary to compete against the best from Europe and Japan, the 2005 STS (the Seville name has been dropped) is a slick-looking, no-excuses package that gives up nothing to its competition."

Some like Car and Driver voted for the CTS over the bigger 5 series, E class, S type and 300 C in the V6 category match up

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Originally posted by surferdude00711@Jul 3 2004, 12:14 AM
in the Motor Trend I got yesterday the Equinox was the best compact SUV in a comparo.
What was on the Cover of your MT, mine had a Focus and a Gallardo on the cover, but the issue being released on newstands has the STS and 545 on the cover................ :huh:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Just picked up my copy at B&N. There is the STS and 545 on the cover. There is also a Focus vs Lambo article and yes, the Nox does take first place over all the "cute-utes" even the Vue Redline AWD. Also bea tout Hyundai Santa Fe, and Ford Escape XLT.
They also have a "First Drive" of the H2 SUT.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
.....and they will rule the world (evil laugh) :drevil:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah, I mean, cmon guys. If the CTS is beating the 5 Series, then the STS will destroy it. Better build quality my ***.

BMW has never really been known for bullett proof build quality and reliablity. The only luxury make that is still a bit ahead of caddy is lexus on build quality.

I also dont think you have read the gadgets you can get in the STS. I drive isnt THAT bad, but I still think it sucks. regular controls are fine, and I BUILD computers, so dont give me anything about it having to do with the tech generation. When I want to drive, I like to drive something fun, when I want to use a computer, I sit at my desk.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I guess you guys are right, but get off your GM high horse, it isn't as much beteer as that poll says. No way on Gods green earth do 70% of the people prefere a Caddy over a BMW. I get the feeling thats the work of a few jerkoffs that decided to spend an hour hitting enter and backspace...

I woted for the Caddy, but someone is voting for it many more then one time...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts