·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Test: 2015 Chevrolet Colorado WT 2.5
Motor Trend
November 17, 2014
By: Christian Seabaugh

"In a day and age when new pickup trucks come with radar cruise control, air suspensions, leather, and more, it's easy to wax poetic about the good old days when a pickup was little more than a motorized wheelbarrow — dead simple and more than capable of getting any job done. While half-ton pickups have grown larger and more complicated over the past decade, the compact/midsize segment has avoided the over-complication that's stricken half-tons in recent years. The problem, though, is that none of the base, bare-bones versions of the midsize trucks was very good. That is until the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado WT entered the mix."

Full article available at the link.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a beautiful truck, I'd buy one if it were offered in a single cab/short box setup.

Reactions: paul8488

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Awwww. I thought they were doing a review of one with the manual transmission :(

·
Banned
2,267 Posts
They keep talking about how basic it is - yet it comes with power windows, locks mirrors and even power seat standard. Even has a back up camera standard. That's basic?

I love how jacked up this thing is.
This truck is very basic by 2015 standards. Keep in mind backup cameras will be Federally mandated equipment on ALL vehicles for 2016. Also, it is much cheaper to build all the trucks with power windows, locks, and seat standard than offer it as an option and have very few people not select it. This is a production cost factor the American companies learned from Japan in the last 10 years. They don't have to engineer and produce different doors and wire harnesses for truck with and without power windows.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The stick may actually be somewhat fun to drive given the old 4.3 V-6 5-speed S10's had similar HP/TQ ratings as the new 4cyl.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Chevy will sell tons of those.....good looking truck.....but 16.8/23.6/19.3 Real MPG from Motor Trend is not very compelling.....most likely better to get the V6 if you have the cash....

·
Registered
21,372 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I am impressed with the Colorado's looks. Local business near my house purchased a Colorado LT and its a pretty good looking little truck. I still havn't seen a Canyon in the wild yet but I am guessing it will look even better.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts