GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i know this has been said quite enough and even I have asked about it a couple of times, but will there ever be a more powerful engine on the suburban than the ones offered now?

I'm sorry but the 6.0 L just isn't enough. I currently own a 2001 8.1 L and have driven the 2008 6.0 L and there is no comparison between the torque offered by each.

We all know that a new big block is almost never gonna happen, but will they introduce the 6.2 L used in the denali? If yes then why the delay? It took them a year to introduce the 6 speed so how long till they use a more powerful engine?

I've been a proud owner of suburban big blocks for over 20 years and it really pisses me off to see them getting rid of the extra torque on the suburban.

I need it. I want it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You can kiss the days of BBC equipped suburbans and trucks goodbye! I thought I read a thread that the 6.2L was now optional but I could be wrong! Of course if thats not enough power you can always add a low boost supercharger with HP and torque in excess of the 8.1L. There are a few aftermarket companies with bolt on supercharger kits available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but the aftermarket stuff won't be able to handle 60+ degrees Celcius and will not be covered by the factory's warranty, so i'm better off without them.

Why can't they just offer the 6.2 L ??

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I thought they do offer the 6.2L in the Suburbans and H2s along with the six speed.

Must have been the 2009 model year.

I'm waiting to see the 4.5L Duramax.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick isn't really my goal. It's being able to bypass others going uphill with 9 passengers and their luggage, or towing other SUVs in the soft sand; that's the stuff i'm concerned about. That's why i love big blocks.

really hope they offer the 6.2 L on the 3/4 ton

·
Registered
858 Posts
In GM infanant wisdome they offer the 6.2 in a halfton crew cab pickup, and in a Tahoe for 09, along with the 6 speed auto, but NOOOOO its not available on the Suburban, the larger of the 2 SUVs is stuck with the 6.0 in LTZ form only, and no 6.2s what so ever 1/2 or 3/4. It just deos not make sense to offer a 6.2 in a Tahoe, but not the larger suburban. Iwould love to have 6.2L Suburban Z71, but again in 09 the only motor for the Z71 Suburbans is the 5.3L can't even get the 6.0 in Z.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It just deos not make sense to offer a 6.2 in a Tahoe, but not the larger suburban.
Exactly. stupid, pure and simple.

Don't see 6.2L V8 for Suburban, maybe 2010 model?
I'm pretty sure that will be the case, especially that GM recently said the current generation will have a longer lifespan.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Another bad deal is I have been doing 2 year leases on mine, looks like that option will be ending here real soon, my current 07 Z71 Burb does not go back till next June. Not sure I am going to like eating all that depreciation, and having a payment tripple the one I have now. I may do it since I really do like the burbs, I just wish they would let me order it the way I want it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts