GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Holy crap! It actually has a lighter stuck in the power port between the seats! :eek:

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Love the color, wheels, and interior. Could this be the first class leading GM. I'm not talking about the opinion of GM fans but as a general concensus by the media. Please save bias for another thread.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
The interior picture of the dash is poor quality but I don't see the colours working together very well.

The black on the upper dash looks like a different shade than the lower dash (might be due to lighting and the poor picture quality.) Then there is a little bit of silver on the steering wheel that doesn't seem to go with the grey or tan in the middle of the dash.

To me, something just doesn't look right with all the colours on the dash.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Love the color, wheels, and interior. Could this be the first class leading GM. I'm not talking about the opinion of GM fans but as a general concensus by the media. Please save bias for another thread.
They already have several "class leading" vehicles...Look it up. As far as compacts go, no...But this one might be it. :)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I like the car enough but the 40 MPG promise will be the key to it's success. If it doesn't have amazing mileage it can not stick out in a very competitive market.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I like the car enough but the 40 MPG promise will be the key to it's success. If it doesn't have amazing mileage it can not stick out in a very competitive market.
Most sources have said they have as good number on the mileage...Best in class, supposedly. I really hope so, because small cars like the Aveo suck gas for their size. GM has been great with mileage in mid-sized cars...Better than any.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Most sources have said they have as good number on the mileage...Best in class, supposedly. I really hope so, because small cars like the Aveo suck gas for their size. GM has been great with mileage in mid-sized cars...Better than any.
It can't just be class leading, it really needs to stick out well beyond the others if you ask me. Something that nobody can miss or ignore. It needs to get these great numbers with an automatic trans. as well as the manual since that is what most people buy.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
They already have several "class leading" vehicles...Look it up. As far as compacts go, no...But this one might be it. :)
I'm not talking about niche vehicles or Corvettes I'm talking about every day cars that are overall class leading. I don't care if it has class leading handling or class leading gas mileage I will consider it class leading when it will clearly win a 4-5 car comparison on overall abilities. This could be the one, but let's wait and see the final product vs the competition.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
So much for the Volt having a corporate steering wheel
What would you have them do? Design and make 14 different steering wheels for each car Chevy sells?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
The interior picture of the dash is poor quality but I don't see the colours working together very well.

The black on the upper dash looks like a different shade than the lower dash (might be due to lighting and the poor picture quality.) Then there is a little bit of silver on the steering wheel that doesn't seem to go with the grey or tan in the middle of the dash.

To me, something just doesn't look right with all the colours on the dash.
It's the lighting, not the materials.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow. looks very classy..but i think its just the color. really nice looking car..still dont like the Hyundai-looking taillights
Yeah, I see Elantra taillights on a Sonata body with a Chevy bowtie in the grille!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Yeah, I see Elantra taillights on a Sonata body with a Chevy bowtie in the grille!
So we're gonna beat 'em at their own game. What's wrong with that? :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
wow. looks very classy..but i think its just the color. really nice looking car..still dont like the Hyundai-looking taillights
I agree, not liking them at all. They should of done something simplier, maybe more like the Malibu or somekind of play off of the Corvette's tail lights.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts