GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,343 Posts
That's cool! Looks like the interior will be taking a page from the Lyriq playbook, which I consider to be a really good thing!

I'm assuming we are seeing JDN's vision as I recall MB saying that the replacement leadership was not to touch anything with his plans.

Love the new joystick steering wheel! :D :D :D

and I'm kidding about the steering wheel before someone feels the need to give me a lengthy explanation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This car looks very promising. It looks like they finally got the interior right. Too bad we're not getting it! It's a shame as there's not many handsome entries in this segment when you think about it.
It wouldn’t be bad to bring it back, but if they brought it back as a Chinese imported model it shouldn’t be marketed as their flagship because it’s non-American roots. At this moment the Escalade holds that flagship title for now. I suppose you could say their largest sedan offering??

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Just bring it to U.S. and install the blackwing under the hood, please...
Exactly!

One trim only. One engine. One price. All the goods.

Only options would be exterior and interior color, and wheels.

$100k - $125k.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The problem with the Blackwing engine was the cost of production, as I understand it.. But volume reduces cost per unit. I think it deserves the Cadillac exclusive Blackwing engine.. Not another repurposed Corvette engine.. This practice is really annoying to me.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
The problem with the Blackwing engine was the cost of production, as I understand it.. But volume reduces cost per unit. I think it deserves the Cadillac exclusive Blackwing engine.. Not another repurposed Corvette engine.. This practice is really annoying to me.
The point of the Blackwing is that it is a limited-production performance engine. Cadillac has nothing to gain by putting it into mass production and reducing its price.

·
Registered
382 Posts
CT6 should never have been cancelled. Every true luxury marque has a flagship sedan. As flawed as it was when it came out, constant improvements would have built up the mindshare for the brand. Not everyone wants a SUV.
It's so bizarre for both Cadillac and Lincoln to not compete in a segment they were once very famous for.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I like that the rear tail lights have returned to a more vertical element with a flatter bumper, instead of the "starburst" design.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,796 Posts
Very nice! I always like seeing CT6s on the road, even if it is rarely...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts