GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I took the wife for a ride to an apple orchard; she wanted to pick some apples. The trip (plus some running around the countryside) was about 200 miles. since I filled the tank before the trip, I was curious about the mpg's so I refiledd afterwards. I was pleasnatly surprised that the supercharged motor achieved 29-1/2 mpg.
I did have one slight fault in that upon turning into the orchard's parking lot, I made a hard turn into the spot. The motor died but it immediately re-started. I know that turning the wheels requires more torque from the motor but my Caravans do not have this problem. Maybe I should study this? Nah. It's fall in the midwest and going through IL in the Monte is quite nice. She is comfortable and really holds the curves.

One point of note. Monday, I travelled to Dubuque in a new Caravan. Boy, the seats are uncomfortable. Too hard for a big wagon and the cloth is like sitting on sandpaper. Also, they adopted the Honda design of the tranny shifter on the dash. This must be for assembly purposes.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the car has been running pretty smoothly. I must point out that I have under 10,000 miles on her since she is not my daily driver. This happened once before, about 3 weeks after receiving the car in Dec, 2003, after comng off idle at a stop sign.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts