GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rec'd the recall notice for my 2004 MC so I took in the letter when I had my 3,000 mile oil change. They inserted a plastic piece into the keys' slot and a ring for (I guess) attaching any stuff to it (which I don't). I have not had a problem with the ignition but I looked at the fix and thought that this was some engineer's wet dream to correct a probem that exists in the cylinder. Well, I got the letter and let the shop do their work. No real opinions, one way or the other; I was more interested to see that they did the oil change correctly (I check the stick before leaving) and did not put scratches on the car.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've never received a notice on my '01, since it uses the same lock cylinder I imagine I'll be hearing from them. Since I do my own oil changes, plus anything else that doesn't require a Tech 2 I doubt it will ever get done. Neither my wife or I carry more than the bare minimum on our rings, in fact when we bought the M/C for her I also installed a GM Keyless remote system for her but don't carry a transmitter now that it's mine because I already have enough keys and don't want the bulk.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typical GM. The fix employed small rings to hold the key to the fob. The dealership did the work and handed the keys to me. While out and the key in my pocket, the rings came apart and I had the key separated from the fob. Just laughable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.