GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has heard if there are any modifications out there yet for the G8 that will push the HP up over the 400 mark?
Also, if there are going to be any mods for the 2.0L Turbo in the Cobalt. I've heard that motor is already pushing the max for HP.

Cheers
Cody

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I know there is an available S/C kit for the G8 now.

Its a GM V8, theres always tonnes of aftermarket for them

BTW nice car, are you over at RegalGS.org?

Nice mod list. Sure beats mine; Custom FWI, Hogan 2.5' Catback, Flipped Motor mounts, Dynomax Superturbo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm not on the Regal site. It doesn't take much to get this stuff done, just a couple of bolt-ons. I've been thinking of flipping the motor mounts but haven't yet.
I knew about the Magnacharger, but things like CAI, throttlebody, intake manifold, headers... That was what I was wondering about. Well, I guess I'll just keep looking.

Thanks man

·
Registered
520 Posts
From what I've heard a good tune will unleash a nice bit of power as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet. I've just been trying to make up my mind on which car to get next (G8 GT or Cobalt SS/T), and I want to make sure there will be aftermarket parts for them.
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Get the G8 GT. Simple bolt-ons with a tune will get you the numbers you want easy... unless you mean 400 WHP, and not 400 HP. Short of forced induction or a lot of money (heads, cam, manifold, etc), I don't see you getting 400 WHP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get the G8 GT. Simple bolt-ons with a tune will get you the numbers you want easy... unless you mean 400 WHP, and not 400 HP. Short of forced induction or a lot of money (heads, cam, manifold, etc), I don't see you getting 400 WHP.
i think a cam and CAI, simple exhaust and tune will get you 400rwhp

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am personally getting rid of AFM/DOD with a small cam from either Vector Motorsports, New Era, or Livernois.

I'm loving my G8! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts