1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Camaro will be a Killer !,
in therms of design and performance..
but...

GM made proper homework puting camaro it into production...
we should wait for Fords answer 2010,
that EcoBoost sounds ok, but in the terms of real Muscle ,than even if Mustang gets new 5,0L V8 it will be not enough for Camaro SS and Challenger RT . "no replacement for displacement"
Shelby pumps them up by superchrgers, but GT's 500 are more expensive,
Challenger need interior redone, than it will be complete car,
every one is diferent, and great on it's own way..
BTW: which one sounds best?,(that's also important..I've heard that RT will heve a trick with open exhaust which will give great music from tail-pipes..)

other think to consider:
how about next Modern Muscle from BIG 3?
there will be new retro-GTO, or Impala in GM stable/?
new Ford torino?..properly redesigned Charger?
Im waiting for Modern Muscle war ! there's a place on the market for new midsize Modern muscle?

how long it will last..before fuel crissis will kill them? Firebird 2018 the last modern Muslce?
what do You think ?
Im writing an article about modern muscle..
any sugestion matters,
Thanks,
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
There wont be a Firebird.
What you see now will most likely be the pinical of the 2nd Muscle Car era.
Challenger will continue to be a 4 door, Challenger will be the "Charger Coupe".
RWD looks be be left to Camaro, Vette, and Caddy for now for GM NA. Holden and Opel will get thiers, but with GM not making money, it would be much easier to develop cheap and easy FWD sedans that can sell, rather then trying to attend to a small market of enthusiasts that make up less the 1% of the driving public.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I do hope there is more modern muscle, but I would like to see GM live on, more than any GTO or Firebird.

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
^^^For the sake of the workers, I hope GM does survive, however, I would like to see a brand (or division) that can make it by catering to that 1%. There are plenty of brands that cater to badge snobbery and one upmanship, but none that cater to accessible RWD performance. I've said this a long time ago: Ford and Holden (obviously in Oz market but the concept is global) are on the cusp of creating vehicles that no longer cater to this niche. Some people see driving as a chore. I see driving as a playground on which to hone my skills. Constantly reviewing and (hopefully) imporving my skills is the key to my on road enjoyment. Packing giant engines in fat whales, whilst relying on electronics to smooth out the rough stuff, flies in the face of what I love about driving.

Muscle cars used to require pilots. Now all they need are programmers, to make any toss bag look like a hero. Old school muscle cars are already dead. Get ready for old school homogenous boredom. :faint:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
allways Pontiac was considered as a performance division in GM, now they have G8 ..and the car is power killer, but has no image in my opinon..
so now only chevrolet will have Muscle machines ....Corvette and camaro,
I think they should focus on one brand and make it more sporty,
most probably if there will be more muscle , chevrolet will be that brand
I belive they will produce Impala SS...it wolud be also nice to see modern interpretation of chevelle....
You see,.. if they said A , they should say B and C....
....I belive that if Camaro will be a bestseller , and I think It will ,than they will make midsize and fullsize muscle....

Zeta platrorm and Camaro mechanicals with diferent skin (design) can make Chevelle easy to built (like Challenger is a Charger smaller brother...)
I'm almost convinced that even if they will only change the look (design) it still make sense,
Chevelle could take a bigger engine than camaro..
what do You think ZR1's engin will fit into Camaro ?!:) haha

Chrysler for sure can make a Charger, I think if they need that familly sedan , they should give their designers a task to draw a new 2 door coupe, and just call it Charger special or sth...
one problem is taht Challenger is quite big car, so Charger to make sens schould be almost fullsize :)

how about ford:
Interceptor concept will be a fullsize muscle...
but niclly styled Torino , or Couguar (bigger (size of Challenger) and more luxuries than Mustang ) make sens for me...
Ford I think have a problem with performance engines...

BTW:can You tell me which is more ehpensive:

500 HP 6,4 L HEMi or 500 Hp 5,4 with supercharger

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
No idea which one is more expensive, but Id say that the added cost of a supercharger and the equipment to handle it would make tht engine more expensive the a large hemi, unless said Hemi used rare and expensive parts.

There wont be much of a muscle car race, what you see is what you get.
No 2 door chargers, no torino's, no Chevelle's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope You are wrong with that Muscle car race...Wishfull thinking...

yes, Hemi is more expensive than Chevy small block for sure...:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts