GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
State Trooper in Hospital After Accident on I-94
Sunday, 09 Mar 2008, 5:32 PM CDT

An accident involving a State Patrol squad car stopped traffic on westbound I-94 Sunday afternoon.

As of 2:50 p.m., westbound Interstate 94 was reopened at Dowling Ave North in Minneapolis.

According to State Patrol, a State Patrol officer Renee Adrian, was taken to HCMC after being hit by a vehicle that was driving 60 miles per hour.

The officer was in her squad car and responding to a minor accident when she was hit.

Officials say the seatbelt, cage and roll bar inside the squad saved the officer's life.

Full story/video: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfo...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

When you see the whole car, its amazing how the front half is pretty much in tact, while the entire back half is in the rear seat. The Trooper was sitting stopped in a traffic lane with lights on directing traffic to move over around an accident. As noted, she was rear ended at approximately 60 miles per hour. These people have a tough job to do that has to be terrifying any time they are pulled over on the side of the road. Slow down and give them some space by moving over a lane.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Damn! Hit at 60MPH and both drivers basically walk away. Incredible.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
State Trooper in Hospital After Accident on I-94
Sunday, 09 Mar 2008, 5:32 PM CDT

An accident involving a State Patrol squad car stopped traffic on westbound I-94 Sunday afternoon.

As of 2:50 p.m., westbound Interstate 94 was reopened at Dowling Ave North in Minneapolis.

According to State Patrol, a State Patrol officer Renee Adrian, was taken to HCMC after being hit by a vehicle that was driving 60 miles per hour.

The officer was in her squad car and responding to a minor accident when she was hit.

Officials say the seatbelt, cage and roll bar inside the squad saved the officer's life.

Full story/video: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfo...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

When you see the whole car, its amazing how the front half is pretty much in tact, while the entire back half is in the rear seat. The Trooper was sitting stopped in a traffic lane with lights on directing traffic to move over around an accident. As noted, she was rear ended at approximately 60 miles per hour. These people have a tough job to do that has to be terrifying any time they are pulled over on the side of the road. Slow down and give them some space by moving over a lane.
Wow....that's just nuts! :eek:

Our unicameral recently passed a law requiring people to move over at least one lane when coming up on an emerg. vehicle like this (and if you don't, you could be fined pretty good...)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Our unicameral recently passed a law requiring people to move over at least one lane when coming up on an emerg. vehicle like this (and if you don't, you could be fined pretty good...)
MN also passed a similar law. They've been doing enforcement by having one Trooper pull over speeders and as second one laying back to go after vehicles that don't move over a lane.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts

How do they plan on getting that info to those passing through? Hope more than a sign at the state line.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wow, she is very fortunate! I t-boned a Monte Carlo while I was traveling 60 in my Cavalier. And the Monte was probably travling sideways at me at around 25mph or so. I walked away with only minor injuries, the other guy wasnt so luckey. (But it was his fault and he was on drugs so I dont realy have much sympathy for him)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No they're not
Guess it depends, is this the old style caprice Impala (doubtful) or the new Grand Prix, Intrigue, Lacrosse Impala? ;)

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
How do they plan on getting that info to those passing through? Hope more than a sign at the state line.
It's been well publicized on local newscasts and in papers across the state for quite some time.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts