GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Question: Why do we care that it is "The First Ever _Fill in the blank_"? Lincoln does this too.. I remember when Pontiac did that with the G6, didn't really move the needle that it was "The First Ever!"

·
Registered
697 Posts
Question: Why do we care that it is "The First Ever _Fill in the blank_"? Lincoln does this too.. I remember when Pontiac did that with the G6, didn't really move the needle that it was "The First Ever!"
I have ALWAYS felt that way! It's SO stupid! Who cares that a car is the "First Ever Model Blah Blah Blah"? Now if you said it's the First Ever 0-Emission-Cold-Fusion-Vehicle I'd take notice.
Also, the "First Ever ATS-V" will also be the "Only Ever ATS-V" if Cadillac's new naming structure is to be believed... namely, that every redesign will see a shift to the new nomenclature. So this car's successor will likely be called the CT5-V.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wouldn't think they are in the same market and it will probably be slower since it has less HP compared to what Ford has said about the GT350 so far.

Cadillac is going after the luxury sport market with this car while Ford is hitting the muscle car market. The only thing similar is they are both fast and expensive.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Loved where they cut into the interiot shot and the driver is "manually" shifting that beast! **Be still my beating heart!**

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The sedan version in blue has me very interested. Pricing will be my biggest deterent, which clearly means I am not Cadillac's target market.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I wouldn't think they are in the same market and it will probably be slower since it has less HP compared to what Ford has said about the GT350 so far.

Cadillac is going after the luxury sport market with this car while Ford is hitting the muscle car market. The only thing similar is they are both fast and expensive.
Honestly the GT350 comparison will probably come down to weight. How much does the GT350 weigh. Isn't ATS-V around 3600lbs? I know Mustang GT is around 3600lbs, wouldn't the GT350 weight even more?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Excuse me, can anyone confirm this:

Helping turn that power into the fastest Nurburgring times any Cadillac has ever achieved (sorry, no numbers yet)
That's from Motor Trend.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
You know the pretty boy evil villain who drives the Jaguar? Yeah, this is him after he met the badass who drives the ATS-V:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.