GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Introduction of the Montego sedan represents a watershed event for the Mercury brand. It offers the whole package — great exterior design, surprisingly generous interior space and strong value. The Montego is adding new energy into the Lincoln-Mercury showroom. It’s what we want customers to expect from Lincoln-Mercury.” – Darryl B. Hazel, President, Lincoln-Mercury

Ford Motor Company is launching into the Year of the Car in 2004 by introducing six new car and crossover models, including an important sedan with available all-wheel drive for Mercury dealers: the all-new Montego.

FULL STORY HERE

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
The interior looks great, but the exterior does look KIA --- it looks like a mid to economy grade car that was gussied up in a forced sort of way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nothing to see here. Just another car company going through the convulsions associated with a painful death. Mercury will be gone in 5 years. No more. ;)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
BUY ONE if you have a new baby! Garage it and in twenty years sell it mint to a collector. It will pay for your childs education cause Merc will only be a memory.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Jan 6 2004, 01:59 PM
BUY ONE if you have a new baby! Garage it and in twenty years sell it mint to a collector. It will pay for your childs education cause Merc will only be a memory.
Do you see anyone garaging Eagle's? ;)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
UMMMMMMMMMM I was kidding. I was just trying to point out Merc is still stuck in rebadge land where GM has finally left. Gm learned it's lesson, Ford has not. Merc could have been saved with some creativity but I think it's bye bye for another american car line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts