GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i was on my monthly trip to MPG today with hopes of catching shots of Fords elusive bird of prey known as the falcon. While the Falcon was not there today i did catch shots of a Milan tester just before it went into the safety of its travel trailer. Its not the clearest shots around but you can see that the tailights are exposed and the tester is naked

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and heres the tester in all of its naked glory

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll admit the distance did suck. i had to shoot that pic at maximum zoom to get it to turn out good and I thought it was the current one at first as well but the travel trailer and the two tone paintjob indicated that this was something else entirely and just for fun heres a shot of a white MKS that i took just before the Milan showed up

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
the tail of the new Milan is to be very close to the current model - but there are to be some interesting "smoothenings" of the design.

Fusion and MKZ will get a more substantial redesign ...

Igor

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I seriously feel that Ford greatly drop the ball with these vehicles..........

The Ford Fusion is a good car I think however they gave it a weak V-6 engine (in this segment its typically a 70/30 split between I-4 and V-6 equip cars.

But if you want to seriously look and compare these vehicles you do have to compare the I-4 models of them to get an idea of how well they ar going to sell.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
the tail of the new Milan is to be very close to the current model - but there are to be some interesting "smoothenings" of the design.

Fusion and MKZ will get a more substantial redesign ...

Igor
Well, that news certainly does not give me confidence in Mercury's future.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll go one more time later in April for a follow up and see what other treasures MPG has in store. I was about to give up when I saw the travel trailer pull up and decided to stick around. Overall it was a good day and i did see a SRT 8 Nitro on my way home (unfortunately that one eluded my lens) but it was a productive trip overall. And as usual if I catch anything interesting on my second trip to MPG I'll post it

·
Registered
928 Posts
Wow good job on all of thses shots! i imagine the MKS with blacked out rims or none at all is a testbed for ecoboost. I mean it should be considering its the first vehicle to receive the engine and it needs to be good. The Milan looks similar to those mexican drawings that have been around since last summer

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow good job on all of thses shots! i imagine the MKS with blacked out rims or none at all is a testbed for ecoboost. I mean it should be considering its the first vehicle to receive the engine and it needs to be good. The Milan looks similar to those mexican drawings that have been around since last summer
Thank you I'm still debating whether to send these pics to Brenda priddy and see if they generate interest. Getting these shots was not easy because of the distance (my camera is not a SLR). I was also staked out in a parking lot (which had the only good view of the proving grounds) as for the MKS it did have blacked out rims (i had a good pair of bird watching binoculars with me that helped confirm that) and it could very well have been a ecoboost mule. The Milan tester was actually not my intended target (i was looking for the ford falcon or redesigned mustang) but it and the MKS were nice consolation prizes

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thank you I'm still debating whether to send these pics to Brenda priddy and see if they generate interest. Getting these shots was not easy because of the distance (my camera is not a SLR). I was also staked out in a parking lot (which had the only good view of the proving grounds) as for the MKS it did have blacked out rims (i had a good pair of bird watching binoculars with me that helped confirm that) and it could very well have been a ecoboost mule. The Milan tester was actually not my intended target (i was looking for the ford falcon or redesigned mustang) but it and the MKS were nice consolation prizes
ya i bet, FORD is keeping that mustang under wraps like non other i imagine, the camaro will be no surprise when it arrives (dont get me wrong, it looks awesome but people will already know what it looks like). I think fords new stragedy of introducing cars like the 2010 fusion late and then having it hit showrooms just a few months later make the product more exciting and desirable.

this Also makes the car able to be in the consumers hands before blogs like these rip a car apart before its even avalible for testing or consumer reaction

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
and heres the tester in all of its naked glory

belated & big TY, GMfan1111!!!!
You got the FML car I'm most interested in :) ...well, until May 5th...
(gotta let some other guys know about it ;))

imho looks like new TL's - even before they spread the Milan's look to other Mercs... hmm, not sure how I feel about that

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts

imho looks like new TL's - even before they spread the Milan's look to other Mercs... hmm, not sure how I feel about that
What did you mean by May 5???? Do you mean that is the day they make the new Milan public? or were you taking about the first day the MkS gets produced???

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
^^ >> ^ yup :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Ford should either fix Mercury or kill it. There are no new products planned for it, just refreshes and the VOGA trim, that is it. Make the Taurus X the Mercury Sable X (since the Flex will kill the Taurus X), give it sheetmetal similar to the Meta One concept and maybe an engine like the concept got.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Your welcome 2b2 I don't go to MPG often but when I do I see all sorts of cool stuff. I'll be heading back there later in April for a follow up and see what other cool stuff is there. I did see two X6 mules with powerdome hoods on my last visit (but unfortunately i could not get pictures of them because they were too far away. and in case if you guys are wondering I DO NOT work there I'm just a very brave and gutsy photographer. If I catch anything else interesting I'll be sure to post it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts