GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Would like some comments and critisim. What should i do to make it more cougarish.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
lightbrotha2004 said:
Would like some comments and critisim. What should i do to make it more cougarish.
suggestions
1. Please don't stop. It was great seeing your Sable chops - I really liked them, lightbrotha2004!
2. Ignore unconstructive or flippant comments. Mercury seems to be 'bashing-allowed' (almost encouraged imho).
3. Consider more than one generation for inspiration.
4. Consider unusual donor-cars... maybe the AuFalcon? or even the Mercura-TL, Meriniti-G35, Meraudi-A4/6? ;)
5. Consider posting in the Ford forum - no fewer haters but maybe more supporters.
&
here's a couple original Cougar logos
http://mijewell.home.mindspring.com/emblem3.gif 219x79
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/cougar67_2/Exterior/68_Exterior_04.JPG 1024x768

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
id love to comment, but the picture isnt working.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not a fan of the styling, but you did a really good job:cool: . Try using styling from the newer mercuries (Milan, Mon...sorry, Sable) to make it have a more modern look. Awesome idea.

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
I can't see the picture. Oh, no, my computer is working just fine. I mean I went blind after looking at that thing...

Seriously, the quality of the chop is nice. The problem is that you are working with a, what, 35 year old sedan. Even after chopping a foot off the trunk, you are left with a "coupe" that is hideously disproportioned. A coupe needs to be sleek and personal.

Plus, there are all sorts of design elements that are just past their prime. The shape of the C pillar, the vertical back window, the ridiculous overhangs. Of course, none of this has to do with the quality of your work. Rather, it is the subject matter.

I suggest that you work your magic on an Interceptor. That is one Ford that could be tightened up and look very good as a coupe.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
HoosierRon said:
...I suggest that you work your magic on an Interceptor. That is one Ford that could be tightened up and look very good as a coupe.
sorta like this?

otoh, I'd love to see what a Panther could be by cutting the overhangs to the bone...
300hp 3valve 4.6v8 + 6speed...
new body + interior...
tho still doubt I'd use the Cougar name.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'd like to see a Cougar based off the new Mustang like they were back in the 60s.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
^If that Cougar Eliminator rolled into Mercury showrooms there might actually be people in the showrooms (other than janitors, employees, and the occasional old people)

·
Registered
227 Posts
That chop is nice, but the concept doesn't say "Cougar".

To me, a Cougar would be the '67 or '68 XR-7 retro...maybe even the Eliminator?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't start with a Mercury Marauder

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Only reason i chose the Maruader as my starting point is because I liked the shape I could get with it. The Mustang was not even a thougth considering the direction I wanted to go in. However after much thought I am working on a Mustang based Eliminator, an Marauder based XR-7, and finally a base Cougar based on the the Sable/Milan.

I had also thought about using the the Interceptor Concept but deemed it unsutible for what i wanted. I'm not the best chopper and I would have to change entirely too much on it to make it what i want.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts