GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44,423 Posts
:blink:

Well, it's certainly unexpected. And Ford still has a 10% stake in Aston.
And Aston doesn't really compete with anything in the Mercedes/Maybach lineup. It would be interesting.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Autoblog made it sound more like a partnership, not so much an all out buy. A partnership seems more likely than MB buying them up.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
could this possilbly result in a chassis share, as in the next aston uses an MB chassis? It shall be interesting.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
MB to own Aston??? Seems kinda odd, but Aston needs a proverbial shot in the arm IMO. Aston makes wonderful cars, but they always lag behind in their segment! This could really some awesome in Aston. I hope they wouldnt do alot of chassis sharing though, one of the main reasons Astons are so cool is their unique, exclusivness!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sounds like a merger of equals, I assume they'll change the name of the company to Daimler/Aston. Use the profits to fund M&B new designs. Fire all the designers and engineers. Move all RD to Germany. Reduce reliability, make some of the ugliest cars Aston has ever built and then call them a dog and then drop the shell of the company when things turn really bad.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Sounds like a merger of equals, I assume they'll change the name of the company to Daimler/Aston. Use the profits to fund M&B new designs. Fire all the designers and engineers. Move all RD to Germany. Reduce reliability, make some of the ugliest cars Aston has ever built and then call them a dog and then drop the shell of the company when things turn really bad.
I'm sensing just a bit of skepticism or maybe some cynicism, dederer. I could be wrong, though.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Is this what is pushing Ford's stock up? I don't think it is enough by itself.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Thank you! I couldn't have said it any better myself.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
It's a natural fit. I felt that either Mercedes or BMW should have bought Jag. Land Rover, I don't know. BMW already tapped that, wouldn't want it back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts