GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been looking into 04-06 GTO and W211 E55 AMG primarily (very different vehicles, I realize) as my next car. Studying the Mercedes forums, and more specifically the AMG section... those AMG Benz guys surprised me. There is a ton of respect from them on the Caddy's, and more specifically the CTS-V especially.

I've been them talk about the V likely more than I have the M5's... and in very very positive light. Just a random post, but I felt it was a good thing to mention here. :clap:

Reactions: paul8488

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Welcome back. Haven't seen you post in awhile. Did you have to get rid of your GTO at some point? It seems you did have one...

But yea, it seems that true enthusiasts of performance cars are pretty open and respecting to other makes and models in general. These AMG guys are in comparison to someone who just got their first real job and leased a base C class who are going to brag up and down about it to everyone they encounter

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
The maintenance and repair costs of the gm products are very low compared to the Germans and one of the reasons I admire the strong performance and low cost to run gm performance cars..cts v included...

I admire and sometimes consider German, Italian and even British performance vehicles as values and then remember the running costs and walk away..

For those who own short term it's no issue but for length of ownership I just tend to prefer lower costs...of American products...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome back. Haven't seen you post in awhile. Did you have to get rid of your GTO at some point? It seems you did have one...

But yea, it seems that true enthusiasts of performance cars are pretty open and respecting to other makes and models in general. These AMG guys are in comparison to someone who just got their first real job and leased a base C class who are going to brag up and down about it to everyone they encounter
Thanks! Yeah, I mostly creep the forums every little while these days. I need indeed have an '04 YJ GTO, 6 speed. Sold that a few years ago to get rid of that debt when I lost my then-job. Needless to say, I miss it. haha

But yeah, I know a lot of those import people look down upon Cadillac, which is why those AMG folks surprised me with their respect to the V. But they're likely more mature and less about the "I've got the big star on the hood!" than your regular MB customer.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
A true enthusiast respects excellent performance wherever it's found.

I'm an Audi guy, but the old C63 AMG sport with the crazy exhaust? Holy guacamole, that is an impressive sound.

Reactions: mgescuro

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul haha same. As much as I am a GM guy, I do love and have a lot of respect for others - rather America, European, Asian, or Australian. There's great (albeit different) cars from across the globe, new and old alike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.