Changes:
  • Silver Ice Metallic
  • Gold Mist Metallic
  • AM/FM stereo with CD and MP3 playback with new USB port
  • SS Turbocharged Sedan
  • Bluetooth
  • Reconfigurable Performance Display
  • OnStar is standard
  • All-new ECOTEC VVT 2.2L w/ 155 HP and 150 lb.-ft. or torque (better fuel economy as well)
  • 2.4L Sport model no longer in lineup
Notes: Some interesting changes on the 2009 Cobalt. Note that Bluetooth, USB connectivity, and a standard engine that is by-far the most powerful in it's class. The new 2.2L is suppose to provide 35+ MPG on the highway with the automatic.

Corvette
Start of Production:
June 23, 2008

Changes:
  • Blade Silver Metallic
  • Cyber Gray Metallic
  • ZR1 Model
  • Bluetooth
Fuel Economy Numbers: 16/26 (Manual 6.2), 15/25 (Automatic 6.2)

Impala
Start of Production:
June 19, 2008

Changes:
  • Silver Ice Metallic
  • Aqua Blue Metallic
  • Victory Red
  • Bluetooth
  • Thorax Side Airbags now standard
  • New cupholder design
Malibu
Start of Production:
June 16, 2008

Changes:
  • Silver Ice Metallic
  • Summit White
  • Gold Mist Metallic
  • Bluetooth
  • StabiliTrak and Traction Control standard on all models
  • ECOTEC 2.4L standard on LTZ
  • 6-Speed transmission available on 4-cylinder 1LT, standard on 4-cylinder 2LT and LTZ
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
GMI 2009 InfoNet

2009 High-Resolution Image Gallery
* Meet Your 2009 Lineup Facts
* Meet Your 2009 Buick Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 Cadillac Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 Chevrolet Truck Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 GMC Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 Hummer Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 Pontiac Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 Saab Lineup
* Meet Your 2009 Saturn Lineup

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
great! BTW- saw over 100 SS Turbocharged coupes parked in an old Kmart Parking Lot/Food Town in Metro Detroit....any idea who owns them and why they being stashed?

CobaltSS

PS: Can't wait till november...see sig below!!!

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Maybe if GM would develop side markers built into the side mirror...we wouldn't be having this problem. Even the new Ep2 Insignia doesn't have them. I think that is a huge oversight.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I actually kinda like it that way. What happens if the mirror gets smashed for some reason? It happens. Happened to my mothers Sonata actually. Also, it keeps the costs down.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
1: The aveo would look way better without all that ground clearance.
2: The Impala is seeming even more now redundant as a 2009 MY, with the Malibu in its 2nd year already. The only thing I would take from the Impala is the LS4.
3: It is very impressive that the cobalt now comes with not only aux standard, but also bluetooth AND usb. Not to mention the mpg considering it has more low end power than any other economy car with comparable mpg. I really hope the SS/TC causes SS/SC prices to keep going down :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Actually the Impala isnt as redundant as people think. I for one fit a lot better in the Impala than the Malibu.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
It's pretty sad when the Chevy lineup looks totally better than the Pontiac. The Aveo grille being the exception of course. Kudos for the beef up on the Impalas std equipment list but demerits for not beefing up the std engine to 224 Hp as in the other cars that use this engine and for not fixing the no glovebox light/no telescoping wheel and lack of floor shift indicator issues.

·
Registered
277 Posts
After looking over the Chevy car lineup, I have one question...

Do you think that Chevy is going to preparing to ramp up production of the HHR and turn it into one of the mainstream cars? It is definitly behind the Cobalt right now, and down the line in terms mainstream cars, but with soaring gas prices, do you see GM pushing the HHR to turn it into something indepentdent of the Cobalt. The Cobalt is a solid compact sedan/coupe and is compareable to every other compact sedan and coupe, and the HHR sales way less every month. However the HHR provides space, and capability that the average compact does not offer, as one of its main selling points. If gas prices continue to soar, Americans will be shifting torwards compacts and eventually they will do like Great Britain and prefer hatchs and wagons( something you can actually haul more then people in:D) and with competiton like the Caliber and Matrix/Vibe, GM could make serious in roads. What do you think on the HHR's outlook

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Wait, they're killing off the 2.4L Cobalt?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I disagree, mostly because of the other tuning in addition to the 2.4 engine. My dad has an 06 SS, and it basically gives all the tuning of the Supercharged, at a lower price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.