GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mazda Falls Most in Six Years on U.S. Sales Slump

Aug. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Mazda Motor Corp. a third owned by Ford Motor Co., fell the most in more than six years in Tokyo after posting the biggest drop in July U.S. sales among Japanese carmakers.

Mazda declined as much 8.6 percent to 553 yen and traded at 554 yen as of 10:27 a.m. on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

Mazda posted a 13 percent decline in U.S. sales last month, ahead of the introduction of a new version of the Mazda6 sedan. The overall market also dropped 13 percent, with the combined sales of General Motors Corp., Ford and Chrysler LLC, dropping 23 percent.

``The July figure raised concern about Mazda, which was doing well until June,'' said Koji Endo, a senior analyst at Credit Suisse Group in Tokyo. ``The market is terrible.''

Toyota Motor Corp., whose U.S. July sales declined 12 percent, fell 3.7 percent in Tokyo. Honda Motor Co., which registered a 1.6 percent drop in demand, fell 4.3 percent in Tokyo.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aKtgD7MqhuE8

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Hey, it hits everyone. Mazda has been doing very well, so one month of lesser sales should not raise major concern compared to other car makers.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't even remotely consider Mazda when I'm thinking of a new vehicle.. Not even slightly remotely... I wonder if many people feel the way I do..
I know I'd consider a 3, MS3, MX-5, 6 or RX8 way before I'd consider anything in Hyundai's lineup. ;)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't even remotely consider Mazda when I'm thinking of a new vehicle.. Not even slightly remotely... I wonder if many people feel the way I do..
I think that's how most people feel about Saturn.

But you're right.....Mazda is not at the level of Toyota, Chevy, Honda, Ford etc......it is still a relatively small volume brand.

Having said........I must add that I drive a Mazda. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mazda has done very well since the original 6 arrived back in '03. The new 6 looks to be a big improvement over the original 6 which was a very good car. I know because I own an '05. I believe the new 3 will arrive about a year later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts